Is it weird to pay 51.99 a month for a gym nembership?

The gripe I have about gym memberships is they sell you on this extended package deal, you accept, then they go out of business and another name comes into the picture saying they'll honor a fraction of the deal you just bought. Also, the gym's got to be conveniently nearby for you to utilize frequently ... driving 5-10 miles one-way doesn't seem like a pain, but it becomes just that because its time consuming.
Other than those peeves, I think gym memberships are useful as you get to use ALL the facilities (saunas, pool, training equipment, handball courts, instructors) and meet people who have basically the same goal in mind ... tone body & meeting other people. Maybe you just need to meet a few people that have the same ambitions as you. Also, mix in a couple days of running (2-3 miles) to cut the monotony.
I imagine females are there for the same purpose as you ... to get in shape and meet people. Now's the wrong time to be quitting your membership, however, as New Years is when everyone joins gyms & goes on diets ... you should be IN SHAPE waiting on them in January to arrive ... lots of desperate housewives willing to do anything to get male attention that time of year.
Hang in there another few months and exercise while you're waiting ... my wife loves 6-pak abs and pretty, straight white teeth .... I imagine she's not much different than other ladies.
pic_nickelsworth.jpg

Last edited:
I belong to “Any Time Fitness” best thing i did.
I work shift work so i go after work whether it is eight am or eight pm.
The hardest thing to do was go for thirty days to make it a habit.
Have two different groups that i meet.
The morning group are the soccer moms and the retired people.
The evening group are the fitness moms and the jocks.
I don’t fit into either group which suits me fine.
I do my sixty minutes shower and head home.

Back