Political discourse

SCBlknNsty

Male
Gold Member
From
SC, US
Today I started reading some of the discussions and did NOT like what I saw. Regardless of leaning, what makes it right to insult an American citizen for their views? I do lean Democratic. That does NOT mandate I am stupid, as some suggest. Just as it isn't right to call someone the same for voting for Trump. As a veteran and civil service employee, as a matter of HONOR I support each of your individuality, but in all honesty, the lack of same scares the hell out of me as I see our not resolving our differences being the true Destructor of America; yes, I believe it is coming, and coming from within.

The decay of America, the targeted hollowing of its values, is multi-generational. We can no more prevent it than we could prevent the forward-moving path of a tank.

Like the tank scenario, if you get in the way, you will be "stampeeded" by stupidity and fear.

Best thing to do is pretend to agree with whatever poor sap, politely nod, and continue to plan a survival strategy.

Best thing to do is pretend to agree with whatever poor sap, politely nod, and continue to plan a survival strategy.
That's NOT a strategy of USA survival, its a strategy of foreign suppression. As citizens, we can't tuck tail and run when the challenges before us attack the very essence of who we are as a country. There have been many "davids" who have overcome "Goliath" challenges throughout this world's history. This is certainly a time, in US history, where we must stand up for what we believe. Those who challenge the rights & safety of the citizens of this country must be stopped.
What if all the doctors & nurses on the front lines of this covid 19 decided to do as you suggest ... we'd be in a hell of a bigger mess than we are right now with this fight of survival, wouldn't we. What if our military come upon another army twice or three times its own size, and decided to lay low until the enemy passed by? Andrew, if you're a citizen of this country, it may be time for you step up and challenge. Splitting this country into polarized halves to cause "unrest" is simply showing us WHO our true enemies are. We won't turn tail & run from this ... where you from, Andrew?

... and those TANKS you speak of, well, they WILL TURN,
as a man only known as "Tank Man" proved in June, 1989.
Would YOU be brave enough to do this for something you
strongly believed in? He stopped FOUR tanks all by himself
and never asked for anything in return ... look it up!

pic_TankMan-Tiananmen Square.jpe ....................... Maybe this is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to challenge your True Beliefs.

Last edited:
Today I started reading some of the discussions and did NOT like what I saw. Regardless of leaning, what makes it right to insult an American citizen for their views? I do lean Democratic. That does NOT mandate I am stupid, as some suggest. Just as it isn't right to call someone the same for voting for Trump. As a veteran and civil service employee, as a matter of HONOR I support each of your individuality, but in all honesty, the lack of same scares the hell out of me as I see our not resolving our differences being the true Destructor of America; yes, I believe it is coming, and coming from within.
The biggest problem in America today is that each side considers the other to be completely evil or completely stupid. As a result, it is impossible for Americans to pull together against a common threat.

I think they're still asking for a mod. I have no idea what the process is, but I would second you if you wanted to do that.

The biggest problem in America today is that each side considers the other to be completely evil or completely stupid. As a result, it is impossible for Americans to pull together against a common threat.
Its called political polarization ... started with Newt Gingrich 2 decades ago. Both sides of politics have their own "extreme views". The Tea Party drove the stake to the heart of the issue with their "my way or the highway" style of negotiating with the moderate Republicans. They had the Koch Bros funding them back then, so they were quite powerful in the primaries. They'd run a Tea Party Republican against a seated moderate Republican, unseat them, then go to Washington with the same idea in Congress. It totally dismantled the Republicans old guard and they still haven't recovered.
Same thing could happen to the Democrats ... hopefully Democrats have been paying attention.

Its called political polarization ... started with Newt Gingrich 2 decades ago.
Same thing could happen to the Democrats ... hopefully Democrats have been paying attention.
Absolutely! Gingrich.
Before that, you saw pictures and videos of Reagan laughing with Tip O'Neil. Gingrich made it personal.

