Are JayZ & Beyonce racist?

Are Jay-Z & Beyonce racist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since they just released their new album and I know people's feelings about them are divided racially so I'm curious.

If you want to stop racism we need to stop talking about it, we need to stop differentiating between it and we need to stop claiming superiority over others and stop demanding special treatment because of it. Otherwise we might as well all move back to our own corners of the world and remain segregated. We are all human and deserve to be treated equally.

I would have votes #3 also, but could only vote once.

If you want to stop racism we need to stop talking about it, we need to stop differentiating between it and we need to stop claiming superiority over others and stop demanding special treatment because of it. Otherwise we might as well all move back to our own corners of the world and remain segregated. We are all human and deserve to be treated equally.

While that's a nice sentiment and would perhaps be the ideal situation in an idealized world, that's of course not the world we live in. Failing to highlight and address racism would likely be exactly the tool some needed to continue to operate, manipulate, and commit the Faustian machinations that place humans on separate and unequal rungs of the socioeconomic ladder. And it would be nice if we stopped differentiating based on race, but that's not likely or even feasible. Because the bottom line is that we ARE different. That's part of the spice of life. It's why certain kinks and websites exist.;)

And it would be nice if we stopped differentiating based on race, but that's not likely or even feasible. Because the bottom line is that we ARE different. That's part of the spice of life. It's why certain kinks and websites exist.

Exactly right, we are different. We are different - but need to be treated equal. I think that is were most people get confused. Some people think that we should be treated different because we are different. Racism will always be a part of life I'm afraid. The best we can hope for is to educate and teach equality, even if one don't like the other.

equal treatment yes,... IGNORING it.. no.

I have not listen to the album at this time but respect the people behind the music. I don't seek special treatment just equal but who am I to show people what someone like myself goes through at times. IT is very entertaining indeed and the stories that go unnoticed.

yeah, just stop talking about it...its that simple because not verbalizing it removes the mentality...

We didnt get anywhere by not talking about things. We made progress by talking about things. This falls in line with that "I don't see color" nonsense

4gP1Hjn.png

yeah, just stop talking about it...its that simple because not verbalizing it removes the mentality...

We didnt get anywhere by not talking about things. We made progress by talking about things. This falls in line with that "I don't see color" nonsense

View attachment 1929456

I don't expect everyone to agree, but perhaps I am not communicating properly. Again you are confusing "not talking about it" with "ignore". There is a huge difference. Obviously we can't ignore the problems. The issue of racism needs to be discussed yes - but we don't need to consistently use race as a crutch, excuse, or identify race as a reason for success or a reason for failure. To me, pointing out that a person is "black" or White", for a non-statistical reason, is raciest. For example, which two of these statements sound racist;
* "John Doe is a great political leader"
* "John Doe is a great Black political Leader"
* "John Doe is a great White political Leader"

To me, the first statement makes race irrelevant to the fact that John Doe is a great political leader. Pointing out someones race when it is in fact irrelevant prevents people from thinking they "archived" or "Failed" due to their race. Anytime one race is imposed as superior to anther is racism. So pointing out ones race suggest that their "race" is why they are a great political leader.

I'll give you another example but with feminism, in my line of work a company I work with wanted "more females" in their engineering department. They are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on training and over time because they can not fill those spots. The feminist claim it is because the company is sexist - all while "ignoring" the FACT that the majority of women just do not want that job. And they are " talking about it", that is all they do, bicker back and forth, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on over time and training from a revolving door of women that decide they don't want that job and all the while creating resentment, animosity, hurt feelings, and low moral among their employees. It is not sexism to have a department full of men if women don't want the job, but because this little molehill is constantly thrown in everyone's face, it becomes a mountain.

WHITE cop shoots unarmed BLACK man << What does that headline say to you? most likely a black man will automatically assume racism and wouldn't even bother investigating the story to find the truth. Which is what the media wants.

