Third Party Voters Hold the Key

Angelyn

Female
I'm reading TIME online, and they say pro-impeachment Americans outnumber anti-impeachment Americans by about 5% on average. But it's like 48% to 43%.

This seems to be an entire pattern around our present political circumstances.

No matter how you slice it, Trump is liked by a LOT of Americans. But never by a majority. He doesn't score above 50% in any opinion poll at any time.

Anti-Trump voters have consistently made up a bigger percentage of the electorate than Trump voters. But they also do not make up a majority.

9%. That's a fair estimate of the voters who are sitting on the sides or on their hands. People like me. This number has remained fairly consistent.

The 48% anti-Trumpers tend to be clustered in a few liberal states and major cities, especially those on the coasts. They cannot defeat Trump on their own because the electoral college forces presidential candidates to search for broad regional support.

It’s us 9% who basically hold the key to beating Trump. But we’re not 20 million people. In reality, it’s more like 0.2 million people in purple states. Voters like me (from Blue States) won’t make a difference.

The Democrats only need to please 200,000 people to win. 0.1% of the electorate.

These 200,000 aren’t even particularly nasty or mean or deluded people. They are mostly people in the ideological center, fairly moderate in outlook, peaceful folks. Not polygamous Mormons, doomsday cultists, hardcore racists, gun nuts, environmental terrorists or whatever you think Libertarians and Green Party voters are like. It’s not that hard to make them happy.

Trump seems very popular on this forum but I really do not think he’s a good president.

Trump is able to win because the Dem-Ass party put an arrogant, dislikeable person up for election. This energizes the Republicans, discourages the Democrats, and totally fails to make a single third party voter change her vote.

As a teacher, let me remind you folks – everyone here - of something you should know yourself but have probably forgotten.

Remember your school days? Know it all smug smart ******* are the most hated in every class.

Every year I teach classes where there is a boorish, brutish bullying bozo and a smug smart sneering spectacled kid.

BBBB is always less disliked than SSSS.

SSSS gets good grades, and BBBB doesn’t, but BBBB tends to get allies and friends whereas SSSS is more socially isolated.

This must be a pattern that has existed since Socrates and Confucius taught school.

Now Dem Asses are on the verge of nominating Elizabeth Warren the high-IQ Harvard professor as their candidate against Trump. I’m pretty sure liberal media will be trumpeting (pun intended) how smart and qualified Warren is versus Trump. The media never learned their lesson with Hillary Clinton, and they’ll be repeating their mistake again.

Can’t the Democrats just offer a Normal candidate?

Remember FDR and his fireside chats?

How come you smart asses don’t remember the best-ever Democrat president?

FDR never talked over the heads of his listeners. He went to Harvard and Columbia, but you can’t tell from his speeches.

The way I see it, we’re in for a lose-lose.

If Trump is impeached and removed, Pence becomes president.

Pence is liked and supported by his religious fans. He comes across as a mild, normal guy to people who don’t know better. He’ll beat Warren and her far left pandering in an election.

And now we’re stuck with a president whose political science textbook is his bible. (As opposed to someone whose bible is her political science textbook.)

If Trump is not impeached and not removed, he gets to contest the next election versus Elizabeth Warren.

I don’t see Hillary Clinton II beating Trump in the electoral college, so Trump is going to be president until 2024.

Oh well, I have nothing to lose, since I don’t live stateside anymore. Maybe I should get another citizenship, so that I don’t have to pay the IRS.

It’s so irritating.

On one hand, there are people saying I’m a Nazi and a Russian troll whenever I criticize the liberals.

On the other hand, I get right wing folks cussing me out as a ‘fucking moron’ and talking about my ‘lack of education’ whenever I try to talk some sanity about keeping religion out of government and guns out of public places.
https://www.blacktowhite.net/thread...efore-trump-gets-impeached.92341/post-2701716
https://www.blacktowhite.net/thread...efore-trump-gets-impeached.92341/post-2701390

This is the kind of reason I’m not living in the USA anymore. Education and educators hardly get any respect in the USA. And we’re expected to be the good guys with guns.

The political right thinks that open carry in schools is a good idea.

The political left welcomes all kinds of illegal immigrant ******* who don’t have any basic English into schools, then forces us to adhere to their SJW agenda.

In other countries we don’t get this nonsense in schools.

It’s so irritating.

On one hand, there are people saying I’m a Nazi and a Russian troll whenever I criticize the liberals.

On the other hand, I get right wing folks cussing me out as a ‘fucking moron’ and talking about my ‘lack of education’ whenever I try to talk some sanity about keeping religion out of government and guns out of public places.
https://www.blacktowhite.net/thread...efore-trump-gets-impeached.92341/post-2701716
https://www.blacktowhite.net/thread...efore-trump-gets-impeached.92341/post-2701390

This is the kind of reason I’m not living in the USA anymore. Education and educators hardly get any respect in the USA. And we’re expected to be the good guys with guns.

The political right thinks that open carry in schools is a good idea.

The political left welcomes all kinds of illegal immigrant ******* who don’t have any basic English into schools, then forces us to adhere to their SJW agenda.

In other countries we don’t get this nonsense in schools.

your story changes more than the weather.....makes it hard to take someone serious

Back