Trump wins

I don't care about what happens to Syria
then they move into Iraq... and then....?can't just let them take over the world.... yes we should not have been involved years back...but we have stuck our nose in... and because we did so did Russia.... long story short... it's a small world!... if we don't help/defend our allies... there could come a time when we are on our own!

The democrats want a return to the cold war.
I believe it was Trump who recently said WE needed to update our nuclear arsenal, syscom ... you might wish to look up P_U_T_I_N'S response to that ... another nuclear arms race???? I wish you folks would get your stories straight. Where do you get your facts?

I believe it was Trump who recently said WE needed to update our nuclear arsenal, syscom ... you might wish to look up P_U_T_I_N'S response to that ... another nuclear arms race???? I wish you folks would get your stories straight. Where do you get your facts?
Dont fucking go down that route Mac. I am very well informed about nuclear wepaons.

Where do you get your "facts"? It was Putin who first talked of strengthening Russia's nuclear arsenal. Then Trump responded to that.

Straight from the Clinton News Network:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/politics/donald-trump-strengthen-expand-nuclear-capability/

President-elect Donald Trump signaled Thursday that he will look to "strengthen and expand" the US's nuclear capability hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin pledged to enhance his country's nuclear forces.

and some of you guys think it is just mac and I

not sure who the guy is/was but he sent one of the gals from the miss Teen USA awards a message wanting her to accompany him to the trump inauguration..... she sent a message back saying she would rather eat her own organs than go to that!

and that's not counting the "slamming" he got at the golden globes last night

Last edited:
Number of voters who changed their position because of the leaks? Zero. Number of Democrats embarrassed by what was in the emails? Millions. Numbers of Hillary emails the hackers couldnt find? 14,000 or more.

This election was already decided by May. Long before the leaks occurred. All the leaks did was reinforce the motivation of those people who were not going to vote fir Hillary anyway.
That's an absolute false claim that cant be substantiated nor quantified. All of the negative press from wikileaks and the FBI definitely hurt the voter enthusiasm for Hillary. You can't deny or dismiss it didn't have an impact. Politics is polished tricks, and psychological warfare (which is what the Russians and Republican party launched against the American public). If you don't know what Pysch-Ops is then just stay quiet as what was done this past election was straight out of the text books I have.

Hillary was still in a +4 lead up till the FBI indictment that Friday before the election week in which the polls tightened after that point. Even Republican pollsters admitted this right up to the election and early voting showed Hillary way ahead in the vote count in Florida and Michigan ahead of Trump:

Listen to what Guliani says here at the end "we are not going to go down without a fight, we have a couple of things up our sleeves...." then the FBI indictment drops 2 days later:

I believe that is what Mac said... and yes that is the way it happened
I was surprised he would make that comment on his good buddy!
Then you should work on reading comprehension. Mac said the exact opposite of that.

This could explain a lot. Did you ever think, if much of the world seems "twisted" to you.....maybe its you?????

That's an absolute false claim that cant be substantiated nor quantified. All of the negative press from wikileaks and the FBI definitely hurt the voter enthusiasm for Hillary. You can't deny or dismiss it didn't have an impact.

Everything adds up for sure, but I think the biggest mistake Hillary made was pulling out of her "shoe-in" states way to early. I travel the state of Michigan quite often and never once saw a Hillary sign, but Trump signs were everywhere months before the election. The people of MI did not like it when Hillary pulled out with the assumption they would all vote for her. The entire election she seemed to have a "I'm a shoe in so I don't have to work at it" attitude and many didn't like that. I don't even recall a single Hillary TV add (OK, maybe 1), If she didn't campaign - what did she do with all her funding?

Then you should work on reading comprehension. Mac said the exact opposite of that.

This could explain a lot. Did you ever think, if much of the world seems "twisted" to you.....maybe its you?????
good at pointing out little errors... to bad you can't do as well on facts!
you need to concentrate more on what your man is doing with the gov

like your hate for ACA... and all the bad mouthing and can't wait to get rid of it... and now the silent majority finally speaks up... and you guys are in the minority... just whiners

but you keep checking spelling and etc... it's what you do!... all you can do or post

I was trying to point out you both were talking the same thing... just mac had it twisted a little... but go ahead and make an issue out of it... since you apparently don't want to defend your man!

you are trying to make an issue of tomatoes... or Tamatoes

have a nice day!....good buddy!

