I am a white m0ther with a white teenage s0n

I have a crazy question. Well, Ive been divorced from my husband for a few years now and a black guy at work is totally interested in me but I keep blowing him off due to the fact that I have a teenage white s0n. Is it wrong to date a black man when you have a white male s0n?
What's exactly bothers you about your s0n? Would it be any difference if the guy from work was white?

If you're attracted to him and he makes you feel good, then you should totally seize the opportunity and date him.
Parenting teen boys requires patience and empathy, as well as self-compassion, but at the end of the day, it is your life and the responsibility on choosing partners is yours.

Today teenagers are way more mature than we think they're. So, even if he won't fully understand your emotional and sexual needs as a woman, I'm sure he will appreciate the man who puts back the smile in his mom's face after a hard divorce.

What's exactly bothers you about your s0n? Would it be any difference if the guy from work was white?

If you're attracted to him and he makes you feel good, then you should totally seize the opportunity and date him.
Parenting teen boys requires patience and empathy, as well as self-compassion, but at the end of the day, it is your life and the responsibility on choosing partners is yours.

Today teenagers are way more mature than we think they're. So, even if he won't fully understand your emotional and sexual needs as a woman, I'm sure he will appreciate the man who puts back the smile in his mom's face after a hard divorce.
good advice

Would it be a problem dating a white guy instead? Or is everyone here saying she shouldn't date anyone until he's graduated and out of the house.

I don't see a problem with this at all. It's an adult looking to move into another possible relationship. It would be the same for any single parent out there.

Last edited:
I have a crazy question. Well, Ive been divorced from my husband for a few years now and a black guy at work is totally interested in me but I keep blowing him off due to the fact that I have a teenage white s0n. Is it wrong to date a black man when you have a white male s0n?

For a ******* every new man is from beginning a Problem. Undepend which skin colour. My opinion is that Younger people are mostly more Open minded than older ones. I don’t Think that the skin colour is basicly a Problem. But be sure that u show Only a man after its going into a serios relationship. Otherwise Its Always a uncompfortable Situation for your *******.

In my case,i've been "dating" for 2 years with 5 african boys that are ALL younger than my 2 t e e n sons

Back