College football venues

what's funny about that game......a lot of Okl people crying the blues today
things were fine when Stoops was the coach...went downhill when he made his brother the def coord
team still good but stumbled on occasion
Stoops brother leaves to take a coaching job....stoops gets a new def coord
stoops brother fails at coaching and returns to okl
the def coord finds out stoops brother is returning and decides to leave
where does he go?.....you guessed it..Clemson
Bob Stoops vs. Pete Carrol
29262064_1696697723703040_6347680311602104642_n copy 2.jpg

I wouldn't count out seeing an Ivy League game, especially one of the more prestigious games.
I've had the luck of seeing a couple Ivy League games and what I found was real student athletes playing the game for the spirit of the game and "fun" every single game. No scholarships to players. No post Bowl Games. Totally different atmosphere and the fans are outstanding on both sides. Its like watching an Army-Navy game.
Some of the stadiums still have wooden bleachers. And the smell of popcorn ... just awesome.
If you could catch a Harvard-Yale game (which is traditionally both's last game of the season) I'm sure you'd love it. I've always wanted to attend that game.
I got to see a Brown & Princeston game and a Boston University & Dartmouth game ... both were awesome.

Yale football captured their 17th Ivy title in University history in 2022. The game came down to the final minute, and Yale (8ā€“2, 6ā€“1 Ivy) defeated Harvard University (6ā€“4, 4ā€“3 Ivy) by a score of 19ā€“14. The win was made sweeter by news that the University of Pennsylvania defeated Princeton University on a last-second touchdown, breaking a league tie between Yale & Princeton, and making Yale the sole champions of the Ivy League.

Last edited:
College Basketball Power Rankings: Michigan State reigns, Duke slips, Kentucky vanishes

Welcome to Sporting News' College Basketball Power Rankings.
Well, first of all (Charles Barkley voice), this is not the AP Top 25 poll or an analysis of it. As much as we sought to review each team's resume up to this point, we also sought to project how they might fare, given their history and upcoming schedule, over the course of the next week and beyond.

So, for example, if you're looking for Kentucky, you won't see it listed in our top 25 rankings. What have the Wildcats done other than blow out Louisville and barely beat a sliding Texas A&M squad? (We'll wait.) They have a couple road games this week before they face Florida, and a big road matchup against West Virginia on Jan. 27 to show us who they really are.
And, sure, Duke is seventh in the ACC right now and struggling on defense, but we see that loaded roster turning things around real quick, fast and in a hurry. So, that's reflected in our Power Rankings with the Blue Devils in the top five.
Get it? Good. Let's check out Sporting News' College Basketball Power Rankings.

25. Florida (11-4, 3-0)
24. Florida State (12-4, 1-3)
23. Notre Dame (13-4, 3-1)
22. UCLA (12-4, 3-1) hate the coach...was @ Iowa....but trying to be another Bobby Knight!
21. Gonzaga (14-3, 4-0)
20. Kansas (13-3, 3-1) Like the coach there
19. Clemson (14-1, 3-0)
18. Auburn (15-1, 3-0)
17. North Carolina (13-4, 2-2) Like the coach...another class act!
16. TCU (13-3, 1-3)
15. Cincinnati (14-2, 3-0)
14. Miami (13-2, 2-1) ...state of Fla well represented looks like
13. Arizona State (13-2, 1-2)
12. Xavier (15-3, 3-2)
11. Seton Hall (14-3, 3-1)
10. Wichita State (13-2, 3-0) ...that's a real "shocker" hahahah
9. Arizona
8. Purdue (16-2, 5-0)
7. Texas Tech 14-2 (3-1)
6. Oklahoma (13-2, 3-1)
5. Duke (14-2, 2-2)
4. Virginia (15-1, 4-0)
3. Villanova (15-1, 3-1)
2. West Virginia (15-1, 4-0)
1. Michigan State (16-2, 4-1)

sorry northsb...badgers not there.....you lost a great coach and things just not the same
my Hawks....good coach but just not a great coach

The Big Ten looks like week-old turkey after the ACC exposed it in the conferencesā€™ annual showdown, winning 11 of 14 games.
Michigan State is the Big Tenā€™s saving grace, looking like a Final Four team every time it takes the court. Minnesota has the talent to make some late-season noise. Purdue could be a sleeper. The rest of the conference is a lump of disappointment so far.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...asketball-rankings-20171201-photogallery.html
I thought this was a discussion about College FOOTBALL Venues...???

well first off....if you went back and read....i was just keeping up with the conversation........and i see you went with the football thing in your post above....so why are questioning me

I'm guessing you didn't go back far enough to read....I am NOT an okl fan...my job moved me here
Never said you were an "oki" fan. Just reminding all concerned that this is a College FOOTBALL Venue thread.
Please feel free to start a College BASKETBALL thread if you like. I'm sure many would like to hit up that thread.
Hope no hard feelings. None meant.

well northsb....looks like we are well positioned ...again.....hope for better out come next time

1. Georgia. The defending back-to-back national champions still project as the nation's top team with college football's premier defense and what should be an even better offense after adding wide receivers in the transfer portal.

