Anyone Else Missing Craigslist Personals?

Please explain to me what you mean:

You connected with someone on the site, you chatted, then you met up and they were not what you liked?

So I'm trying to figure out what exactly did you chat about and did that include an adequate vetting before you met?
Have you never met anyone who lied about their likes and dislikes? How about whether they said they are respectful and weren’t? You can’t vet that over the phone. We can’t read people’s minds.....

That was the downfall of Craigslist. The prostitutes and the ******* prostitutes. I lived in Atlanta, and used to browse the listings a lot, and you could just tell most of the females listed were looking to get paid. I also understand there was a huge problem in places like Atlanta with ******* girls being sex trafficked on the site.
It's a catch 22. In one breath, by eliminating the personals ads, The intended effort is, you thwart the efforts of ******* *******/******* in general. But on the other hand, it's been probably moved to another site or some other method and now it's harder to catch predators or johns.

I remember a time where there was an ******* section of CL and back then the regular sections were rather clean. Gay male soliticating straight men or harassing couples weren't really a thing. If you wanted a ******, you went to the ******* section, but then I guess that was getting out of control, so they took away the ******* section.

So, all the ******* migrated into the normal section of CL and that was annoying. I would post an ad looking for regular women and ******* would reply with fake sob stories or whatever trying to entice you to pay. Backpage shut down and those people migrated to CL which made it even worse.

I think regulation would have been a better solution. However, if it truly had a dent in ******* and human trafficking, then I support it the closure, but I don't think it did.

Last edited:
I met a lot of white wives on CL.... well not a lot...several.. youd find a lot of white wives new to bbc on there. Doctors, lawyers, judges, entertainers or housewives to the same.
CL was amazing. I had a lot of good experience,s some bad. But I was surprised at the type of people used the services. I thought it would be more like middle america, average next door people. I get a response from a couple and they invite me over. They gave me their address, told me the gate code, I didn't think anything of it. When I got there, it was HUGE house on some acres. I later went home and googled an appraisal site for the residence. It's worth millions of dollars. Apparently, the couple were notable plastic surgeons in the area.

I showed up in a beat up Toyota that I was driving during college.:ROFLMAO:

******* was crazy. Never expected those type of people to be on CL, much less invite me to their home

CL was amazing. I had a lot of good experience,s some bad. But I was surprised at the type of people used the services. I thought it would be more like middle america, average next door people. I get a response from a couple and they invite me over. They gave me their address, told me the gate code, I didn't think anything of it. When I got there, it was HUGE house on some acres. I later went home and googled an appraisal site for the residence. It's worth millions of dollars. Apparently, the couple were notable plastic surgeons in the area.

I showed up in a beat up Toyota that I was driving during college.:ROFLMAO:

******* was crazy. Never expected those type of people to be on CL, much less invite me to their home
Rich are the most debaucherous..... the best

Missing CL badly right now... trying to set something up for this Valentine's weekend on short notice, and if CL were still up we probably could have it all worked out by tomorrow :rolleyes:

We have a new post pending "in review" on Double List, but it's been sitting in their review queue for 3 hours :cautious:

And of course the audience is much more limited on DL, arguably with less "fakes" but not necessarily a lot less. Ah well.

Back