Old Country Songs With Cuckold Themes

I wonder how many guys around my age range, (Mid 50’s) grew up hearing all the old cheating and drinking Country songs that were very popular during the late 60’s and all throughout the 70’s?
Most cheating songs told the story from a macho guys standpoint such as Mel Street’s “Lovin’ On Back Streets” or Johnny Duncan’s “It Couldn’t Have Been Any Better” for example.
However, I didn’t realize it back at the time, but there were a couple of songs recorded in the middle 70’s by an artist named Gary Stewart that have a lot of cuckold themes to them. While they don’t mention anything about interracial, the basic cuckold principles still apply.
One is called “Drinkin’ Thing” In it, he sings about drinking a lot in order to not think about how his young wife is out somewhere cheating on him.
The other, called “She’s Actin’ Single, (I’m Drinkin’ Doubles)” is very similar, with the exception being he mentions he notices men looking at his wife whenever they are out somewhere. She looks back and flirts and if he asks, she just says they are an old friend.
While he didn’t personally write those songs, his wavering high pitched voice sounded like a perfect match for the songs subject matter. Surely I’m not the only one who thinks about these songs in a much different light as an adult am I?

Not really country but worth listening to for the cuckolding theme.

Jim Croce - Maybe Tomorrow
Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
Robert Cray - Playin' In The Dirt
Robert Cray - Porch Light
Robert Cray - Right Next Door
Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do

Back