Jamaica again !!! Beware !!!

I think that the government issues way too many travel advisories without enough significant information so that you could make a decision that fits your situation.

I only quicky read the article but as I recall it was something about 4 murders. That happens virtually every day in the US. I'm guessing those murders were in Kingston. If you are planning your vacation at Hedonism in Negril, why would you cancel a trip to Jamaica because a few gangbangers got killed?

Just the fact that there is an advisory does not mean you would be anywhere near danger.

I think that the government issues way too many travel advisories without enough significant information so that you could make a decision that fits your situation.

I only quicky read the article but as I recall it was something about 4 murders. That happens virtually every day in the US. I'm guessing those murders were in Kingston. If you are planning your vacation at Hedonism in Negril, why would you cancel a trip to Jamaica because a few gangbangers got killed?

Just the fact that there is an advisory does not mean you would be anywhere near danger.
u sound very ignorant or misinformed..yes united states as in any country has his crime issues ..that is not the topic...our state dept, is suppose to protect its citizens when travelling...i have posted this issue multiple times..JAMAICA HAS BEAUTIFUL BEACHES AND RESORTS..BUT IS STILL OVERALL ******* HOLE!!!!...when people pay to go on well earned vacation , especially too a country with little exports to sustain itself, TOURISM IS ITS., main source of revenue...so when americans, travel, and stay in 'gated' resorts,,and are raped murdered robbed on the 'gated 'resorts' properties..no one ever prosecuted or sent to u s for prosecution..shows jamaica should be off limits till its corruption govt is corrected..white tourist in kinks town..take lives in their hands..freaking ******* lords own the govt..so its a ******* hole as i stated before

I normally tend to agree with your postings however, I think you missed it this time. I urge you to read the advisory and not the news article and I think you will happen a different opinion on the warning.

u sound very ignorant or misinformed..yes united states as in any country has his crime issues ..that is not the topic...our state dept, is suppose to protect its citizens when travelling...i have posted this issue multiple times..JAMAICA HAS BEAUTIFUL BEACHES AND RESORTS..BUT IS STILL OVERALL ******* HOLE!!!!...when people pay to go on well earned vacation , especially too a country with little exports to sustain itself, TOURISM IS ITS., main source of revenue...so when americans, travel, and stay in 'gated' resorts,,and are raped murdered robbed on the 'gated 'resorts' properties..no one ever prosecuted or sent to u s for prosecution..shows jamaica should be off limits till its corruption govt is corrected..white tourist in kinks town..take lives in their hands..freaking ******* lords own the govt..so its a ******* hole as i stated before
I agree with the gist of your post although not in its entirety !!!
I equate it to a hurricane warning in that some will listen and head to safer places and some won’t. Because you choose to stay and survive doesn’t mean a hurricane isn’t bad !!!

I will add that there are many places in the Caribbean that you can have the same fun and excitement without the risks associated with traveling to Jamaica and the Bahamas at the moment.

I read the article again.
Wow, so I'm ignorant and misinformed? I've been to Jamaica over 30 times. Over the years I've spent almost a year in Jamaica. I've mostly stayed at Hedonism, but I've also stayed at resorts in Montego Bay and Negril. My husband and I have walked around neighborhoods even at night with no problems. My husband and I have literally traveled all over the world. The only nation I was a little uncomfortable was in some cities in South Africa and Namibia. I have lots of first hand travel experience, do you?

I did read the warning again. I didn't see any specifics. All it said was there were a few murders. Obviously Kingston has some violet gangs. How many Americans would ever think of going in vacation to Kingston? Most are going to resorts that are very save. Many Jamaican towns have a very effective neighborhood watch. There is literally no crime. I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that criminals who steal or hurt people are take a few miles out into the sea to see if they can swim back! That is a serious deterrent!

Jamaica is a different culture. They don't depend on Supermarkets. They have gardens, goats, and chickens. The biggest difference is that they share. If your breadfruit tree doesn't have fruit and your neighbors does, they share with you, and you share with them.

When you travel internationally, it's wise to do a little research about where to go and where not to go. If we had such a list in the US we would have to advise not to go to Walmart, a school, church, big music venue. I think it's also important not to look like a confused tourist. That where the advanced research comes in. Look confident, don't flash a lot of cash or jewelry.

I do understand that a lot of paranoid people in this country. The name of the game is Fear! You miss out on life's greatest adventures because you are afraid to go outside. I've lived life to the fullest and have no regrets.

Go once or twice a year to Jamaica since 2019. We go all over the island with wife’s friend and always a great time hanging with him and locals.

