Thoughts on the South Carolina conferderate flag taken down today?

the confederate flag means 2 things.....
one...it is a sign of surrender!
two....send the south more money...just like the blue states have been doing since the civil war....been over 100 years and the north is still trying to rebuild things down there! they are so behind in everything and to fucking stupid to know how to take care of anything

note: 10 of the poorest states in the nation are all red and all in the south! ( with the exception of Montana)and draw more money in federal aid than they pay in federal taxes!
they all lack in health care.... standard of living....wages....and as you so eloquently prove...education

Last edited:
Gor all u uneducted fucks that flag has nothing to do with racism
Why don't you enlighten us all, joey. All I know (and I'm a true blooded southern) is that when the KKK shows up, they have that flag flying, and they were a white supremacy group.
So, what does that rectangular "stars & bars" represent?

and the 13 stars represent the original 13 colonies of the united states
word-WRONG.jpg
Wrong WAR, kimosabi. I believe YOU are the one who needs to study your history of the confederate flag, 'joeyboy' ... The 13 stars of the confederate flag stood for the 11 confederate states and the 2 neutral states of Kentucky & Missouri. The confederate flag underwent a lot of changes during the war, but the more square version of the flag was later accepted as the battle flag. The 26th regiment of NC was the most awarded/decorated unit in the confederate army, and the state of NC suffered more casualties than any other state involved in the war ... Union or Confederacy. One of the battle flags of the 26th NC hangs in our government courthouse in Raleigh NC right now. (see attached) My particular family tree had 3 members go off to that war; none came back.
The flag associated with bigotry and racism was one of the original confederate flags early in the war ... rectangular. It was changed to a square flag to help the confederate generals identify their troops from the union on the battle fields as there was so much smoke from the muskets & cannon fire. Most all of the soldiers of the confederacy didn't own slaves or even believe in slavery ... all they knew was that the Union army was invading their land. Most native Southerners use to live by "The Feud"... 'You Wrong Me, I'll Wrong You Back'. Read your southern history.

http://26nc.org/

Last edited:
Why don't you enlighten us all, joey. All I know (and I'm a true blooded southern) is that when the KKK shows up, they have that flag flying, and they were a white supremacy group.

Thats what you think it means when you see them the KKK carrying it. Its because they the KKK THINK it represents their ideals of what the southern states represented. Doesnt mean they are right.

word-wrong-jpg.2289003

The stereotypical flag you see the KKK show up with isn't the "stars and bars", although given the poor state of history education, it isn't uncommon for people to mistakenly think that.

The "Stars and Bars" was the first official flag of the confederacy (from 1861 to 1863) and nothing like the flag generally used by the KKK. There were variations of it with different numbers of stars. Example with 13 stars:

1544894500556.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America#First_flag:_the_"Stars_and_Bars"_(1861–1863)

Obviously that flag could easily be confused for the union Stars and Stripes which led to a second official flag of the confederacy called the Stainless Banner. The Stainless Banner had a white field and for its canton a square red background with a blue saltire containing 13 stars.....essentially a version of the southern cross battle flag which had been used by various armies.

The flag associated with bigotry and racism was one of the original confederate flags early in the war ... rectangular. It was changed to a square flag to help the confederate generals identify their troops from the union on the battle fields as there was so much smoke from the muskets & cannon fire.
word-wrong-jpg.2289003

The stereotypical KKK flag is a version of two flags used late in the war. The battle flag of the army of Tennessee and the Confederate Navy Jack were both used starting in 1863 and were rectangular flags with red backgrounds and a blue saltire with 13 white stars.

http://confederateflags.org/army/fotcaot/
http://confederateflags.org/fotcfaq/fotcfaq2/

Also of note, it is quite ironic how you've picked just a part of one sentence from Joey's post and made a big argument about it. Seem to remember you making a huge deal out of such behavior in others....god I love sitting back with a nice glass of tea and watching the hypocrisy bloom.

as you should since you are WRONG!...I have seen a lot of those protests all with the confederate flag!
None of those flags in your pictures are the Stars and Bars, but thank you for providing first hand evidence of the poor state of education in this country as I mentioned in my first sentence. It's particularly disconcerting to see this. It's one thing to be uneducated, but when proof if presented and you can't educate yourself it is a pretty sad state of existence.

None of those flags in your pictures are the Stars and Bars, but thank you for providing first hand evidence of the poor state of education in this country as I mentioned in my first sentence. It's particularly disconcerting to see this. It's one thing to be uneducated, but when proof if presented and you can't educate yourself it is a pretty sad state of existence.

welllll then guess we have a difference of opinion as to what is the stars and bars. And yes you would appear to be right on the education part....you might want to expand yours...to include the stars and bars!

got to just love it when someone posts something wrong.....and then tries to use a bunch of big words and lack of education to convince people he is right!

thanks for proving Kansas education problem is real

Last edited:
since I can't get the flags to cut and paste.....I will just give you the link!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

you show the original...but was changed...and there was several variations of it after that as the article states

Images of confederate flag carried by the kkk

bing.com/images

See more images of confederate flag carried by the kkk

The Confederate Flag Is a Racist Symbol. Just ask the KKK ...
https://newrepublic.com/article/122216/confederate-flag-still...
In fact, the KKK’s association with the flag may be the reason it is flying in South Carolina today at all. Decommissioned Confederate soldiers founded the Ku Klux Klan in Tennessee in the mid ...