Last edited:
What Trump doesn't know about Alibaba's jobs pledge

Alibaba founder Jack Ma's visit to Trump Tower this week wasn't just the latest example of a foreign business leader cozying up to the President-elect.

Ma, whose Chinese online retailer is more valuable than all but 12 U.S. corporations, is perhaps the best known business executive in the country Donald Trump most frequently attacked during his campaign for taking advantage of unfair trade deals.

Ma smartly decided to pursue face time with Trump. And Ma came bearing a promise: To help create 1 million U.S. jobs by enabling small businesses to sell goods on Alibaba's prosperous e-commerce platform.

It played right into Trump's boisterous pledge to boost growth and get Americans working again (despite a 9-year low in unemployment).

But experts who have spent years tracking Alibaba and Chinese online commerce aren't buying Ma's pitch.

"Jack Ma is great at PR and Trump is a sucker for anybody who kisses his whatever," said Harley Lewin, a partner at New York law firm McCarter & English who's spent 40 years protecting brands and fighting infringement globally. "Ma is going to say that because those are the buzzwords that appeal to the incoming administration."
While the idea of an American entrepreneur developing a product and using Alibaba to distribute it in a country with over 1.3 billion people is enticing, the reality is much more complicated. U.S. companies face big challenges when doing business in China, including government subsidies for domestic products, the costs of moving goods and piracy.

Jack Ma says he's here to help. But there's a problem.

Alibaba is a haven for counterfeits. In December, Taobao, Alibaba's consumer website, was put back on the "notorious marketplaces" blacklist by the Office of the United States Trade Representative.

Taobao had been removed from the list in 2012 after making efforts to protect intellectual property rights holders, but "current levels of reported counterfeiting and piracy are unacceptably high," the USTR said.

In Lewin's extensive work in China, he's noticed a consistent pattern: When a product or category proves to be popular, the number of counterfeits explode, and brands are powerless to stop it, no matter how much policing they do. Ma even acknowledged in a speech in June that the fakes are often of "better quality, better prices than the real products, the real names."
"It makes sales into China prohibitive," Lewin said. "You can't compete with the volume of selling of fakes on the internet."

That's not all. Once a company has introduced its product to Chinese counterfeiters, they can start selling their knockoffs globally, whether on Alibaba, Amazon.com (AMZN) or eBay (EBAY). That makes Chinese counterfeiting a problem that extends far beyond China.

Alibaba spokesman Robert Christie told CNBC that there are certain categories of products that Chinese consumers only want to buy from businesses outside the country, and Alibaba is targeting brands that can fulfill that demand.

Christie referred back to an op-ed that Ma wrote in The Wall Street Journal in June 2015, outlining Alibaba's strategy for luring U.S. businesses. Ma said items like fresh foods, cosmetics and baby products present a particular opportunity for sellers in Europe and the U.S. to crack the Chinese market.
"If you ingest something or it touches their skin, they don't want it made in China," Christie said. "That's everything from makeup to vitamins to lotions to clothes. We know there's big demand for that in China."

In the meeting with Trump, the headline number that Ma laid out was 1 million new businesses over five years, Christie said. The million new jobs assumes one employee per business.

As for the counterfeit problem, Alibaba vice chairman Joseph Tsai said in an interview in November that the company has spent years developing systems to enforce IP protection and crack down on piracy. The site uses homegrown technology to scour 10 million listings a day, and takes down an average of 25 listings for every complaint, Tsai said.

Over 100,000 brands, including 75 percent of the world's most valuable consumer names use Alibaba to access China, according to Christie.

Brands like Apple (AAPL), Disney (DIS) and Nike (NKE) "would not be using Alibaba as their gateway to the China Market if they did not believe we were an honest broker with an ongoing, rock-solid commitment to protecting their intellectual property," he said. "We are actively using our big data capabilities not only to remove suspect products from our site, but also to help put counterfeiters in China behind bars."
There's another reason to be skeptical of Ma's expressed affinity for the American small business.

