RETITLED - LUBE DISCUSSION, TIPS, AND HEALTH FACTS(COMMUNITY HELP)

We use coconut oil primarily externally, though have found it to be much better as lube than a lot of what's manufactured as lube. It is slightly alkaline and probably has some natural sugars, but it certainly seems to have less negative impact on my wife's microbiome than cheap lubes do.

Glycerine is not something women who've ever had issues with yeast should be putting in their vaginas, but it sure is in a LOT of lube out there. We buy expensive organic lubes for most vaginal sex and for use with a condom or toys, and keep coconut oil on hand for massages, hand jobs, butt play, and as a backup lube when we run out of other things, or when she feels her pH might be slightly acidic anyway. We both like the silky feeling of it quite a bit, but reach for more neutral lubes first for vaginal use.

Last edited:
We use coconut oil primarily externally, though have found it to be much better as lube than a lot of what's manufactured as lube. It is slightly alkaline and probably had some natural sugars, but it certainly seems to have less negative impact on my wife's microbiome than cheap lubes do.

Glycerine is not something women who've ever had issues with yeast should be putting in their vaginas, but it sure is in a LOT of lube out there. We buy expensive organic lubes for most vaginal sex and for use with a condom or toys, and keep coconut oil on hand for massages, hand jobs, butt play, and as a backup lube when we run out of other things, or when she feels her pH might be slightly acidic anyway. We both like the silky feeling of it quite a bit, but reach for more neutral lubes first for vaginal use.
If you guys haven't tried Sliquid, Aloe Cadabra and Good Clean Love yet those are my top recommendations, in that order. Specifically Sliquid Sea, the formula is amazing and its quite silky for a waterbased lube. My main complaint with the other two is they get tacky pretty quick so you need a lot of reapplication but they're still solid products that aren't going to do you any harm.

The amount of absolute trash lubes on the market is awful. I cringe thinking about people putting that ******* inside their bodies.

If you guys haven't tried Sliquid, Aloe Cadabra and Good Clean Love yet those are my top recommendations, in that order. Specifically Sliquid Sea, the formula is amazing and its quite silky for a waterbased lube. My main complaint with the other two is they get tacky pretty quick so you need a lot of reapplication but they're still solid products that aren't going to do you any harm.

The amount of absolute trash lubes on the market is awful. I cringe thinking about people putting that ******* inside their bodies.
I missed this reply somehow. Thanks for the tips! We've mostly settled in with Good Clean Love - Nearly Naked, as it's readily available at the grocery and ******* stores near us, and it's aloe based, and almost entirely organic. I keep a little handbag stocked for her, with that and other items that might come in handy on her play dates (condoms that agree with her body, lip balm, etc.). Definitely up for trying your recommendations, though. I'll be looking into ordering them.

After getting away from cheap, soapy/sugary lubes, the thing making the biggest difference for my wife has been to keep boric acid on hand. She used to treat it like a "nuclear option" and only used it when she had a full blown yeast infection that was taking to long to treat with over-the-counter stuff. Gradually she realized a little pH adjustment with a boric acid capsule after any major sexual activity or at the first sign of any itching was a lot nicer to her body, and keeps her from ever needing nasty medicines for the most part. She used to get BV or yeast infections all the time, and we were rotating through miconazole products and the like almost constantly. She tried lots of probiotics, a few douches, and was often depressed and her libido tanked when nothing worked. Doctors would say, "people are usually wrong when they think they're getting yeast infections this often, it's usually something else." Then they'd test her and it would test her and it would be another yeast infection, which most of the time she already knew, because it became so familiar. Suffice to say, things are a lot better after sticking to good lube and having boric acid on hand, and every once in a while, using a product called Yin Care.

Sorry @avaadore (and everyone), if this is TMI. Just hoping it's helpful to others who might be struggling. Having an active sex life and partners with varying chemistry can quickly upset a delicate balance, especially if you don't know what to look for, and chronic infections that doctors may or may not know how to treat can be super disheartening. My wife thought she was premenopausal and suffering from multiple undiagnosed conditions, and it turns out she was just doing the wrong things to restore balance.

Last edited:
I missed this reply somehow. Thanks for the tips! We've mostly settled in with Good Clean Love - Nearly Naked, as it's readily available at the grocery and ******* stores near us, and it's aloe based, and almost entirely organic. I keep a little handbag stocked with it and other items (condoms that agree with her body, lip balm etc.) that might come in handy on her play dates. Definitely up for trying your recommendations, though. I'll be looking into ordering them.

After getting away from cheap, soapy/sugary lubes, the thing making biggest difference for my wife has been to keep boric acid on hand. She used to treat it like a "nuclear option" and only used it when she had a full blown yeast infection that was taking to long to treat with over-the-counter stuff. Gradually she realized a little ph adjustment with a boric acid capsule after any major sexual activity or at the first sign of any itching was a lot nicer to her body, and keeps her from ever needing nasty medicines for the most part. She used to get bv or yeast infections all the time, and we were rotating through miconazole products and the like almost constantly. She tried lots of probiotics, a few douches, and was often depressed and her libido tanked when nothing worked. Doctors would say, "people are usually wrong when they think they're getting yeast infections this often, it's usually something else." Then they'd test her and it would test her and it would be another yeast infection, which most of the time she already knew, because it became so familiar. Suffice to say, things are a lot better after sticking to good lube and having boric acid on hand, and every once in a while, using a product called Yin Care.

Sorry @avaadore and all, if this is TMI. Just hoping it's helpful to others who might be struggling. Having an active sex life and partners with varying chemistry can quickly upset a delicate balance, especially if you don't know what to look for, and chronic infections that doctors may or may not know how to treat can be super disheartening. My wife thought she was premenopausal and suffering from multiple undiagnosed conditions, and it turns out she was just doing the wrong things to restore balance.
I'm a big lactic acid fan myself. I find boric too harsh, plus it's toxic if ingested and I don't like taking oral off the table. Lactic is gentle, pH balancing, safe if ingested and it's something a healthy vagina naturally produces and needs to stay balanced.

I've struggled with infections my entire life, not just in adulthood, my body has been against me since childhood lol so I get the struggle. It's why I'm so excessively informed on materials and ingredients for intimate products, I have to be.

I'm a big lactic acid fan myself. I find boric too harsh, plus it's toxic if ingested and I don't like taking oral off the table. Lactic is gentle, pH balancing, safe if ingested and it's something a healthy vagina naturally produces and needs to stay balanced.
Interesting, we hadn't heard about this option. Any particular product you like? Looks like mostly gel form is what's out there?

Interesting, we hadn't heard about this option. Any particular product you like? Looks like mostly gel form is what's out there?
I keep Gynalac around at all times - it's a Canadian product so I don't think you can get it at any brick and mortar stores in the US but it was on American Amazon last I checked.

Good Clean Love also has a lactic acid gel option if I'm not mistaken, I've never used it so I can't speak to its quality but I have a high opinion of the brand in general and have heard favourable reviews.

Back