Hospital Workers

We are at a very serious crossroads in our lifestyle because we are faced with the decision to NOT play again until there is a vaccine available for this Covid19. My wife works in an industry where she is helping and caring for patients that are positive for the virus which puts both of us at risk for getting the virus and in fact I myself already faced my battle with that wicked disease. We don't believe that it is morally right to have playdates for her knowing the risk that we both and especially her might have in passing it along to a play partner of hers. Now she only has 1 person she has met with over the past few years however this year we were planning on meeting other BBC for her up until this thing shook the world. Does anyone else that works in the medical industry and specifically hospital or nursing homes face the same situation?

Yes. She's considering a black co-worker as her place of work has good testing. But, that carries career risks for both. Thoughts?

Does anyone else that works in the medical industry and specifically hospital or nursing homes face the same situation?
My wife works in the administration end of the largest hospital chain in the state. What they're doing is going to a port/starboard work week ... half work 8 hours, then the other half work 8 hours, to thin out exposure. With a one hour break between shifts, janitorial comes in and wipes down doors, bathrooms, etc. Still, she comes IN after work, takes her top clothing off in the garage, sticks them in the washer, then goes and showers. So far no one in her office of about 60 people have gotten sick. But, again, they don't work directly with the patients.
The toughest part, right now, is eating our 16 year old *******'s cooking ... lol

My wife works in the administration end of the largest hospital chain in the state. What they're doing is going to a port/starboard work week ... half work 8 hours, then the other half work 8 hours, to thin out exposure. With a one hour break between shifts, janitorial comes in and wipes down doors, bathrooms, etc. Still, she comes IN after work, takes her top clothing off in the garage, sticks them in the washer, then goes and showers. So far no one in her office of about 60 people have gotten sick. But, again, they don't work directly with the patients.
The toughest part, right now, is eating our 16 year old *******'s cooking ... lol
Still, great learning for her. A lot of ******* are learning great life skills at the moment - stuff they don't really learn in school. Plus, my partner is a senior school leader and she is seeing and of the best work she's ever seen coming out of the *******.

This didn't age well. I know several people that were nurses on the covid floor and they didn't fear monger. They talked about how many people that were actually at risk were recovering from the virus just fine.

This didn't age well. I know several people that were nurses on the covid floor and they didn't fear monger. They talked about how many people that were actually at risk were recovering from the virus just fine.
And yet my wife caught COVID at the same time as me in November 2020 and she still hasn't fully recovered, with her symptoms returning if she has to work long hours. She was initially unable to work full time for nearly a year, with her long COVID symptoms resembling chronic fatigue syndrome.

Back