Jamaica again !!! Beware !!!

I would like to know the real truth about this article.

I've been there a couple times while this was active, no issues at all. We stay at an AI and don't leave anyway. They have roadblocks along the way but taxies go right through

Jamaica has a lot of poverty. Just like every American city with a lot of poverty there is crime as people are trying to survive. Young men are ****** to join gangs or their entire family would be killed. Kingston has always had a reputation for gang violence. However, most of Jamaica is very safe. Some of the towns have no crime as their neighborhood watch programs are very effective. When you travel you have to be aware of your surroundings. There are parts of many cities that you simply don't want to venture blindly into. I love New Orleans, but there are neighborhoods where it's not wise to venture into. There is no need for fear and paranoia. Just don't do Stupid stuff and you'll likely be fine. The US is actually more dangerous in my opinion. In this country you never know when some guy with a gun is going to walk in and start shooting people he doesn't even know. It's not about money. He just wants to ******* people.

Jamaica has always been a bit shady and its always in the top 5 danger travel destinations. There have been advisories and recommendations to stay inside the resorts for decades.
again the country with the highest homicide in the world on the 10 THE US I way above Jamaica do your research , there is no mass killing everymonth in Jamaica or drive by shouting

Jamaica has a lot of poverty. Just like every American city with a lot of poverty there is crime as people are trying to survive. Young men are ****** to join gangs or their entire family would be killed. Kingston has always had a reputation for gang violence. However, most of Jamaica is very safe. Some of the towns have no crime as their neighborhood watch programs are very effective. When you travel you have to be aware of your surroundings. There are parts of many cities that you simply don't want to venture blindly into. I love New Orleans, but there are neighborhoods where it's not wise to venture into. There is no need for fear and paranoia. Just don't do Stupid stuff and you'll likely be fine. The US is actually more dangerous in my opinion. In this country you never know when some guy with a gun is going to walk in and start shooting people he doesn't even know. It's not about money. He just wants to ******* peopl

The Jamaica government have declared a state of emergency, and numerous state departments have issued warnings. There are plenty of tourist areas on the list.

Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.

Reconsider travel to Jamaica due to crime. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do Not Travel to:

• The below-listed areas of Clarendon Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of Hanover Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of Kingston and St. Andrew Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of Montego Bay due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of St. Ann Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of St. Catherine Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed areas of St. James Parish due to crime.
  • The below-listed area of Westmoreland Parish due to crime.

8CF700E2-07FB-4954-AB7B-2F9090985BBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Gun ownership in Jamaica ? Where’s most of these killings in the United States and by what weapons mainly illegal ? Our open border crime inner city crime ? Mmm what’s Jamaica border policy ? Over 400 million guns in America to even compare the two again common sense per capita 🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah like our government has great statistics on 👍 and many independent reviews from data banks ? All screwed to fit a narrative completely stupid to compare pick Australia oh now dealing with thousands of knife murders ? Use their per capita 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m out of this conversation

The travel advisory isn’t even about homicides or gun violence. Another uneducated dummy introduced homicides into the thread.

There are many agency gathering statistics globally. Jamaica has a real problem right now and its never been a particularly safe place outside of the resorts.

The thread is about Jamaica, some folks need to learn to stay on topic. If you want to interject other countries it needs to be done with context. For instance the homicide rate is 49 higher in Jamaica than Australia. Or the homicide rate is 7 times higher in Jamaica than the US.

Travel advisory are issued when there is risk to travelers. It doesn’t mean the risk of ******* specifically.

Last edited:
What many tourist fail to understand is that y'all are more safer here than the locals.

Secondly..umm violence is everywhere not just Jamaica... Where I live has no crime...I don't have to lock my doors. So you can't blanket the entire island as VIOLENT... And it's because of that y'all don't see the beauty of the island. Being locked up in a hotel isn't fun... It's BORING compared to what the rest of the island has to offer.

Just don't be naive or foolish and don't present yourself as a 'sitting target' and you'll be safe.

I would like to know the real truth about this article.
The real thruth is that there is crime there as it is everywhere, luckily over there it is less random than it is here in the US ie: drive by and mass shootings over there it is more gang related, the next truth is get yourself a better News source I would not rely on Fox News.

Have been to Jamaica twice a number of years ago. First times stayed at Sandals near Montego Bay (mistake). Took a cab into Montego Bay with a British couple. Locals attempted to scam us every 10 feet we walked and were very aggressive about it. Definitely did not feel safe and it was very dirty. We found the British couple after about 45 minutes and decided we all were going back to the resort. Second trip was to Hedo. Didn't leave the resort except on some group excursions. It was a good trip. ******* are prevalent. The driver of our bus taking us to Hedo was making drop offs along the way and pointing out where key ******* dealers lived in large houses on hill tops. We were seated just behind him. On both trips locals in boats would float right off the beach to sell *******. It was a beautiful island. We would go again...just wouldn't leave the resort except on the group tours that are offered.

Have been to Jamaica twice a number of years ago. First times stayed at Sandals near Montego Bay (mistake). Took a cab into Montego Bay with a British couple. Locals attempted to scam us every 10 feet we walked and were very aggressive about it. Definitely did not feel safe and it was very dirty. We found the British couple after about 45 minutes and decided we all were going back to the resort. Second trip was to Hedo. Didn't leave the resort except on some group excursions. It was a good trip. ******* are prevalent. The driver of our bus taking us to Hedo was making drop offs along the way and pointing out where key ******* dealers lived in large houses on hill tops. We were seated just behind him. On both trips locals in boats would float right off the beach to sell *******. It was a beautiful island. We would go again...just wouldn't leave the resort except on the group tours that are offered.

Sorry you had to go through that on your 1st... Definitely gave a bad impression. You should visit more often.... I'd love to meet you on your next trip.Give you an authentic Jamaican experience...BBC style 😘

Just returned from Jamaica and had zero issues although we did not leave the resort by land other than to and from the airport. Tours on the water were fun, the resort was amazing, the staff were very friendly and yes I found myself 2 BBC over the course of a week!!! a 10 out of 10 experience in Jamaica- Montego Bay!

Back