R.I.P. CRAIGSLIST

It just went down in NH too. Too bad, we've had success finding bulls on CL and had a lot of fun with them. One less outlet to find guys now.

Right but I mean ******* is run amuck on sites like it causing Congress to make crazy law holding the site accountable for actions occurring on it. If nobody was using the site for illegal gains, there would be no need for the law ;)
i won`t discuss here in depth, if there is a need for such a law or not, but in my opinion there is no such need. Also there are other means to go after actual criminals instead of threatening site operators who themselves take no actions that can rightly be labeled "criminal". jm2ct`s

just did a screenshot of a Miami's craigslist

TcTL2GS.jpg
Click on one of the personal links and you will see a message saying they have taken it offline due to Congress passing a law holding sites accountable...

Actually, you could do like they do in China and some other places to get past the censors. Post in code in some of the lesser used spots. Kinda like the whores do when they ask for "roses". You have to be subtle to avoid getting flagged, but it could work.

Like in Services Sought:
Need Plumber to Snake Pipes
Suburbanites need someone familiar with urban plumbing. Stuborn clog, 30 year old home. Having a get together Saturday, so need work ASAP. Send qualifications.

You know what is really pathetic about this. Congress will pass a law "which subjects websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (you or anyone else) unlawfully misuse online personals", yet they won't do similar when it comes to guns. This just goes to show how much power the NRA and gun lobbyists have over our politicians. If Congress is trying to "protect" people, shouldn't they pass a similar law that would hold gun sellers subject to criminal and civil liability should a gun they sold be unlawfully misused? I wonder how may times there have been mass sexual assaults where one person was able to sexually assault 17 innocent victims in under an hour. Web sites don't sexually assault people, people sexually assault people.

Back