Ever see a white wife/gf give birth to black man's baby?

Yeah, twice actually.

The first one was born at 42 weeks. Really afraid we were going to have to induce, but still wound up having a natural childbirth and I got to cut the umbilical cord! Nearly 24 hours of labor all told since the amniotic sac never broke on its own and she was hesitant to have it punctured, but otherwise everything went well. 20 inches, 7lbs, 8oz.

The second one was definitely more complicated. Her water broke early, so she wound up in the antepartum wing of the hospital and on bedrest prior to the birth. Kind of a drag, especially over the holidays and with a toddler at that point. Really easy to get stir crazy on bedrest, but some friends came over and taught her how to knit which was kind of cool. Poor kiddo was born early enough that he wound up spending his first few weeks in the NICU. Also a really sad place to spend the holidays with all the babies on life support and occasionally dying, but I definitely wound up with a tremendous amount of respect for NICU nurses and doctors.

Fortunately the kid did really well and eventually caught up on the height and weight charts with no signs of complications. It was quite a relief to stop worrying about it at pediatric checkups.

But yeah, childbirth is definitely an amazing thing. Much respect to all those white wives or girlfriends who have a husband or boyfriend and give birth to a bull's or black lover's baby.

If you're interested in childbirth, you should sign up for a birthing class sometime. They'll be able to answer your questions about the process way better than I could and the videos are like driver's ed classes all over again except with babies shooting out of vaginas instead of ******* drivers wrapped around telephone poles. Highly recommended.

Thanks for asking!

Back