College football venues

Who benefits most from Ohio State loss???

Great game by Purdue!!!
I would say Notre Dame. I had just had surgery when the bowl season started last year so I had nothing to do but watch every one. Watched Purdue beat Arizona and my first thought was they won't be a gimmee for the Badgers any more.

Purdue has great talent at the skill positions and they are young.
Wisconsin is still the class of the Big 10 West. Nebraska has a long way to go, Iowa is good but never great, their coach is getting paid alot. so Purdue is their challenge.

It comes down to Alabama, Clemson Notre Dame, and Michigan. If one of those slip the Big 12 champ is lookin good

Purdue has great talent at the skill positions and they are young.
Wisconsin is still the class of the Big 10 West. Nebraska has a long way to go, Iowa is good but never great, their coach is getting paid alot. so Purdue is their challenge.

It comes down to Alabama, Clemson Notre Dame, and Michigan. If one of those slip the Big 12 champ is lookin good

the Big !2 are you kidding me?
they don't have anyone......Okl? already let texas kick their ass...I don't see anyone in the Big 12 ending the season without 2 loses!

the Big !2 are you kidding me?
they don't have anyone......Okl? already let texas kick their ass...I don't see anyone in the Big 12 ending the season without 2 loses!
oklahoma shouldnt lose again unless it is to Texas, both have West Virgina and oklahoma state left in schedule. If Michigan does not win the Big 10, you will have at best a one lost Big 10 champ. If everything holds to form your one loss teams are Big 10 champ, Big 12 champ, and pac 12 ( only if Washinton State wins out) champ. The only other hope is Georgia, but they would have to beat Alabama.

oklahoma shouldnt lose again unless it is to Texas, both have West Virgina and oklahoma state left in schedule. If Michigan does not win the Big 10, you will have at best a one lost Big 10 champ. If everything holds to form your one loss teams are Big 10 champ, Big 12 champ, and pac 12 ( only if Washinton State wins out) champ. The only other hope is Georgia, but they would have to beat Alabama.

you are forgetting...Okl has to play Okl St....I think there is more for Okl…..but I don't see them escaping the Big 12 without at least 2 losses, maybe 3
the big!2 has been traditionally weak...they had one or to hot years when stoops was new....but that has more than petered out since...like their Rose bowl blow out!

thats alot of faith in Oklahoma state, it is a rivalry game but they cant stop anybody, and its at Oklahoma. Texas Tech may give them some problems,
that rivalry is always a pretty big deal....but even without Okl st...I don't see Okl going the rest of the way undefeated.....poor defense for one!

I think the last I looked..Last week sometime...….the big12 was 4th or 5th in chances of having someone in the nat'l championship
the big 12 is just not what it used to be......texas tech looked good last I saw...and texas was impressive against Okl...who knows...but their glory days have slipped by

Last edited:
thats alot of faith in Oklahoma state, it is a rivalry game but they cant stop anybody, and its at Oklahoma. Texas Tech may give them some problems,
good call on the Texas tech game, almost pulled it off.
The ncaa should pass a rule that big 12 schools have to hire defensive coordinators before they can be eligible for the playoff

good call on the Texas tech game, almost pulled it off.
The ncaa should pass a rule that big 12 schools have to hire defensive coordinators before they can be eligible for the playoff

I'll agree with that statement to a certain extent. However, it's not a lack of qualified DC's in the Big 12- all of these guys are accomplished in their own right- but rather the offensive philosophies adopted by most Big 12 teams. The late, great Tubby Raymond, in his book "The Delaware Wing T: An Order of Football" basically said (and I'm paraphrasing as I no longer have my copy of this awesome book) is that your offensive philosophy will dictate your defensive philosophy. If you run a finesse offense you're going to have a finesse defense. Think about that statement and think about how many finesse offense teams play rock solid defense. You probably won't come up with too many.

Big 10 shooting them selves out of the water...a lot of parody!
right now looks like Michigan the strong team....BUT I don't think they will get past Ohio St.!

looks like part of the final four...whomever that might be will have at least one loss!
hopefully the big 10 is still there
Stoops might break out the tears again and cry his way in.....but don't see them doing much
don't think there will be anyone in Big 12 escape without 2 losses
glad to see Fla take a loss!
so who will knock off Ala?...hopefully it's Mich...still think they will get in with one loss!...that's assuming they don't lose to Ohio St ...if they beat O St.....got to be hard to beat....but it would appear it will be Clemson.....Notre dame looks good...but?????

my thinking out loud!

Last edited:
Big 10 shooting them selves out of the water...a lot of parody!
right now looks like Michigan the strong team....BUT I don't think they will get past Ohio St.!

looks like part of the final four...whomever that might be will have at least one loss!
hopefully the big 10 is still there
Stoops might break out the tears again and cry his way in.....but don't see them doing much
don't think there will be anyone in Big 12 escape without 2 losses
glad to see Fla take a loss!
so who will knock off Ala?...hopefully it's Mich...still think they will get in with one loss!...that's assuming they don't lose to Ohio St ...if they beat O St.....got to be hard to beat....but it would appear it will be Clemson.....Notre dame looks good...but?????

my thinking out loud!