Because of the extremely low barrier in place for Chinese merchants to sell into the U.S. — the type of "terrible deal" Trump railed against throughout his campaign — Alibaba has served as a platform for cheap Chinese goods to enter the U.S. and undercut domestic competitors.

While Taobao has failed to crack the U.S. consumer market, Alibaba.com and the AliExpress site have served as suppliers to U.S. retailers, who turn around and sell those products at higher prices on Amazon and elsewhere.

That inventory includes counterfeits and knockoffs as well as legitimate products priced far below what American companies can reasonably charge.

"The problem that Ma's created has cost the U.S. millions of jobs," said Rob Dunkel, founder of 3PM Marketplace Solutions, whose technology helps brands protect themselves against fraudulent activity. "Why should we believe you now?"

Dunkel has some additional advice for the President-elect: "The question Trump should be asking is, `What's Jack's plan to protect U.S. companies' IP?'"
A Trump spokesperson didn't respond to a request for comment.

The Trump-Ma affair was just an initial meeting and until Trump takes office on Jan. 20, nobody can predict how much of his anti-China trade rhetoric morphs into policy.

If Trump is truly concerned about boosting the competitiveness of U.S. companies, particularly with respect to China, he'll first need to get a grasp on how platforms like Alibaba are opening the door to the imbalances he proclaims to detest.

According to the Counterfeit Report, counterfeiters destroy some 750,000 U.S. jobs and cost domestic businesses over $250 billion a year.

"I'm not sure people understand how endemic an issue this is," said Rania Sedhom, managing partner of New York-based Sedhom Law Group, which represents brands that sell online. "I don't think the government as a whole understands the true consequences and where the money is going."

good at pointing out little errors... to bad you can't do as well on facts!
... but you keep checking spelling and etc... it's what you do!... all you can do or post

I was trying to point out you both were talking the same thing... just mac had it twisted a little... but go ahead and make an issue out of it... since you apparently don't want to defend your man!

Thing is, I didn't have it twisted ... just didn't go into detail with the comment. Here is my exact comment ...
"I believe it was Trump who recently said WE needed to update our nuclear arsenal, syscom ... you might wish to look up P_U_T_I_N'S response to that ... another nuclear arms race????"
....And HERE is h-h's actual response to that ...
"It was Poroshenko who first talked of strengthening Russia's nuclear arsenal. Then Trump responded to that."

....As you said, hoping_hubby spends way too much time trying to discredit liberal posts ... its all he does. It wouldn't matter what you post ... 3-4-5 paragraphs long, all factual, h-h looks for that one sentence that is either incorrect or vague and he makes an issue of it, because he feels better if he can discredit a liberal post, particularly mine, since he & I certainly have a distaste to each other.
....Thing is, Trump is not even President yet, yet he's making these careless comments to a country we've manage over the years to come to terms with regarding nuclear arsenal. The last thing we need is a spiteful president with loose fingers on "twitter" of all places, making responses to Russia about growing our own nuclear arsenal. It took years to convince Russia to downsize with the USA, and along comes Trump and undoes the whole damn thing with twittering and UNpresidential responses. But, that's not what h-h wants to read ... he'd prefer pointing out something that isn't properly written and make issue with it ... its just HIS STYLE.

In the sales world I live in there is a saying ... "It takes months, even years, to cultivate a customer, and it takes only a minute to lose one." That's how I see Trump on another Arms Race.

Last edited:
As you said, hoping_hubby spends way too much time trying to discredit liberal posts ... its all he does

seems to be a way of life for the bobblehead boys... you rarely see one make a comment without the other hitting the like tab

I guess it doesn't hurt to have someone on here 24/7 to do spelling and typing errors

Last edited:
61 businesses Trump has targeted on Twitter

Since the election, Donald Trump has used his Twitter (TWTR) account to lash out at numerous companies, sending the business world into a state of constant anxiety, wondering who is next. With over 19.2 million followers on the social media platform, the president-elect can easily dispatch a public relations nightmare for the company of his choosing.

