Music

I see where you're coming from but I think newer (2010s) music isn't as bad as people think it is. I agree that at times some artists rush to put out music e.g Future (who's a bit hit or miss for me) but other artists still take their to time to craft great bodies of work e.g Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean.

I appreciate the diversity of current music in the sense that although it's not all stuff that I enjoy at least there's a wide range to choose from. The fact that Drake, Kendrick,Death Grips, Danny Brown and Future can coexist in modern hip-hop is amazing and that's ignoring other genres. Radiohead, Tame Impala, D'Angelo, The XX, At Vincent, Bon Over and a slew of other artists have all dropped amazing projects this decade too.

I also think nostalgia plays a part in preferring older music too but that's just my 2 cents.

What's your favourite Weeknd project btw? I love House of Balloons and Thursday

I was considering stuff within the last few years and some artist put out some good stuff but really on the rap stage it's not up to par when put against stuff that was great or at least imo.

It may be mainstream but I love Starboy and the music video.

I was spinning a few beats last night and had some Texas in the house. They wanted to hear this beat, so this is dedicated to all the members from Texas.

Back