Videos of confederat flag carried by the KKK

bing.com/videos
1544903207415.jpeg
0:43
KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally as Tempers Flare in South Carolina...
YouTube · 6/30/2015 · 3.7K views
1544903208382.jpeg
1:29
KKK rallies to Confederate flag at South Carolina capitol
REUTERS · 7/18/2015
1544903209417.jpeg
1544903208382.jpeg1544903207415.jpeg1544903209417.jpeg
1:23
Man defends flying KKK, Confederate flag
CNN · 3/6/2014
See more videos of confederat flag carried by the KKK

hope I didn't post to much for you to "cipher" there HH

"The stereotypical flag you see the KKK show up with isn't the "stars and bars","

we certainly don't expect an apology from you HH
but don't insult our intelligence either

1vv.gif

although you were right it isn't the original flag...…..but the one is certainly carried by the KKK

Last edited:
welllll then guess we have a difference of opinion as to what is the stars and bars.
No what we have is my stating the fact of what the Stars and Bars flag was along with multiple references proving it vs your incorrect opinion.

as you should since you are WRONG!...I have seen a lot of those protests all with the confederate flag!
It isn't clear if your comprehension ability is this low or if you're trying to make a really poor attempt at one of MacnLies strawmen arguments. Regardless, I never stated the KKK flag was not a confederate flag. In fact I clearly showed that it was a Confederate Naval Jack as well as a battle flag of the Tennessee Confederate Army. What it is not is the Stars and Bars.

Thanks for supplying a link which proves my point. It specifically says the Stars and Bars was the original flag I posted and that the KKK flag is instead the Second Confederate Navy Jack

Always entertaining to watch someone like you who can't quite figure out when it is time to employ the first law of holes.

And the logical fallacies will resume in 3....2.....1.....

No what we have is my stating the fact of what the Stars and Bars flag was along with multiple references proving it vs your incorrect opinion.

It isn't clear if your comprehension ability is this low or if you're trying to make a really poor attempt at one of MacnLies strawmen arguments. Regardless, I never stated the KKK flag was not a confederate flag. In fact I clearly showed that it was a Confederate Naval Jack as well as a battle flag of the Tennessee Confederate Army. What it is not is the Stars and Bars.

Thanks for supplying a link which proves my point. It specifically says the Stars and Bars was the original flag I posted and that the KKK flag is instead the Second Confederate Navy Jack

Always entertaining to watch someone like you who can't quite figure out when it is time to employ the first law of holes.

And the logical fallacies will resume in 3....2.....1.....

first it wasn't MY OPINION.....as shown in the two or three posts above...it is just a fact......something you lack the ability to comprehend

no straw man argument at all...it is evident you can't read...but I was sure you could see the pictures and understand from there...but guess not when your mind is locked in some kind of stupor....I think you stated that your version was the confederate flag....where as my post from a search engine shows there were several confederate flags....and the second post shows the one most commonly used by the KKK...so your reference to my meme's is inaccurate to say the least!.....I didn't say your "flag" was not the stars and bars...I said it is not the one most commonly used and used by the KKK....is there something wrong with your comprehension?

you need to go back to "see spot run" and educate yourself from there....no need to harm your self or do anything drastic just because your comprehension skills are definitely lacking!
but then with Kansas education funds in the hole and the whole state going down the tubes....what can you expect?
well hopefully that new democratic gov you got can straighten out some of the mess but for you older already past school....not much help

Last edited:
Thats what you think it means when you see them the KKK carrying it. Its because they the KKK THINK it represents their ideals of what the southern states represented. Doesnt mean they are right.
The flag that is "hated" so much by the black communities IS the rectangular confederate flag, later changed to become a square flag. Yet that rectangular flag originated as the Confederate Navy Jack ... then used in the battlefields until a general requested it to be changed to a square flag. Also, I NEVER SAID it was the first stars & bars ... the flag of the confederacy changed several times.

The flag that is "hated" so much by the black communities IS the rectangular confederate flag, later changed to become a square flag. Yet that rectangular flag originated as the Confederate Navy Jack ... then used in the battlefields until a general requested it to be changed to a square flag. Also, I NEVER SAID it was the first stars & bars ... the flag of the confederacy changed several times.

None of those flags in your pictures are the Stars and Bars,
You're as dense as a quart jar ... surely you can't be so STUPID!
And no one's saying the rectangular stars & bars was the first flag or even the original flag ... that's YOUR attempt at something to argue about. I quite know what the flag looks like and attached a photo to the link on the 26th NC and THEIR flag.
Now, would you ...
......................................pic_FuckOff-boy.jpg

.. then used in the battlefields until a general requested it to be changed to a square flag.

And here I thought it was changed to a square flag so Bubba could were it as a bandana on his head.
image.jpg

But she can wear it all she wants :mstickle:

st-ZRF-703298B-357965-JC139.jpg

I don't put a lot of stock or weight into symbolism. The only flags I really care about is the United States flag and the branches of the military. The south lost, so not important. I don't think it represents racism any more than a cross represents Jesus Christ. Why doesn't the cross represent Murderers? after all - one died right next to him - on a cross - just like his. People get to caught up in what symbolizes what - I do however understand why people are offended, but it is not a viable reason to take it down unless those offended can validate that offense. i.e. Is the state flying it to remind everyone of Slavery? or perhaps they fly it to remind everyone of our Historic struggles we faced as a Nation. The reason WHY the flag is being flown is very important when deciding if it should be removed or not. To answer my own question, Christianity uses the Cross to remind us that Jesus died, not on a cross, but he died for our sins, really doesn't have much to do with a cross. The cross could just as easily be used by the Zodiac killer to remind us that Hay - I killed a bunch of people and got away with it.

How far back should we go with offending symbolism? Maybe I'm offended by the Star of David because genocide. (oh and King David took slaves as well) Should it be removed??? Jews demand the removal of the Swastika for similar reasons - so???? ?? And like the confederate flag - it started out as something completely different.

Back