Even the threat of another Trump tweet has led companies like Ford (F) to preemptively employ a clever PR strategy that made it appear that it was capitulating to Trump’s Twitter demands last year by canceling an announced Mexican project and investing in Michigan. (In reality, the canceled Mexican plant’s production simply moved to another plant within the country.) The auto industry has been a particular bete noire for Trump recently – he’s also included GM in his attacks, threatening to punish the carmaker for building one of its cars, the Chevy Cruze, in Mexico.

While Trump may currently be on a rampage against automakers who aren’t making cars on US soil, these are hardly the first times he’s taken shots at businesses in his eight years on Twitter.
Poring through his 34,300 tweets with the help of a custom computer program as well as Factba.se, a research tool that has catalogued and analyzed transcripts, tweets, and more, Yahoo Finance has identified 61 companies or brands Trump has bashed. Targets range from Silicon Valley giants to media brands that have reported on his activities to rival golf courses.

Often, as has been the case with T-Mobile, he has devoted numerous tweets against companies and their CEOs. Notably, with T-Mobile, he said he didn’t want the company’s cellphone service to work in his buildings. Trump, who is a fan of Samsung phones, hectored Apple and CEO Tim Cook over the small size of the iPhone many times over the years.

Given the strong current of tweets flowing from @realDonaldTrump, it seems likely the list of companies and business CEOs the president-elect has criticized will grow—and it will be updated accordingly. Here are the 61 and sample tweets.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/61-businesses-trump-has-attacked-on-twitter-181623705.html

Trump is trying to run things just like they are in Russia
he doesn't like the news that gets reported he wants to boycott that channel (CNN)
I guess in following P U T I N 's tradition they should have asked or cleared the story with the Trump team first

I guess Kelly Conway would called a propaganda minister?

Last edited:
What Trump doesn't know about Alibaba's jobs pledge

Alibaba founder Jack Ma's visit to Trump Tower this week wasn't just the latest example of a foreign business leader cozying up to the President-elect.

Ma, whose Chinese online retailer is more valuable than all but 12 U.S. corporations, is perhaps the best known business executive in the country Donald Trump most frequently attacked during his campaign for taking advantage of unfair trade deals.

Ma smartly decided to pursue face time with Trump. And Ma came bearing a promise: To help create 1 million U.S. jobs by enabling small businesses to sell goods on Alibaba's prosperous e-commerce platform.

It played right into Trump's boisterous pledge to boost growth and get Americans working again (despite a 9-year low in unemployment).

But experts who have spent years tracking Alibaba and Chinese online commerce aren't buying Ma's pitch.

"Jack Ma is great at PR and Trump is a sucker for anybody who kisses his whatever," said Harley Lewin, a partner at New York law firm McCarter & English who's spent 40 years protecting brands and fighting infringement globally. "Ma is going to say that because those are the buzzwords that appeal to the incoming administration."
While the idea of an American entrepreneur developing a product and using Alibaba to distribute it in a country with over 1.3 billion people is enticing, the reality is much more complicated. U.S. companies face big challenges when doing business in China, including government subsidies for domestic products, the costs of moving goods and piracy.

Jack Ma says he's here to help. But there's a problem.

Alibaba is a haven for counterfeits. In December, Taobao, Alibaba's consumer website, was put back on the "notorious marketplaces" blacklist by the Office of the United States Trade Representative.

Taobao had been removed from the list in 2012 after making efforts to protect intellectual property rights holders, but "current levels of reported counterfeiting and piracy are unacceptably high," the USTR said.

In Lewin's extensive work in China, he's noticed a consistent pattern: When a product or category proves to be popular, the number of counterfeits explode, and brands are powerless to stop it, no matter how much policing they do. Ma even acknowledged in a speech in June that the fakes are often of "better quality, better prices than the real products, the real names."
"It makes sales into China prohibitive," Lewin said. "You can't compete with the volume of selling of fakes on the internet."

That's not all. Once a company has introduced its product to Chinese counterfeiters, they can start selling their knockoffs globally, whether on Alibaba, Amazon.com (AMZN) or eBay (EBAY). That makes Chinese counterfeiting a problem that extends far beyond China.