2. Michigan. Back-to-back Big Ten champs and College Football Playoff semifinalists, the Wolverines have the firepower on offense to make it three straight, especially with both star running backs coming back.

3. Alabama. Much is made of what the Crimson Tide lost, but it still has plenty of skill in the back seven defensively to build with and promising speed at receiver and running back to help whoever wins the quarterback job.

4. Ohio State. Ryan Day has a program-defining decision to make at quarterback, but the pieces around him are some of college football's best, especially at wide receiver.

5. USC. Heisman quarterback Caleb Williams returns armed with elite skill targets all over the field, but the Trojans' hopes hinge on the team's ability to overhaul a defense that cost the team in key postseason games a year ago

6. Florida State. One of college football's potential bracket busters this season, the Seminoles return vital experience at quarterback and defensive end, can still run the ball with confidence, and scored key transfer additions.

7. LSU. Returning production on both sides of the ball plus notable transfer additions should keep the defending SEC West champions in the race all year. Denver Harris steps in at cornerback after moving in from Texas A&M as a former five-star, alongside returners like Maason Smith and Harold Perkins, two of the nation's premier front seven

8. Washington. College football's top passer returns to a Huskies offense that took a huge leap forward last season and also brings back its two 1,000-yard receivers to make a run in the Pac-12.

I see where Ohio St. and Mich St. are ranked in the top ten for toughest schedules this fall...............Mmmmmm

hopefully do better than we did in march madness.....down to NONE!

well northsb....looks like we are well positioned ...again.....hope for better out come next time

1. Georgia. The defending back-to-back national champions still project as the nation's top team with college football's premier defense and what should be an even better offense after adding wide receivers in the transfer portal.

2. Michigan. Back-to-back Big Ten champs and College Football Playoff semifinalists, the Wolverines have the firepower on offense to make it three straight, especially with both star running backs coming back.

3. Alabama. Much is made of what the Crimson Tide lost, but it still has plenty of skill in the back seven defensively to build with and promising speed at receiver and running back to help whoever wins the quarterback job.

4. Ohio State. Ryan Day has a program-defining decision to make at quarterback, but the pieces around him are some of college football's best, especially at wide receiver.

5. USC. Heisman quarterback Caleb Williams returns armed with elite skill targets all over the field, but the Trojans' hopes hinge on the team's ability to overhaul a defense that cost the team in key postseason games a year ago

6. Florida State. One of college football's potential bracket busters this season, the Seminoles return vital experience at quarterback and defensive end, can still run the ball with confidence, and scored key transfer additions.

7. LSU. Returning production on both sides of the ball plus notable transfer additions should keep the defending SEC West champions in the race all year. Denver Harris steps in at cornerback after moving in from Texas A&M as a former five-star, alongside returners like Maason Smith and Harold Perkins, two of the nation's premier front seven

8. Washington. College football's top passer returns to a Huskies offense that took a huge leap forward last season and also brings back its two 1,000-yard receivers to make a run in the Pac-12.

I see where Ohio St. and Mich St. are ranked in the top ten for toughest schedules this fall...............Mmmmmm

hopefully do better than we did in march madness.....down to NONE!
Really curious to see how Wisconsin does with the new coach and an offense that doesn't remind you of the leather helmet days.
I think the Big 10 decided if you can't win it all then just keep adding schools and eventually they will win by default

Really curious to see how Wisconsin does with the new coach and an offense that doesn't remind you of the leather helmet days.
I think the Big 10 decided if you can't win it all then just keep adding schools and eventually they will win by default
I think we do have 5 schools in the top 25....funny Ala over rated!

things getting crazy with the realignment though

I guess I'm getting old, I prefer Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan etc.. Playing USC in the Rose Bowl not in September and October. But nobody cares what I think so I guess just deal with it
got to agree with you.......hate to break tradition........what about Oregan and Washington now in Big10.......do not see that as a good move at all.....but you have all these teams wanting to go where the money is......but I have yet to see why anyone would want to go to Big 12

got to agree with you.......hate to break tradition........what about Oregan and Washington now in Big10.......do not see that as a good move at all.....but you have all these teams wanting to go where the money is......but I have yet to see why anyone would want to go to Big 12
I thought I heard Arizona and Arizona St did. I may be wrong though

I see now Notre dame.....the school that for years wanted to be an independant.....is now crying the blues wanting 2 schools added to thier conferance.....this is getting worse than drawing up voting maps.....******* going to spend several hours traveling and be to worn out to play a good game of football

Realignment latest: ACC to meet again over possible expansion, Notre Dame ā€œpushingā€ for Stanford and Cal​

Last edited:
I think we do have 5 schools in the top 25....funny Ala over rated!

things getting crazy with the realignment though
The money grab is real, ar some point college football needs to split and be its own thing. It is obvious decisions are being made that are result of football.

As usual there is only about 7 teams that can win the National title regardless how big the playoffs get.

I think Iā€™m the long run they will be fine, but it is tough to change philosophy that has been around since I can remember. Great defense great running gameā€¦

The first year will be tough in my opinion. Being in the Big Ten/16 west will help this year

Back