I agree 100%. I grew up in the south and guess i got the long straw. My ******* and grandfather both owned more than one company. Because of that they were very active in politics. I'm sure they contributed to more than one politician. It was not uncommon to sit down to Sunday dinner with a mayor, senator, governor or some other politicians. Sometimes several from both sides of the isle. Men of both major political parties eating Sunday dinner together. Why not many times they played golf on Saturday, possibly arguing policy the whole time. They didn't appear to let the political issues get between friendship. I remember sitting on daddy's knee with a argument going on in his den where they all went for a ******* and a smoke. If it got too loud i had to leave. I always suspected after my absence the conversation changed to a different subject. Dad always s said politics was the art of compromise, i think these days it's more like the art of war. For you younger ones it's not your fault it's been going down hill for about four decades. If they gave them gloves or guns it could be put on pay per view, we could pay off the national debt

i think these days it's more like the art of war. For you younger ones it's not your fault it's been going down hill for about four decades. If they gave them gloves or guns it could be put on pay per view, we could pay off the national debt
You obviously haven't given serious consideration as to how much $25 TRILLION dollars is. That's a lot of zeros there ... sweetheart.
It'd have to be an on-going event for many years for the people to pay off $25 Trillion watching Republicans & Democrats eliminate themselves.
We are slowly entering a abyss to no easy recovery. Not sure where that number is but I've read around $40 trillion is the magic number. Who knows. What we do know is that once the economy totally collapses, everything gets "revalued" and lots of things simply disappear.
It might be a good time to have some investments holdings in precious metals ... gold & platnum. Even a modest $25,000 holding in gold would balloon to 10 times its value in a matter of weeks or days, and paper money ... practically useless.

None of us knows how much national debt is too much national debt, because nobody on the planet does. The US can print more money and pay off debt whenever it wants, at the cost of inflation.... maybe?

We're in control of the world's major reserve currency (e.g. oil exports are paid in USD), which gives the US absurd leverage, and we're the major importer of manufactured goods from countries like China, who hold massive amount of USD in reserve themselves.

If we started deliberately devaluing the dollar, China would respond by buying more dollars to reduce supply, or they'd devalue the Yuan, or both, since they need their export market to function.

You obviously haven't given serious consideration as to how much $25 TRILLION dollars is. That's a lot of zeros there ... sweetheart.
It'd have to be an on-going event for many years for the people to pay off $25 Trillion watching Republicans & Democrats eliminate themselves.
We are slowly entering a abyss to no easy recovery. Not sure where that number is but I've read around $40 trillion is the magic number. Who knows. What we do know is that once the economy totally collapses, everything gets "revalued" and lots of things simply disappear.
It might be a good time to have some investments holdings in precious metals ... gold & platnum. Even a modest $25,000 holding in gold would balloon to 10 times its value in a matter of weeks or days, and paper money ... practically useless.
A while back, before the pandemic, I saw the deficit was 24 trillion and that the amount of currency in circulation was 1.8 trillion. Now I do not know if printing out the amount of currency in circulation (that is, doubling) would halve the value of the dollar, but if so....then we can print our way out of the deficit and the dollar's value would fall to what is currently called "seven and a half cents". Of course, it would be wise for the United Sates to change its name (The Solvent States of a America or the "SSA") at that point so no one will know it was the old USA.

Attachments

• Zimbabwe_Hyperinflation_2008_notes.jpg
    Zimbabwe_Hyperinflation_2008_notes.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
A while back, before the pandemic, I saw the deficit was 24 trillion and that the amount of currency in circulation was 1.8 trillion. Now I do not know if printing out the amount of currency in circulation (that is, doubling) would halve the value of the dollar, but if so....then we can print our way out of the deficit and the dollar's value would fall to what is currently called "seven and a half cents". Of course, it would be wise for the United Sates to change its name (The Solvent States of a America or the "SSA") at that point so no one will know it was the old USA.
Something quite interesting that you'll appreciate ....

Can't see any doubt there, can you?
Mac

Something quite interesting that you'llts the economy. ate ....

Can't see any doubt there, can you?
Mac
I read the article. I am not sure to what extent the President affects the economy. So much depends on external circumstances. FDR's growth of GDP may be due to his beginning in the Depression and ending with WW2. G W Bush was a fiscal disaster and began the tradition of annually increasing the debt by 1 trillion dollars each year...a tradition kept alive by Obama and Trump.

Back