Question about office clothing. (Not a s XX post) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone.

So I need some advice from the ladies here. So I’m doing a summer internship and it’s at a very high end corporate atmosphere. My clothing options currently are not what I would call “office wear”. I’m not looking to attract anyone but I also don’t want to look like the frumpy “new girl”.

Can I get some advice on how I can still look cute but not too alluring? I’ve really never been in a corporate world before so I’m somewhat lost in what’s accepted and what’s not.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Sara

Good morning everyone.

So I need some advice from the ladies here. So I’m doing a summer internship and it’s at a very high end corporate atmosphere. My clothing options currently are not what I would call “office wear”. I’m not looking to attract anyone but I also don’t want to look like the frumpy “new girl”.

Can I get some advice on how I can still look cute but not too alluring? I’ve really never been in a corporate world before so I’m somewhat lost in what’s accepted and what’s not.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Sara
All the above were great options.
As a hiring manager who has interns this summer, skirts are good be careful with the length. They don’t have to be long, above the knee is fine. A club skirt is not. Tanks are good, especially with a light cardigan. Heels are great but the proper height for the job you are doing. Pants fare fine. You your shape to your advantage, but make sure to leave some to imagination

All the above were great options.
As a hiring manager who has interns this summer, skirts are good be careful with the length. They don’t have to be long, above the knee is fine. A club skirt is not. Tanks are good, especially with a light cardigan. Heels are great but the proper height for the job you are doing. Pants fare fine. You your shape to your advantage, but make sure to leave some to imagination

Very good information here. Stick to the usual suspects for office clothes. H&M, Belks, JC Penney...etc...depending on budget. Keep the skirts 3-6 inches below your finger tips when your arms are down by your side. Keep the blouses comfortable and professional. A small amount of cleavage is allowable, but as Chris95 said, nothing wrong with creating interest, but keep them guessing.

Same with heels. If you are running errands all day, 2" or flats are acceptable. Keep the colors neutral. Grays, blacks, whites, blues, tans, and mix in some floral or pastel accessories if that office environment is conducive.

Best of luck.

Like others have said keep it simple and don't stress out about it. A couple of good quality skirts and different tops go a long way. Be creative but conservative. Accessories are your friend but don't over do things. If you can before you start your internship, go to the building it is located in and if possible sit outside and watch what other women are wearing. That will give you a good idea. The best thing is to make sure that you are comfortable and confident in what you are wearing and you will be fine. Kitten heels are also a good shoe to wear, there are some really cute ones from Payless and other stores.

To be honest a few of my best office attire came from thrift shops and consignment shops.

Thank you all for the recommendations and advice. I’m going with a more pencil skirt look and pantsuit combos. I think it’s professional but still fashionable and attractive.

This is my first big girl job and even though it’s just an internship I want to be as professional as possible.

Thank you all!!

Thank you all for the recommendations and advice. I’m going with a more pencil skirt look and pantsuit combos. I think it’s professional but still fashionable and attractive.

This is my first big girl job and even though it’s just an internship I want to be as professional as possible.

Thank you all!!
You will look amazing no matter what... You are very sexy...

Good morning everyone.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Sara
This would be an awesome question for the Verified Females only forum ;)

Good rule of thumb for everybody; dress one step better than everybody else in the room. If you can, make a discreet visit to the office without telling people who you are and take note of what other people are wearing. Don't worry about name brands, focus instead on classic clothing that looks professional and save showing off skin for nightclubs after work.

Go with pantsuits, pencil skirts and blouses. These are standard work clothes. Use color and accessories to stand out. I suggest 3 inch heels so as not to look slutty. skirts/dresses should be approx. knee length. One or two buttons max, open on blouses. Nylons or pantyhose, do not let the welt on nylons show and no runs! Minimal make up to look professional. Subdued. After work, you go girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back