You guys need to stop worrying about going to a shiit hole like Jamaica and go someplace truly beautiful like the South Pacific. SMH

I

Probably one of the dumbest posts of 2024 so far. Completely different vacation locations, experiences and price points.
I’m sorry, but I don’t like to cheap out with safety. And I’m pretty sure most wives don’t either. I have known far too many couples that had negative experiences in Jamaica, all due to crime or excessive peddling.

Not to mention if you stay in a country that’s so dangerous that the only safe place is is in some cheesy resort that’s basically fenced off like a carnival cruise line stop 😂. What’s the point? Just fuck bbcs in a hotel in the United States.

I’m sorry, but I don’t like to cheap out with safety. And I’m pretty sure most wives don’t either. I have known far too many couples that had negative experiences in Jamaica, all due to crime or excessive peddling.

Not to mention if you stay in a country that’s so dangerous that the only safe place is is in some cheesy resort that’s basically fenced off like a carnival cruise line stop 😂. What’s the point? Just fuck bbcs in a hotel in the United States.

Firstly, there is a lot more to Jamaica than BBC. The locals have a unique charm and vibe even when comparing them to other Caribbean locals. The difference in cost between the Caribbean and South Pacific is substantial not to mention the far greater travel time required. From the east coast of the US it is a 3-4 hour flight to Jamaica whereas somewhere like Bora Bora would involve 20-hour trip, so it's not really viable for a 5 to 7 day vacation. A good hotel and flights for two costs around $5,000-$6,000 for a week in Jamaica and $11,000-$12,000 for Bora Bora. Plus, for those looking for BBC they are looking for men of African ancestry, which you don't really find in the South Pacific.

Last edited:
Go once or twice a year to Jamaica since 2019. We go all over the island with wife’s friend and always a great time hanging with him and locals.
Yes, I'm not sure why this is a big surprise to some on here. Jamaica for the most part is a huge ******* hole in regards to safety. I have had several acquaintances over the years that are from Kingston and other parts of the Jamaica and they all expressed the same thing.

Yes, I'm not sure why this is a big surprise to some on here. Jamaica for the most part is a huge ******* hole in regards to safety. I have had several acquaintances over the years that are from Kingston and other parts of the Jamaica and they all expressed the same thing.
Honestly first few times I was worried stopping at spots on the side of the road. Pelican bar where you take a row boat to get to. Never once did we feel disrespected or in any type of danger. They offer you anything you want and yes wife gets plenty of offers for a good time. You just let them know what you want or don’t want and they respect that. Especially when we are with our friend out in local spots they treat us like one of their own.plus he lets them know that wife is with him but lets them know not to disrespect me by talking to her.

Just returned from Jamaica and had zero issues although we did not leave the resort by land other than to and from the airport. Tours on the water were fun, the resort was amazing, the staff were very friendly and yes I found myself 2 BBC over the course of a week!!! a 10 out of 10 experience in Jamaica- Montego Bay!
Well said 👏🏿

The stats speak for themselves.
Lol you might not know the half of it

People on here talking about being informed and misinformation. And even more who want you to travel to foreign places to have sex with strangers.

Here's a name you hear around here alot .make you wonder why this page always have some account on here always trying to promote that going to these places would be the best moment of your life ..BTW the last video is from 5 years ago. The ones about hiv are almost 15 years old ..clearly these problems are not new

Thank you for highlighting that as I wasn’t going to belabor the post as its intent was to inform however, I am friends with several Jamaicans also in the US and Canada and they all say the same thing. While they love their country, they are deathly afraid to go back because they get targeted the min they land !! Crime is rampant ( this statement if from ex police officers and ex members of the JDF) and while the upper level brass may be trying to address the negative publicity, the lower level ones are more and more about financial gain. Roadblocks and shakedowns are common and you have to pay up or you just might be jailed for something to ensure you do.
Regarding all inclusive and lifestyle resorts, it’s not as common because of the efforts by these properties to ensure your safety. If your desire is to just go there and stay without ever exploring the island then it seems you would be fine. With that said, when you have security officers allegedly committing rapes of guest and management turning a blind eye (it’s always your fault or it simply didn’t happen) then you can’t help but heed the warnings of the State Dept. If they didn’t do so and something happens, first response will be “why didn’t you tell us, you failed us” and when they do and you heed that warning, then the result is on you.
As I mentioned before, there are so many other islands that lend itself to the same exciting and lust filled experiences that Jamaica and the Bahamas offer without the threat to the level described for your personal safety. To each his or her own but I am going elsewhere until the advisory is rescinded!!

Back