Nfl 2015 season

@MacNfries would you have expected this from the panthers at the start of the season?
.....No ... "undefeated" wasn't and still isn't an expectation for the Panthers. Winning their conference and ultimately being in the Superbowl is, however. Cam is only now realizing his abilities as a "total" 3-way QB. If he can remain unhurt, he's going to accomplish a lot in the NFL before he's done.
.....I expect the Panthers to remain undefeated after the Washington game, Sunday. It could be a close game, however, less than 12 points. Panthers have some majorly hard "away" games coming up, however. I expect them to split with Atlanta, and possibly could lose at Dallas next week. Romo is playing with a delicate collarbone, however, and Romo should expect to get a few hard hits from the Panther defense; it could possibly result in his finishing his season on the bench. Hope that doesn't happen; I prefer seeing the Panthers beat a team at their best as it only strengthens the Panthers that way.

Last edited:
Cowboys vs Panthers on Thanksgiving Day
It wasn't surprising to see Romo work his comeback magic on the Dolphins, Sunday. Owner J. Jones and Cowboys fans aren't use to having this kind of a losing season. This could be a real test of perseverance for the Panthers. The Cowboys, with Romo, are way, way better than their 3-7 record reflects. I expect the Panthers to have all they can handle through much of this game, but their tough defense should take over in the 4th quarter. If Romo takes a couple hard sacks (Panthers "D" had 5 sacks, caused 5 fumbles, and 5 takeaways vs the Skins, Sunday), as I expect him to take, his fragile collarbone may spell doom for the Cow Punchers this week. The Panthers, at 10-0, are wearing a big target, but I think they'll be 11-0 by the end of the day.
gif_FOOTBALL5.gif
pic_Panthers&Cowboys.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I can't predict 'em much closer than this past week. I suspected Tony Romos might go down; Jerry Jones & fans pushed him into playing 2-3 weeks earlier than he should have. Now, he's lost for the season. When the Panther's star linebacker got a concussion early in the season, the Panthers sat him out for a month ... "winning & losing" isn't everything. People values go beyond the W-L's.
I didn't expect the Panther defense to score 2 defensive touchdowns, but then they needed them since the offense was so sluggish. The Panthers are strong in practically every area of the game right now ... and Cam sets new records every time he suits up ... only needs 5 personal touchdowns to have the most touchdowns scored by a QB in the NFL ... this might happen this year.
On to New Orleans ... Panthers should be 12-0 after next Sunday, but a date with the Falcons, their old nemesis, is approaching.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I seem to gloat a bit with these Panthers, but, I've been a Panthers fan since their inception. Also, I'm a true believer of the triple option type QBs who can run, hand off, or pass the football, equally effective, so obviously, I believe in the Cam Newton type QBs. Cam Newton is tough as nails ... he's tall, he's built well, and he's talented ... toss in the total commitment he's shown to this Panther team and I believe he's taking the Panthers to the Super Bowl this year. Winning it, I'm still not 100% able to see that far ahead.

Anyways, here we are, Panthers at 11-0 and the ONLY team in the NFL remaining undefeated. Since I follow the Panthers day-to-day I can say that this specific Panther team is well balanced & healthy, both offensively and defensively. The defense continues to astound me each week ... great cornerbacks, great linebackers, great defensive line ... all competing with each other to be the leaders of their specific positions on the field. This certainly takes the pressure OFF the offense, which really doesn't need it. Cam is breaking QB records (team & NFL) weekly now, and he continually confirms that the Panther's goal THIS year is to win the Super Bowl ... that kind of attitude flows all through the Panther's organization. Will they remain undefeated? I don't think they will, because if and when they secure the playoff path through Charlotte, they'll likely rest & protect the health of the primary players. That's the Jerry Richardson (old Baltimore Colts) way of thinking ... they are after the Super Bowl, period!

So, what's UP for this Sunday's match with the New Orleans Saints! The Saints are where the Panthers were 2 years ago ... feeling down and sorry for themselves. Drew Brees is still a top QB but he doesn't have the same team of past years .... no running or long range passing game + the offensive line continues breaking down time after time.

Panthers will reach 12-0 as they dismantle the Saints. Drew Bree's in for another frustrating afternoon.

Prediction: Panthers 37 - Saints 27

Last edited:
I hope panthers do it to but am enjoying Seahawks resurgence and Russell's emergence as a pocket passer ...

I hope panthers do it to but am enjoying Seahawks resurgence and Russell's emergence as a pocket passer ...

The Seahawks are well positioned for a wild card, as it really boils down to them, Minnesota, and Atlanta as having realistic shots at getting a wild card, and Atlanta is hemorrhaging badly.

And I'll be rooting hard for the Panthers, as I despise the Giants and a Giant loss helps the Eagles.
....Thanks, bm .... I don't think the Panthers are going to make it through the regular season without a loss, and unfortunately I'm thinking this is the game (at NY next week) that they're going to lose a close one ... 4-6 points.
I'd just as soon get the loss over with, seeing what happened to Patriots when they lost their first one and the Seahawks; I'm thinking they'll wrap up the playoff bye and home field advantage this Sunday against the Falcons, and be primed at NY for the loss.
pic_MacNfries-signature.jpg

Last edited:
Giants showed up in the second half. Terrible loss. Panthers gonna be tough
Fellow 'Skins sufferers should know by now that the team is like Charlie Brown kicking the football: Lucy's always gonna yank the ball away anytime there's a hint of progress . . . Maybe the new GM can turn it around (there has been just a little progress) but it's gonna take years.

This particular Carolina Panthers team is very unique, and the offense/defense well bonded. Cam Newton says he's finding his added motivation and fun in the game, this year, from giving out the touchdown footballs to all the *******. "What Ever Works!"
The Panthers should be 13-0 after this one.
prediction_Panthers&Falcons.jpg

Last edited:
wow ... Panthers kicking ass today ... 38-0. The Atlanta Falcons had not been held scoreless in over 11 years. That last goal line stand by the Panthers sure showed their tenacity. These guys are for real, for sure!
Now, if only they can get by the Giants next Sunday and wrap up the home field advantage to the Superbowl ... that would be nice.

Last edited:
wow ... Panthers kicking ass today ... 38-0. The Atlanta Falcons had not been held scoreless in over 11 years. That last goal line stand by the Panthers sure showed their tenacity. These guys are for real, for sure!
Now, if only they can get by the Giants next Sunday and wrap up the home field advantage to the Superbowl ... that would be nice.

The Panthers play the Falcons again so we know that Carolina will win at least one more game.

Back