Serious Advice on Low Libido Wife?

I've been on here for years. I have had some great feedback when I ask questions and I have one regarding my wife. It isn't specifically about IR or cuckolding or any of that. Although I will say that I would love to be a cuck or stag, but I don't ever see it happening. My question is really about my wife's low libido. She is 38 and I am 34. We've been married for 11 years and our sex life has been a roller coaster. What I have noticed is that she seems to have low energy in general. She goes to bed by 9:30 pm and will not have sex because she has to be up at 6 for work like I do. During the weekends she might have an excuse or say that she forgot. Usually though the weekend is when we have our fun. Even then she seems to be lazy as a lover. I do the majority of the work for her pleasures. My libido is lower than it it was in my twenties and hers seems to be much lower than mine now. So ladies and gents please ask questions if I haven't given enough info and chime in on what some good solutions are for us to reach a better sex life. In my opinion we are too young to not enjoy great sex as a couple.

Sounds like y'all are in a rut. Y'all need a stop and chat about it for sure.
Maybe even do enhanced date nights or surprise her with a trip, or a hotel night or if y'all have k.ids and you both work you do her chores, then let her have a spa day.
Above all make her feel sexy and wanted.

Maybe even do enhanced date nights or surprise her with a trip, or a hotel night or if y'all have k.ids and you both work you do her chores, then let her have a spa day.
I need to try a date night and some excitement. I compliment her frequently and try to make her feel wanted and sexy very regularly though.

Great advice. Inject some excitement back into the marriage. If you’re not having a date night each week start. Also- seek a medical opinion. It very well could be hormonal.

Great advice. Inject some excitement back into the marriage. If you’re not having a date night each week start. Also- seek a medical opinion. It very well could be hormonal.
I didn't want to bring up the H word, but it does start to play around with us in the 30's for sure. Going on 36 and sometimes I cry without reason, and sometimes I think if I just rear end this ahole he'll move faster.

I'm leaning towards a medical opinion. She has discovered anxiety and has had issues at work which hasn't helped at all. This has been going on in this direction for a bit now. I've asked her if I'm boring her sexually, I've tried to introduce new ideas to spice things up and it seems like that isn't the answer. If I could get her completely comfortable in her life I think things might improve but I really do need professional help with this issue. Hormones was another good possibility.

She's just not into having sex with you. That's between you and her.
Our quick story, married 20+ years, sex life got very routine, no fault of either of us. We did have sex whenever I or she wanted but wasn't that often. Sex was ok but not like it was in the past. We went to a sex toy store, she bought a vibrator. She used it a lot and it helped our sex.
About 5 years ago we got into mfm fun with a guy we know, long story on how it all started. Fun but lots of guilt and regrets. We got pretty comfy doing it with him. Off and on, more on for the last year or so.
Now that we've accepted how exciting this is it's over the top exciting for all three of us. Wife gets really turned on and likes us taking turns doing her. It's always 2 to 3 hours, sometimes more. It's a lot of sex for her, we always do her twice each and some nights more.
Wife is horny as fuck for days after so we have a lot of sex now. This has really improved our sex life and her self confidence is amazing.
I don't know what your situation is but have fun.

My wife had similar problems. It all came back to normal after she went off pill. The pill killed her libido and energy levels completely. So maybe a gyno check would help?

Get her to get her thyroid level checked and go to a gyno for hormone levels checked.
Agreed. Most women do not know to have their thyroid checked on a regular basis. The thyroid is so important. Have "extensive" ******* work done. In other words have T3, T4, and TSH checked. Do some research on this and make sure your GP knows the ins and outs regarding the thyroid. Medication may be needed to support the thyroid. Stress levels and diet all play into this. My spouse was experiencing a dry vagina during our love making. When she corrected the thyroid issue, her libido returned and she again became a gusher. We have been down this road and experienced a slow done in our sex. I thank the GP she went to for help. He is part of the reason my wife was able to get back to enjoying hard, dark chocolate.

Just wait till menopause hits. You’ll never see sex again from her.

check hormones. She should be starting to sexually peak at this time. Well, maybe a little early. But my wife got hornier in her 40s

Just wait till menopause hits. You’ll never see sex again from her.

check hormones. She should be starting to sexually peak at this time. Well, maybe a little early. But my wife got hornier in her 40s
Actually, my wife's sexual appetite increased after menopause. Just when I started having problems getting hard. I was the one with the medical issue and we didn't have intercourse for 2 years because of it.

Maybe I can suggest the thyroid testing, but as far as hormone level she will never agree to do H therapy since her mom died of ovarian cancer. I even showed her studies on topical hormone creams but no risk, no matter how minimal is acceptable to her.

Back