Alibaba spokesman Robert Christie told CNBC that there are certain categories of products that Chinese consumers only want to buy from businesses outside the country, and Alibaba is targeting brands that can fulfill that demand.

Christie referred back to an op-ed that Ma wrote in The Wall Street Journal in June 2015, outlining Alibaba's strategy for luring U.S. businesses. Ma said items like fresh foods, cosmetics and baby products present a particular opportunity for sellers in Europe and the U.S. to crack the Chinese market.
"If you ingest something or it touches their skin, they don't want it made in China," Christie said. "That's everything from makeup to vitamins to lotions to clothes. We know there's big demand for that in China."

In the meeting with Trump, the headline number that Ma laid out was 1 million new businesses over five years, Christie said. The million new jobs assumes one employee per business.

As for the counterfeit problem, Alibaba vice chairman Joseph Tsai said in an interview in November that the company has spent years developing systems to enforce IP protection and crack down on piracy. The site uses homegrown technology to scour 10 million listings a day, and takes down an average of 25 listings for every complaint, Tsai said.

Over 100,000 brands, including 75 percent of the world's most valuable consumer names use Alibaba to access China, according to Christie.

Brands like Apple (AAPL), Disney (DIS) and Nike (NKE) "would not be using Alibaba as their gateway to the China Market if they did not believe we were an honest broker with an ongoing, rock-solid commitment to protecting their intellectual property," he said. "We are actively using our big data capabilities not only to remove suspect products from our site, but also to help put counterfeiters in China behind bars."
There's another reason to be skeptical of Ma's expressed affinity for the American small business.

Because of the extremely low barrier in place for Chinese merchants to sell into the U.S. — the type of "terrible deal" Trump railed against throughout his campaign — Alibaba has served as a platform for cheap Chinese goods to enter the U.S. and undercut domestic competitors.

While Taobao has failed to crack the U.S. consumer market, Alibaba.com and the AliExpress site have served as suppliers to U.S. retailers, who turn around and sell those products at higher prices on Amazon and elsewhere.

That inventory includes counterfeits and knockoffs as well as legitimate products priced far below what American companies can reasonably charge.

"The problem that Ma's created has cost the U.S. millions of jobs," said Rob Dunkel, founder of 3PM Marketplace Solutions, whose technology helps brands protect themselves against fraudulent activity. "Why should we believe you now?"

Dunkel has some additional advice for the President-elect: "The question Trump should be asking is, `What's Jack's plan to protect U.S. companies' IP?'"
A Trump spokesperson didn't respond to a request for comment.

The Trump-Ma affair was just an initial meeting and until Trump takes office on Jan. 20, nobody can predict how much of his anti-China trade rhetoric morphs into policy.

If Trump is truly concerned about boosting the competitiveness of U.S. companies, particularly with respect to China, he'll first need to get a grasp on how platforms like Alibaba are opening the door to the imbalances he proclaims to detest.

According to the Counterfeit Report, counterfeiters destroy some 750,000 U.S. jobs and cost domestic businesses over $250 billion a year.

"I'm not sure people understand how endemic an issue this is," said Rania Sedhom, managing partner of New York-based Sedhom Law Group, which represents brands that sell online. "I don't think the government as a whole understands the true consequences and where the money is going."

great post trump is not a billoinaire either mark cuban busted his ass .

Franken: 'You Can't Rely on Anything' Trump Says on Russia
Democratic Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota says he doesn't trust what President-elect Donald Trump says about the role that Russia played during the 2016 presidential campaign. "The Russians had said that, right after the election, that they had been meeting regularly with people from the campaign," Franken told ABC News' Jon Karl and Rick Klein on the "Powerhouse Politics" podcast. "Now, you can't trust anything the Russians say. But on the other hand, it's really hard to trust anything that Donald Trump says ... you can't rely on anything he says." The comments come amid unsubstantiated allegations from a dossier given to the FBI that suggested Trump could have been compromised by Russian agents ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/436159a9-94d2-32ff-9876-8452c9244af1/franken:-'you-can't.html

Back