Most Overrated/Underrated President

How is the USPS a monopoly, Torp? They compete with UPS & FedEx, but are restricted to an entirely different set of rules than those competitors, plus they're Federal employees. FedEx and UPS have entered more modern forms of document management that the USPS hasn't (ie. FedEx Kinko). And, UPS & FedEx have swung deals with the USPS for "last mile" deliveries to rural more expensive route, (ie. FedEx SmartPost & UPS Mail Innovation). USPS is restricted to a flat rate across the country whereas FedEx and UPS aren't. And most importantly, thanks to Darrell Issa, they have to prefund their retirement plan 75 years into the future in a much shorter time period; I believe it was like 10 years. What other companies do you know that have to play by those rules? The USPS has a lot of unused buildings around the US; at last count it was over 150 vacant postal properties. I don't understand why they haven't unloaded some of those. Also, the USPS delivers billions (with a B) of mail to vacant properties, another major cost cutter.

I'd say our government (aka-Republicans) is simply trying to run USPS out of business is all.
The USPS has a monopoly on First Class mail and bulk mailing. They also have sole access to Post Office Boxes which as far as I know is unique in the world.

Back