What's your hobby...

Bow, at least, gives the ******* a fighting chance. Check out "Terrible" Ted Nugent. Avid Bow Hunter.

I can understand that, but we hunt for the meat more than the hunt itself. My relatives try to get what they can within limits so that they don't have to buy as much during the year and save money. Now, don't take that as they're just shooting up the forest. We all try to hunt 8 or better so that we keep big deer since there are quite a few hunters in the area (we have our own areas). But I am curious about it.

she likes reading he likes drag racing and she goes alone and helps. he also like photography

That's cool. I thought about building a drag car with a friend at one point, but we never really sat down and actually tried to work it out. What kind of car do you race? You should post a pic.

I can understand that, but we hunt for the meat more than the hunt itself. My relatives try to get what they can within limits so that they don't have to buy as much during the year and save money. Now, don't take that as they're just shooting up the forest. We all try to hunt 8 or better so that we keep big deer since there are quite a few hunters in the area (we have our own areas). But I am curious about it.
That is the way to go. As long as you use the whole deer, like the American Indians. Hunting for sport is wrong in my opinion. Hunting for food, etc. is another matter entirely. I love venison. Anytime any of my friends go hunting, I ask if they have extra. So lean. So good. Can be over-cooked in a heartbeat, though. Have to be careful. Bison is also delicious. Also Quail.

That is the way to go. As long as you use the whole deer, like the American Indians. Hunting for sport is wrong in my opinion. Hunting for food, etc. is another matter entirely. I love venison. Anytime any of my friends go hunting, I ask if they have extra. So lean. So good. Can be over-cooked in a heartbeat, though. Have to be careful. Bison is also delicious. Also Quail.

Yeah, I love venison too. We have this place we take it to have it made into deer burger meat and it is the best. :) I can't say we use absolutely all of the deer, but we use about 75% to 80% I think. We basically toss out the head and organs along with some bits and pieces here and there.

That's cool. I thought about building a drag car with a friend at one point, but we never really sat down and actually tried to work it out. What kind of car do you race? You should post a pic.
well if I said what it was its such a nitch thing I would be afraid that some of my not so understanding buddys wouldn't understand my IR obsession

Agreed, Which is why I don't hunt for sport. What I mean is, with the speed of a bullet, the ******* has zero chance to get away. But even with a compound bow, the ******* can hear the arrow as it goes through the woods and strikes leafs and it might give the ******* the chance to escape that they would not have with a gun.

Back