Just my opinion, but if any team can beat Alabama, it's Clemson and only Clemson.

Michigan is playing great football
right now, but a matchup with Alabama is going to look exactly like what we saw Saturday night from LSU- a team that can slow Alabama down a little bit, but won't be able to generate anywhere near enough offense to beat Alabama. Michigan's mostly Pro Style offense is tailor made for Alabama's defense to devour- just like they did to Michigan State in 2015 and Washington in 2016. The same goes for Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.

Clemson has the defense to slow Alabama down and the right kinds of skill players and offensive scheme and philosophy to move the ball and score on Alabama, but it's all going to ride on Trevor Lawrence. If he struggles then Clemson has zero chance.

Just my opinion, but if any team can beat Alabama, it's Clemson and only Clemson.

Michigan is playing great football
right now, but a matchup with Alabama is going to look exactly like what we saw Saturday night from LSU- a team that can slow Alabama down a little bit, but won't be able to generate anywhere near enough offense to beat Alabama. Michigan's mostly Pro Style offense is tailor made for Alabama's defense to devour- just like they did to Michigan State in 2015 and Washington in 2016. The same goes for Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.

Clemson has the defense to slow Alabama down and the right kinds of skill players and offensive scheme and philosophy to move the ball and score on Alabama, but it's all going to ride on Trevor Lawrence. If he struggles then Clemson has zero chance.

Well I will agree it looks like it is Clemson...….but just being a big 10 fan and wanting to see the mich-ala match up...but you are right Mich probably get eaten alive...but right now they look great....but still think they are going to stumble at ohio St...O. St has something to prove now...just reading some of the "experts" opinions on who goes where...and they have Mich in there...Iowa playing Fla...Okl playing Penn state.....not sure where they can get all that this early yet...but interesting reading

Well i agree with the Clemson beging closest to Alabama. In my opinion to beat them you are going to out score them. LSU had right defensive game plan but also had the talent to do it. Man to man on the outside and pressure. Yes Alabama rolled up a lot of yards, but the LSU offense didnt do any favors by not putting up points or at least changing field position. The LSU defense was on the field way to many plays.

To beat Alabama:
limit 3 and outs,
dont settle for field goals,
limit their bigs plays, this Alabama team is not the long 15 play drive type so far
dont turn the ball over
pressure Tua,
create turnovers (easier said then done)
a mobile QB

Well i agree with the Clemson beging closest to Alabama. In my opinion to beat them you are going to out score them. LSU had right defensive game plan but also had the talent to do it. Man to man on the outside and pressure. Yes Alabama rolled up a lot of yards, but the LSU offense didnt do any favors by not putting up points or at least changing field position. The LSU defense was on the field way to many plays.

To beat Alabama:
limit 3 and outs,
dont settle for field goals,
limit their bigs plays, this Alabama team is not the long 15 play drive type so far
dont turn the ball over
pressure Tua,
create turnovers (easier said then done)
a mobile QB

well you are on....Texas-Texas Tech...…..I will take tech to win

got to get something right tonight...my Hawks fell..AGAIN...think that damn qb has been looking at and reading and believing his own press reports...for a while there he was in the top 5 in the country on pass perct and etc...must have read that and think...???..past 3 games if it wasn't for defense we wouldn't be in it!

first 3/4 of that Mich state/ohio st game...thought Mich st was going to pull one out...but the buckeyes came on big at the last...sure didn't look like the power house of the past though

Last edited:
well didn't do worth a ******* on the texas game either....although I think tech lost because of those "space suits" they wear and it just put some kind of fighting fear in texas!

LSU Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, La on a Saturday Night.. It’s unreal. The best tailgating ever also before the game
i agree a night game at LSU is one of the greats to behold. The whole day is an event.

I think another less known or credited place is Morgantown, lots of fun at West Virgina games....

Virginia Tech may have the best entrance in college football

Damn Mich not looking like any kind of play-off contender against 5-5 Indiana!

Okl St wasn't looking good last I saw...but I switched to the big 10 game
OSU needs Okl State to lose so when the time comes for Okl to play W.Vi and providing they win...will make them look better

don't you just love college sports!

Mich pulled one out of their ass!
W.Vir didn't fare so well...so much for Okl hopes of playing a ranked team to help their position
although I still think Okl St will beat Okl

Notre Dame hanging in there....and a few 1 loss wanna-be's...but it looks like it falls to Clemson

and as much as I hate to admit it......out of the one loss wanna-be's…...Okl looks to be the best of them right now...BUT THAT COULD CHANGE!

Back