Wives You Would Never Expect.

Yes, there’s no denying that, merely saying it’s a nice looking flag. But let’s be clear, just like when the Dems say the GOP voted against saving children in a bill they've sponsored, they never mention the bill also included some horrendous stuff that nobody but the Dems wanted. It’s the same with the civil war,,,if you bring up free speech in a room full of people, I guarantee you somebody will step up and say “you can’t yell fire in a crowded theater”! What they leave out is the part WHEN THERE ISN’T A FIRE,,,most people only look at the talking points so they can feel like part of the masses. Likewise with the civil war, although slavery was a talking point in the beginning of the war, it was an “also ran”,,,the war was going for awhile, and not to well for the north, that’s when Lincoln came to the decision to make it all about slavery, to make their cause righteous, and it worked. And so most people (like the freedom of speech argument), only think slavery when they think of the civil war, but it was way more than that, look it up! Eliminating slavery was a military strategy, the south was an agro community, Britain was contracting to buy the cotton, giving the south money to continue the war, no slaves meant no cotton getting picked, it was a win win for the north to eliminate slavery. Just like killing the bison was to defeating the Indians,,,I’ve seen swastikas flown by Neo Nazis, I’ve seen the Stars and Stripes burned and ******* on,,,which all brings us back to freedom of speech!
Well said, also look at who voted for the civil rights bill in the sixties. Less than a third of dems and over 80% GOP. (Very rough numbers.)

Back