Trump wins

I am just scratching at this list as Canada's contributions to America is much broader and more extensive than this list.
....No disrespect to Canada, but when their backs are against the wall, we'll do them just as we have the UK and bail 'em out. All the allies rely on the power of the US "might" whether they admit it or not ... and we, the US citizens & taxpayers, bare the entire cost of maintaining that. Our incoming president wishes to double or triple its size ... we already outspend the next top 8 nations in the world (added together) in maintaining our military. Maybe Trump will add some frugality to our military spending and get the costs reduced; he could start in the Pentagon which misappropriates about $800 million a year.

....No disrespect to Canada, but when their backs are against the wall, we'll do them just as we have the UK.
Not too sure about that Mac? Perhaps I should remind you about the War of 1812 where Canada (then Upper and Lower Canada) defeated America? (https://thewalrus.ca/that-time-we-beat-the-americans/)
well, la-de-da! I like the Dark Age history more ... thanks!

Well, if you are going to cite how America bested the UK during an earlier point in history during the Revolutionary war from 1775-1783, then the war of 1812 would be more recent history is it not?

I am stunned there was something positive you said about Trump?! I guess I better plan on Judgment Day to occur soon!

I'm not disputing he has some good points and talked about them during the campaign.... but there is far more going the other way... like his saying he wants to bring back good paying jobs to the us... he had the chance to do that with carrier and didn't!... and then he appoints a labor sec that is against raising wages or benefits.... which is it?... good jobs.. or more cheap labor?... he says a lot of one thing and then appoints or does something the exact opposite!

how can you be anything... being Canadian
I'm not disputing all of that... I'm talking Republican/Democrat
What is that supposed to mean? I guess that just shows your ignorance about Canada's many contributions in American society. If there was no Canada, politically there would be no Ted Cruz who was born in Calgary, Alberta to try to challenge Trump, Max Baucus (US Senator from Montana (1978-2014) whose ******* was born in British Columbia, Canada), Mike Gravel (US Senator from Alaska (1969-1981) whose parents came from Quebec Canada), Stan Stephens (former governor of Montana from 1989-1993), Jennifer Granholm (former governor of Michigan who was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada), and Walter Mondale who not only was the 42nd Democratic VPOTUS, but a 1984 presidential nominee, was born in Minnesota but his mom was born in the province of Ontario in Canada!...

What you forgot was in my post I mentioned various politicians both Democrat and Republican who came from Canadian roots or were Canadians themselves.

I'm not disputing he has some good points and talked about them during the campaign.... but there is far more going the other way... like his saying he wants to bring back good paying jobs to the us... he had the chance to do that with carrier and didn't!... and then he appoints a labor sec that is against raising wages or benefits.... which is it?... good jobs.. or more cheap labor?... he says a lot of one thing and then appoints or does something the exact opposite!

The future will have to decide that.

The future will have to decide that.

I agree need a year or so to really know..... but I also think the more they dig into this election the more dirt they are going to find on the guy... I really do think he sold his soul for the job....and there are so many crazies following him... all these threats to individuals...the Russia thing... the fake news... his foundation.... he really wanted the job... but for who?... the people?... himself?.... money?... ego?

Ex-CIA operative: We may need a new vote

Former CIA Operative Robert Baer says if the CIA can prove that Russia interfered with the 2016 election then the US should vote again.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5f16e6bb-e53a-3edf-9efc-01b0980a36b3/ss_ex-cia-operative:-we-may-need.html

I don't see that happening.... but I think trump KNOWS that Russia hacked the voting system!

If Hillary threw in her towel and does not pursue this how would this conclude? Perhaps return the favor to Russia somehow?

If Hillary threw in her towel and does not pursue this how would this conclude? Perhaps return the favor to Russia somehow?

******* I have no idea....but do believe anyway you look at it Clinton is out!.....but I really think before all this ends there will be some impeachment talk!
and I hate the thought of Pence!... much rather have TRUMP!....but this next year is going to be very interesting... you know he wants to squash that Russian involvement.... and he can't!... there are 17 republicans in favor of looking into this also

not sure how this will play out.. I kind of like some of what he has proposed... but like none of his appointees... some don't match his "plans"... and then all the ******* he has pulled.... like I said I think he sold his sole to get this job!
problem is just like his statement earlier in the election..... he could shoot someone and not lose any followers!.... hell at one time he even hinted that anyone in favor of the 2nd amendment should show Hillary!

... there are 17 republicans in favor of looking into this also

Maybe not 17 Republicans to challenge the results as that would include Trump. Of the remaining 16, Chris Christie
and Ben Carson threw their support behind Trump and appear happy working with him. So there should be a theoretical 14 Republican candidates, or less, seeking to topple Trump.

For a non-politician becoming a politician, Trump is showing the world the game of politics is like a game of Euchre. And to those familiar with the game of Euchre to win it's all about having the trump cards to win.

Maybe not 17 Republicans to challenge the results as that would include Trump

it didn't give names in the article... just that the dems and 17 republicans are calling for the investigation.... I just read that the trump team is challenging the intelligence on the info....going to be very interesting

this hacking thig has gotten way out of hand anyway and it's time to do something... hell look at how much we KNOW China does...

I have played that game before in the army... can't remember how it's played but used to play it a lot!
but Trump has changed so much in the way of politics in this campaign to begin with

Remember Gary Hart?... going to run for pres (Dem) and some pictures showed up with him and a single gal on a boat... ended his career!... look at Trump and all he has done... I understand also that a couple of those gals are also receiving death threats.... but anyway... the religious right supported him.... like his statement earlier... he could shoot someone and not lose his popularity!.... and that's sad... as a country we have stooped this low

but maybe it the crazy season... worldwide.... look at the UK pulling out of the union... and I read that Italy has someone about as bad as trump and looks like he might make it!

Of the remaining 16, Chris Christie
and Ben Carson threw their support behind Trump and appear happy working with him

that's also kind of funny.... Carson did get a job... Christie and Giuliani.... seem to be out and they stood by him the whole time... as did Gingrich.... and I sure hope he doesn't get anything... really dislike that guy.... Giuliani is just.... stupid? and Christie has the lowest approval rating any Gov has had!... bridge gate killed him... but he has a lot of similarities to trump... both arrogant and spiteful... but then trumps ******* in law had Christie kicked out... seems at one time Christie was a prosecutor and put Trumps ******* in law's ******* in Prison!

As far as Russia meddling in our politics, maybe now we know how the citizens of other countries feel when the US meddles in their politics. Something to think about.

As far as Russia meddling in our politics, maybe now we know how the citizens of other countries feel when the US meddles in their politics. Something to think about.

true.... funny part of it is we send people to monitor fair elections.... and can't even get it here!
and yes we have supported some real losers in the past... and even right now supporting the Saudi's and Jordon... when their loyalty is questionable

trump is right about that... pull out and only get involved in what is a threat to the US... but we have stuck our nose in so many friggn places we are shitting in our own mess kit!

Back