I AM NOT A BBC - I HAVE A BBC

All comes down to Culture. Which some black men don't know their own.
I'm not so sure this is true--that there is a a "Black" culture that is "their own." The belief that Black people are one group is actually a Western notion ****** on us by slavery. Race is actually a very poor indicator of culture.

For example, most Asians don't consider themselves one people. They consider themselves Japanese, Chinese, Philippine, Korean, etc. Likewise, most Latinos also don't consider themselves one people either. They consider themselves Mexicans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, etc. Whites from European countries do not consider themselves one people and Blacks from the Continent of Africa also don't consider themselves one people either.

The diverse viewpoint Blacks in America hold today may not be due to not knowing our own culture. Rather, our own diversity may reflect the reality that skin color isn't a cohesive enough element to bind people together. It may be that with the loosening of restrictions on Black people since the end of slavery and subsequent civil rights extended to Black people, skin color cannot bind 47 million people together.

I'm not so sure this is true--that there is a a "Black" culture that is "their own." The belief that Black people are one group is actually a Western notion ****** on us by slavery. Race is actually a very poor indicator of culture.

For example, most Asians don't consider themselves one people. They consider themselves Japanese, Chinese, Philippine, Korean, etc. Likewise, most Latinos also don't consider themselves one people either. They consider themselves Mexicans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, etc. Whites from European countries do not consider themselves one people and Blacks from the Continent of Africa also don't consider themselves one people either.

The diverse viewpoint Blacks in America hold today may not be due to not knowing our own culture. Rather, our own diversity may reflect the reality that skin color isn't a cohesive enough element to bind people together. It may be that with the loosening of restrictions on Black people since the end of slavery and subsequent civil rights extended to Black people, skin color cannot bind 47 million people together.
1983.jpg

You quoted my message and replied by posting a photo of a painting depicting what appears to be a Black male in attire that is not contemporary. However, the photo has no description and you offered no explanation of why you submitted this image. (I have subsequently discovered the photo is titled "Portrait of an African Man" and was painted by an artist named Jan Mostaert. The portrait is believed have been painted at around 1525-1530.) Although I have identified the image, its painter, and the time it was created, I don't understand the point you were trying to make. Please explain.

I get what you're saying, but I dont think it really applies when your in the lifestyle... cause you choose to be in the lifestyle. Being called a BBC is an honor to me.... no its different if you are dating someone and they call you that. IDK it just doesnt bother me that much at all, and not alot of women or couples use it in the context that you speak of from my own experience. They could be calling you something much worse like the N-word, or a monkey....etc IDK man... if it bothers you that much, might not be the thing for you. IDK Hope it gets better for you either way.

I get what you're saying, but I dont think it really applies when your in the lifestyle... cause you choose to be in the lifestyle. Being called a BBC is an honor to me.... no its different if you are dating someone and they call you that. IDK it just doesnt bother me that much at all, and not alot of women or couples use it in the context that you speak of from my own experience. They could be calling you something much worse like the N-word, or a monkey....etc IDK man... if it bothers you that much, might not be the thing for you. IDK Hope it gets better for you either way.
Not African. And that's the problem. We are not African. No sense of culture. He was a so called black man. Negro... Negroid to be exact. Last he was a Tudor...

💯 bro, I even have this on my profile. I’ve even considered walking away from the lifestyle because of it. I’m a veteran with a bachelors degree and good job, I’m more than a BBC. Thanks for putting this out there bro
There are turds in every punch bowl unfortunately. I always treat my wife’s lovers with nothing but respect and dignity. We are all human beings.

Back