******* by black slaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much of American history. so, what happened in the old times when a white woman gave birth to a baby by one of her slaves ? was he free ? was he given away to be raised slave ?

For the most part they were sent away in the south by the wife’s family sometimes sold into slavery. Other times killed because the white master assumes she was raped

You can read the book White Women, Black Men by Martha Hodes, who gives a detailed history on this subject, even prior to Bacon's Rebellion. According to her, and with actual historical records to back it up, those children born of a white mom who was a free woman would be free born. Of course, equal and fair treatment were most definitely not the case for these children in many places. If the mom were free born, regardless of race, her children were, also. If the mom were a slave, then so were her children, regardless the race of the *******.

A very disgusting part of our nation's (and many others) history. But it should be taught so that people can, hopefully, understand the gravity of the situation in which folks were ****** to exist in those times. And for those existing in terrible situations even in our own time.

Many of the folks who moved from the east and settled in the less desirable (at that time) mountainous regions colonies were actually these very folks, often mixed European, African and Native American descent. Some DNA testing has been done on the Chestnut Ridge people common around Philippi, West Virginia, as well as other, so-called Melungeon people, and it was found that the predominant paternal, or Y-chromosome ancestry, is African American, while the predominant maternal, or mitochondrial X, is European. Like many other people in the Appalachian area at the time, mixed ancestry seemed to be not as uncommon as some would think.

It's a good read if this is a topic you have a lot of interest in. Much of her sources are from testimonials of people at the time in the south, both courthouse documents and periodicals. She seems to have put a great amount of effort into her research when putting her book together. I hope that you and others check it out, Driller.

AND, i hope that i'm not in violation of any rules for promoting someone's book on the subject. If i am, i most certainly apologize for my offence...and HOPE that it's not a ban-worthy one.

For the most part they were sent away in the south by the wife’s family sometimes sold into slavery. Other times killed because the white master assumes she was raped
Thanks to Hand Solo and Chris95 for the information. I will try to find Hodes's book. Chris95, I didn't 'like' your message because it's rather for crying out loud. So the 'like' would be inaproprate. But thanks for the info, bro.

I don't know much of American history. so, what happened in the old times when a white woman gave birth to a baby by one of her slaves ? was he free ? was he given away to be raised slave ?
In most cases the slave that impregnated the white women would have been killed, and it was custom for them to cut off the slaves penis and his testicles while they hung him. Very rarely would that baby be allowed to live. In some rare cases, a male baby could have been used as a house slave. If the baby was female, she was most dftl kept as a house slave ,but her life would have been difficult indeed. Her slave master ******* would have to live with a visual indication of his wife's infidelity with a slave!! In those times this would have been utter embarrassment. Most mixed house slaves were raped repeatedly by their slave master fathers

In most cases the slave that impregnated the white women would have been killed, and it was custom for them to cut off the slaves penis and his testicles while they hung him. Very rarely would that baby be allowed to live. In some rare cases, a male baby could have been used as a house slave. If the baby was female, she was most dftl kept as a house slave ,but her life would have been difficult indeed. Her slave master ******* would have to live with a visual indication of his wife's infidelity with a slave!! In those times this would have been utter embarrassment. Most mixed house slaves were raped repeatedly by their slave master fathers
Thanks, bro. I admit there are diffs between African and American Blacks. Everyone has his own pride. But we should learn more from each other. I hang out with some guys in the neighborhood where I leave. But we don't to talk about this stuff. I have a lot to learn to see things through a clearer glas. So I can share your feelings.

No question bruh, I dftl agree with you. It's hard to talk with anybody about real life issues none the less a young black man. You know what they say...If you want to hide something from a black person you have to put it in a book... I hate this saying ,but it's true. Education has not been on the agenda of many blacks for a long time. Having discussions like this about our history, and anything dealing with our prior state or future is something that needs to spread more through our community

In your opinion, do you think Blacks could've fought slavery?

Oh most dftl!! Our ppls biggest enemy back then was not our white counterparts, it was ignorance, and fear. Ignorance kept us blind...fear kept us under control!!

Well said, man! Sometimes I wonder what life would be if Blacks would've fought slavery. I would love to see a movie, television show, or even read a book showing this alternate timeline!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back