Reparations

Still more "whites". However , in todays multiracial society with mixed interbreeding between races , "blacks" , " whites". Or any other group is becoming more difficult to separate. Even racial distinction by surname is no longer valid. Lots of "black" Murphys. Today. Etc
Lots of black surnames came from slave owners these are not our last names by choice

Certainly :) especially as we still benefit from their exploitation :(

But another important thing is to break down the system of white supremacy that still exists. Thankfully interracial love is one of the things doing that :)
How do we still benefit from the exploitation of chattel slavery? Wouldn’t the US Civil War, reconstruction and the relatively low per capita income of African Americans in the modern day represent a net loss? It just doesn’t seem that anyone benefitted from slavery in the long run.

How do we still benefit from the exploitation of chattel slavery? Wouldn’t the US Civil War, reconstruction and the relatively low per capita income of African Americans in the modern day represent a net loss? It just doesn’t seem that anyone benefitted from slavery in the long run.

White people benefit from the system of white supremacy set up by slavery and imperialism in a variety of financial and cultural ways

White people benefit from the system of white supremacy set up by slavery and imperialism in a variety of financial and cultural ways
I tend to view the cultural and financial benefit of the last 500 years being due to the Columbian Exchange, of which slavery was a part. The reason I think this is because when considering the origin of European (and American) global influence and dominance, the Columbian Exchange was absolutely necessary, whereas Slavery was not. It was a means to increase the effectiveness and relative speed of trade, largely with the Caribbean and South American sugar trade.
So, whites, or those of European cultural backgrounds benefit from the Columbian Exchange, not necessarily from slavery. Hypothetically, sugar plantations in the Caribbean and South America and later cash crop plantations in North America could have been manned by legitimately paid workers of European descent. This would result in two alternatives to history: 1) Global economic growth would have been much slower, and 2) the Americas would have much fewer people of African descent living there today.
Slavery was a true evil, and the Columbian exchange was hugely destructive to biological diversity globally. However, we all, world-wide, benefit from the standard of living that exists in the modern day that was accelerated due to the huge historical happenings of the last 500 years. It would be incorrect to say that all of this was built on the backs of African slaves. It is much more complex than that. Plus, to simply paraphrase the African slave trade that existed for nearly 400 years as something that can be paid off with dollars is really not recognizing the history. Black Americans have a proud heritage which is unique but not totally separate from anyone else. All history is shared.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbian_Exchange

Last edited:
Do we owe Black men reparations for our racist ancestors?

I believe so
yes I am a total believer in Reparations for Black Men and Black Women. This could be done through the tax code where Black Men and Black Women would benefit from much higher refunds and whites would be penalized with much higher tax liability. I am also a firm believer in affirmative action programs. My current Boss is a Black Man and His Boss is a Black Woman. I love being in a subordinate position to Them, and I think this should be the national norm.

yes I am a total believer in Reparations for Black Men and Black Women. This could be done through the tax code where Black Men and Black Women would benefit from much higher refunds and whites would be penalized with much higher tax liability. I am also a firm believer in affirmative action programs. My current Boss is a Black Man and His Boss is a Black Woman. I love being in a subordinate position to Them, and I think this should be the national norm.
You have only to see what black people are doing to other black people in Africa to see that this is not a racial issue but an issue of power and survival as it has been elsewhere from the beginning of time. Look at the history of China and of India. And of course the Mongols and Moslems too. There have never been reparations paid there for all the death and destruction. More recently , we have Hitler in WW2 and Stalin in Russia and Mao in China each who killed millions of people. No reparations there.

Wow i cant believe people think like this my great grandparents came from ireland in 1902 and were put in the military we have been enslaved and treated badly im not asking anybody for ******* and dont expect to get anything so no not all white men should be locked in cock cages and it wont happen

Last edited:
As a Black guy I'd like to see reparations happen, even if I probably won't see a cent of it as I am not an American, but as of I am writing this America is just beyond $21.8 Trillion in the hole in debt. Where will the money come from? Moreover, the best chance for reparations to occur would be during a time when a Black man like Obama was president. Seeing that that didn't happen it probably won't happen. Although I hope a future president will prove me wrong. However instead of paying out money the government could have reparations in another form where Blacks could be exempt for paying income tax for a few centuries maybe?

http://www.usdebtclock.org

Last edited:
Back