Did you serve in Korea?

mykoreanwife

Couple
Gold Member
Looking for guys who served in Korea. I understand there were some segregated bars/clubs in some of the military areas and some of the girls worked in BBC only clubs at the time. Anyone know anything about this? Trying to figure out if this is where my wife got her interest

(

Last edited:
I guess it depends on when you were there. But it seems there were some clubs who played different music and had different clientele

Glad no one here served btw '50-'53. I do wonder if any black clubs existed then as the troops were integrated in '48

There were segregated clubs . The clubs were served by Korean Women. In the Vietnam war, this separation existed as well. My ******* is a Korean War Vet and he remembers this. As far as Vietnam, an African American friend of mine, is not sure if it was a rule or by choice. Especially in Saigon. And these were served by Vietnamese women. There was a very notable increase, during that time, of IV ******* use.
Unfortunately I do not know about the women that served in those positions.
Looking for guys who served in Korea. I understand there were some segregated bars/clubs in some of the military areas and some of the girls worked in BBC only clubs at the time. Anyone know anything about this? Trying to figure out if this is where my wife got her interest

(

(
A little off topic, but asks serious questions about a military defending the "free World" from the Red Army that smashed the 3rd Reich. I'm of Scottish descent and when my Dad's Regiment , The Black Watch were disembarked in Korea American military band was playing Louisiana style blues , some Officer had seen the name of Regiment and assumed the British Army was segregated too. Must have really clashed with Scotland the Brave or Highland Laddie being played on bagpipes 🤣

I guess it depends on when you were there. But it seems there were some clubs who played different music and had different clientele
Aren't clubs like that the World over? They exist to empty our wallets 1st and foremost, so it pays to have a target clientele, as a Guinness drinker there's Irish clubs in virtually every city I've been to.

(
Military guys in general

I was stationed in Pohang 1980-1981 there were no clubs there but the Yobos dated who ever kept them for the year black or white, the village girls took all comers.

(

I work with a very sweet Korean girl who is married to a black guy in the army. We never really talked about that but she has mentioned that some clubs were more popular with different people depending on the kind of music they played but that there was always a mixed group. I never really thought about it that much, she said she was a waitress at a club that is how she met her husband.

Back