Any UK football fans out there?

softlad

Male
Gold Member
From
UK
Do you think Leicester will do it? As a long suffering fan of a perennially useless team I'm willing them on, Gives us all hope.

I don't support them but I hope they do, it would be great for a relatively small team to win for once :)

It's almost irrational in supporting any team which is fan favorite versus one having consistent form through out a season in any given sport. However, with regards to this Premier League... the belief Leicester are playing with should (90%) win it whereas Tottenham have a 10 per cent chance, if the current leaders were to falter at away games i am sure.... the league winners will be declared on last day of the season.

Also, whoever wins - the runners up would be worthy of being Number 2.

Possibly Spurs are playing the best football at the moment and if they do take the title they'd be worthy winners. I still hope Leicester do it though. I'm not a fan either but if they can do it maybe other smaller teams will believe they can too. Maybe even the mighty Charlton Athletic (OK that's pushing it:().

Look, there is reason why media hails such an achievement by Leicester as sporting 'miracle'. It's also sheer fluke because top teams didn't click well this season. The next four- five years are golden in English football because top managers are coming in and will bring best out of local lads. I don't see why England can't win a major world cup in 2018 or 2022.

It would take a disaster of catastrophic proportions for Leicester, at this point, to not win the Premier League.

I'm a fan of Tottenham, and while obviously I'd would like to see them pull it off, I still think the Leicester story is fantastic. After Tottenham dispatched Stoke and were down 5 points with 4 games to play, and after Leicetser drew with West Ham and Jamie Vardy drew a 2 game suspension it looked like Tottenham was well placed to win the title, but the draw with West Brom was fatal, not to mention the other opportunities that they have blown this season, and Dele Alli's season ending 3 game suspension. With the TV and Champions League money, Leicester should be staying put in the top flight for more than they usual 1-2 years that teams that get promoted from the Championship usually stay.

Last edited:
I too thought Spurs were going to come through and win it. I wouldn't have minded that but it's such a good story for Leicester to be champions. 5000-1 odds don't come up very often. Damn I wish I'd have some of that. Plus Ranieri seems a top bloke as well. Tottenham can only get stronger for next season if they can hold on to Kane, Dele Alli and the manager stays which is looking likely. As for Arsenal well quite a few of my friends are Gooners and they are not happy!

I too thought Spurs were going to come through and win it. I wouldn't have minded that but it's such a good story for Leicester to be champions. 5000-1 odds don't come up very often. Damn I wish I'd have some of that. Plus Ranieri seems a top bloke as well. Tottenham can only get stronger for next season if they can hold on to Kane, Dele Alli and the manager stays which is looking likely. As for Arsenal well quite a few of my friends are Gooners and they are not happy!

Are your Arsenal friends upset with Arsene Wenger, or upset that Spurs will finish higher in the table than them for the first time in quite a while? As for Tottenham, they couldn't hold onto Gareth Bale, but when Real comes calling you tend to answer that call, and I don't know that Tottenham was that well situated financially to match what Real was offering.

A bit of both I think. It's not 100% but the general feeling seems to be that it's time for a change. When Chelsea, United or City were winning the league by spending more that was acceptable but this season been an eye opener. As a long suffering Charlton Athletic fan I've not got much sympathy.

A bit of both I think. It's not 100% but the general feeling seems to be that it's time for a change. When Chelsea, United or City were winning the league by spending more that was acceptable but this season been an eye opener. As a long suffering Charlton Athletic fan I've not got much sympathy.

After what Leicester has done this year, there is always hope.

I watch a lot of ESPN.... and love NASCAR and college sports... and I do watch the playoffs in football and baseball... and thought maybe I was overdoing it.... but you must ... watch it all and subscribe to some.... just not sure how you can follow it all AND be up on what is going on in all of it

I watch a lot of ESPN.... and love NASCAR and college sports... and I do watch the playoffs in football and baseball... and thought maybe I was overdoing it.... but you must ... watch it all and subscribe to some.... just not sure how you can follow it all AND be up on what is going on in all of it

I watch a lot of sports, read the sports section daily, and listen to sports talk radio in the mornings for a few hours.

As you can probably tell from some of the other threads that we have exchanged posts on, I have a pretty good memory, especially when it comes to sports, so there is quite a bit of (useless) knowledge on instant recall. Also, I when I don't know something or want to learn more about something, I will dive in and research it (the history major in me, I suppose). I also coach high school football, so when I watch a game, be it football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer, as much as I watch to be entertained, I tend to look at the strategy or strategies involved.

Unless you're blowing off work for it or allowing your health or family obligations to fall off, you aren't overdoing it.

I also coach high school football, so when I watch a game, be it football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer, as much as I watch to be entertained, I tend to look at the strategy or strategies involved
ok that explains some of it

I work from home so do get a lot of tv time in while working sometimes.... but I like being outdoors to much to watch that much... used to love the cubs Sanders/Dunston/Cey/ Dawson and all of them.... but that ended up being several hours a week just for that... and somehow got into NASCAR about the same time Jeff Gordon did so just kind of followed him and that;s about as much as I wanted to stay inside in the summer.... fall and winter sports I do watch a lot.... after the final four and the superbowl... I'm ready to go outside!

Eden Hazard with a beautiful top corner shot to equalize in the 83rd minute. Once again, looks like Spurs will gag on a two goal lead in the second half.

Back