INTERESTING STUFF

Some ish is too nerdy even for me.🤣🤣🤣
No worries aging nerd here bro. Reposting this mostly here from another thread just in case others appreciate my slant on things...

Even if I had the desire and the will to become a GM it will be impossible as what is required is to travel to other parts of the world and defeat other masters in other Chess federations around the world. Something that is not really do-able during the pandemic. In high school, I was blessed to have a teacher who was a chess master and after several beatings, I managed to beat him once. That day school ended early and I went to play a few games but my sensei challenged me and I accepted. It was an arduous 2.5 hours and he resigned where I had a passed pawn closer to Queen before his could. He was a science teacher of Quebecois descent and he stormed back into the Chemistry lab in the back that only teachers could access as it had a variety of chemicals for experimentation and equipment. Me and two of my chess pals were stunned watching at my victory and in the background, there were the unmistakable sounds of beakers being broken and his swearing-in French. He was a good sport and congratulated me afterward. The next day at the school all the other teachers congratulated me for kicking his butt. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of the best and most magical times ever. And he never forgot me especially when my younger sibling had him as a teacher, by reflex as soon as he heard the surname he asked about me. 🤗:ROFLMAO:(y) That year I also won the school chess championships too as it further motivated me to devour and books of chess strategy I could find in the libraries back then as there was no internet at that time.

Also here is a Black GM Americans are blessed to have playing speed chess. Watch him tear apart a hustler in NYC that even tried to cheat on him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

No worries aging nerd here bro. Reposting this mostly here from another thread just in case others appreciate my slant on things...

Even if I had the desire and the will to become a GM it will be impossible as what is required is to travel to other parts of the world and defeat other masters in other Chess federations around the world. Something that is not really do-able during the pandemic. In high school, I was blessed to have a teacher who was a chess master and after several beatings, I managed to beat him once. That day school ended early and I went to play a few games but my sensei challenged me and I accepted. It was an arduous 2.5 hours and he resigned where I had a passed pawn closer to Queen before his could. He was a science teacher of Quebecois descent and he stormed back into the Chemistry lab in the back that only teachers could access as it had a variety of chemicals for experimentation and equipment. Me and two of my chess pals were stunned watching at my victory and in the background, there were the unmistakable sounds of beakers being broken and his swearing-in French. He was a good sport and congratulated me afterward. The next day at the school all the other teachers congratulated me for kicking his butt. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One of the best and most magical times ever. And he never forgot me especially when my younger sibling had him as a teacher, by reflex as soon as he heard the surname he asked about me. 🤗:ROFLMAO:(y) That year I also won the school chess championships too as it further motivated me to devour and books of chess strategy I could find in the libraries back then as there was no internet at that time.

Also here is a Black GM Americans are blessed to have playing speed chess. Watch him tear apart a hustler in NYC that even tried to cheat on him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

It's always something I wanted to learn. The strategy involved I find really interesting

It's always something I wanted to learn. The strategy involved I find really interesting
Nothing stopping you my man @Leebro , as chess is the easiest to learn (the rules). Anyone can learn the game within a half hour or so, but to play it well likening each piece as an instrument in an orchestra. That takes years of committed long term study where you want to face a master as I once did or if you are fortunate to face someone of a higher caliber.

I could get you started right here with the rules. If you are interested in learning more I could recommend some books too. And nowadays there are oodles of chess sites and there are some International Masters and Grandmasters that have a presence online too should you wish to buy their books and courses too.

Last edited:
One of my favorite Young Thug Interviews. It paints him in a "Human Being" manner VS. him being a Music Superstar. Alot of Interviews within the Rap/Hip-Hop scene are not taking similar approaches, especially at the bigger platforms, and seem a bit out of touch. Sometimes these ppl will ask Artists, who have Open cases, about those Cases/what happened like every Human doesn't has a depth to them.

Back