How to really tell if they are real or just online fakes ?

As many have stated only speak to verified members. And then if it eventuates — Ask to Snapchat/FaceTime/Skype. If she doesn’t feel comfortable showing her face then it doesn’t necessarily mean she’s not real, but get her to take a specific and obscure picture just for you — For example, holding a spoon next to her thigh. Sounds odd, but it works!

As many have stated only speak to verified members. And then if it eventuates — Ask to Snapchat/FaceTime/Skype. If she doesn’t feel comfortable showing her face then it doesn’t necessarily mean she’s not real, but get her to take a specific and obscure picture just for you — For example, holding a spoon next to her thigh. Sounds odd, but it works!
i see that only speaking with verified members will increase your own chances, as you do have that "Real Person" status. But if a person goes live on video chat or sends that "obscure picture" without being verified here, won`t that be proof of their identity anyway?

(...)

We have a theory. Some of what comes across as wasting someone’s time is actually the “getting to know you” period. Some folks like to get to know who they might be meeting up with. (...)
Very true.

One question that helps sensor the "fakes" would be: Do they act like it is to be expected according to their self presentation? Anyone who switches to the "What are you going to do to me?" before asking for location info is probably not interested in a real meeting. ;)

I’ve had a steady bull for three years. I come here to read and see if there are new like minded individuals in my area. It’s not that serious for me. I’m in Memphis, TN where it is predominantly black and I have more curves than a country back road. It’s not difficult. I was just making the point.
Same here I only got verified because of people suggesting it but I meet people in real life not off the internet (fantasyland)

Back