QoS Symbol Design Ideas

mywayintermsofsex

Male
Gold Member
Hey B2w community,

does anyone have any good (alternative) design ideas of the QoS symbol? And would you please explain them, or, even better, post a draft or picture here? No matter if it is (intended as) a tattoo, print on a piece of clothing, or jewelry.

Please, only contributions of designs that (slightly) differ from the well-known "plain" QoS. For instance, they may have additional elements, or be an alternation in some detail or aspect of the original symbol.

Thank you very much in advance. :)

:qos:

Let me start with an example. This has been on my mind on and off for a few months now. However, i am not a graphic designer, so i never managed to put it down as something that's appealing from an esthetic point of view. - Not until now (i think - you be the judge). ;)

First, let me say i like the original design. :inlove: A hug and big "Thank You" to @Greg69Sheryl for that! (y)
But also i think it lacks in one point. :unsure:

The QoS is most generally (and internationally!) used by Women as a symbol to show/advertise their sexual preference for Black men. It is borrowed from a particular card of a deck of playing cards: the Queen of the spades suit. ♠ However, the letter "Q" for the Queen is language-dependent. In other languages other initials like the "D" or the "I", for instance, are in use instead.

i think in order to keep this symbol universal it would be a good idea to have a variant that is language-neutral and yet easily recognizable as the QoS. Also i prefer widely known symbols to text elements like an initial letter. Of course any symbol in use shall reflect its purpose!

When we take a closer look at the subject matter the Woman herself is central to the theme. It is easy to find a broadly accepted symbol that represents Her, as such a symbol already exists and is known worldwide. It's the female "Venus" symbol! ♀

To "make" Her the Queen, the highly respectable, adorable and admirable person that She is, we can simply put a crown on top of her (symbol). Now if we turn the female sign slightly counter-clockwise, it finally gets to look pretty close to a "Q" and is easily recognizable as the QoS when put inside a spade (even without the plain letter "Q"). ;)

QoS_symbol-new_design.png

In the example above the spade fills the whole area of the square by extending to the borders on all sides. This is to signify the importance of the Black man in this lifestyle. The "ring" of the Venus symbol is exactly in the center of the compound symbol in order to signify that the Woman is central to this lifestyle.

Please, post your own QoS variants and ideas! Or give me feedback, suggestions for improvements, etc, as you wish. ;) TY

ImO a very nice one...
ENqROHqUwAA-tOW.jpg:small

ENLVxfiU0AAZgBx.jpg:small

...as seen@QOSgirl (QOS♠️IDAHO) on twitter.com
[Pictures are linked in from that public site. Infringement of any possibly associated rights is NOT intended.]

im very new to QOS, so do most people in the lifestyle have this tattoo?
No, i don't think so. It has become increasingly well-known throughout the last decade, but those who actually ink it are still rather rare. Today also temporary tatts are available from many different sources. - Also something to consider... there is a bit of confusion about its "real" meaning. *lol*

But ImO it should be less about the meaning and more about the purpose!

It is a means to advertise your preference (for Black men) to a prospective lifestyle playmate.
Some have suggested to put it in a place where it can easily be flashed to a man of your choice but at the same time easily be hidden from view by those people you have no interest in. (Like, on the back of your neck or behind an ear, for instance, where you can wipe your hair to the side to make it be seen whenever you like.) - Other Women prefer to show it more openly as a statement what lifestyle they belong to. (On their outer ankle, for instance, where they can also wear a matching anklet along with it.)

If you have further questions, you are welcome to ask. ;)

No, i don't think so. It has become increasingly well-known throughout the last decade, but those who actually ink it are still rather rare. Today also temporary tatts are available from many different sources. - Also something to consider... there is a bit of confusion about its "real" meaning. *lol*

But ImO it should be less about the meaning and more about the purpose!

It is a means to advertise your preference (for Black men) to a prospective lifestyle playmate.
Some have suggested to put it in a place where it can easily be flashed to a man of your choice but at the same time easily be hidden from view by those people you have no interest in. (Like, on the back of your neck or behind an ear, for instance, where you can wipe your hair to the side to make it be seen whenever you like.) - Other Women prefer to show it more openly as a statement what lifestyle they belong to. (On their outer ankle, for instance, where they can also wear a matching anklet along with it.)

If you have further questions, you are welcome to ask. ;)
Thank you for explaining it! I guess temporary tats are more convenient.

Back