Cop Shoots unarmed man << Now this headline might entice a person to actually investigate the story and they may find that the shooting was justified, or not. If it is not justified, then we need to discuss if it was because it was a racist cop or just a trigger happy one, or perhaps it was a terrible accidental shooting. The color of their skin should not automatically justify - or un-justify the shooting. So why point it out in the headline?

Yo
I don't expect everyone to agree, but perhaps I am not communicating properly. Again you are confusing "not talking about it" with "ignore". There is a huge difference. Obviously we can't ignore the problems. The issue of racism needs to be discussed yes - but we don't need to consistently use race as a crutch, excuse, or identify race as a reason for success or a reason for failure. To me, pointing out that a person is "black" or White", for a non-statistical reason, is raciest. For example, which two of these statements sound racist;
* "John Doe is a great political leader"
* "John Doe is a great Black political Leader"
* "John Doe is a great White political Leader"

To me, the first statement makes race irrelevant to the fact that John Doe is a great political leader. Pointing out someones race when it is in fact irrelevant prevents people from thinking they "archived" or "Failed" due to their race. Anytime one race is imposed as superior to anther is racism. So pointing out ones race suggest that their "race" is why they are a great political leader.

I'll give you another example but with feminism, in my line of work a company I work with wanted "more females" in their engineering department. They are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on training and over time because they can not fill those spots. The feminist claim it is because the company is sexist - all while "ignoring" the FACT that the majority of women just do not want that job. And they are " talking about it", that is all they do, bicker back and forth, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on over time and training from a revolving door of women that decide they don't want that job and all the while creating resentment, animosity, hurt feelings, and low moral among their employees. It is not sexism to have a department full of men if women don't want the job, but because this little molehill is constantly thrown in everyone's face, it becomes a mountain.

WHITE cop shoots unarmed BLACK man << What does that headline say to you? most likely a black man will automatically assume racism and wouldn't even bother investigating the story to find the truth. Which is what the media wants.

Cop Shoots unarmed man << Now this headline might entice a person to actually investigate the story and they may find that the shooting was justified, or not. If it is not justified, then we need to discuss if it was because it was a racist cop or just a trigger happy one, or perhaps it was a terrible accidental shooting. The color of their skin should not automatically justify - or un-justify the shooting. So why point it out in the headline?

No one is using it as a crutch :)
Blacks are getting killed by police at higher rate. FBI in 2006 spoke of KKK infiltration into police *******.
But I do have some questions for you?
Why isn't a white male who shoots up a mass amount of people not labeled a "terrorist"?
Too often we see people of color murdered by cops and you ever ask how it get that far?
May 2018, Matt Barker left a baby in the car... no charges? You would guess baby negligence and he be charged but no.. she was just the adoptive black baby.
Eric Garner broke up a fight and was illegally choked to death. let's not speak on the officer who was on the scene who had lawsuits on fondling males' private areas in public.

Dylann Roof killed people in a church why was he not labeled a "terrorist"? Shooting up a church or mass amount of people would make him one right but I bet if he look different it may have sticked :) Let's not forget a SENATOR was killed that night but it not common knowledge for MOST. We need not speak on why. It was just swept under the rug.

Equality is all people are asking but do you see the double standards when it comes to white and black at all regardless of color it suppose to be about protecting Americans right?

I wouldn't not be surprised if some of what I say is new to some but I am open to discuss it all.

I didn't say "IGNORE" now did I? I said to stop talking about it, there is a difference.
Morgan Freeman is hitting on something, basically we need to stop the separation of all people. I believe that God created Adam and Eve thus we all come from them. I don't think African American's is a proper way to describe black people born in America. If that is the case than I am English American because my ancestors came here on the Mayflower. Mike Wallace would be a Jewish American. On this site people are pushing for mixed children, I think that is wonderful but! A mixed baby will no longer be African American or English American, they will be American period. If every single American could take SELF out of the whole equation racism would cease to exist.

Morgan Freeman is hitting on something, basically we need to stop the separation of all people. I believe that God created Adam and Eve thus we all come from them. I don't think African American's is a proper way to describe black people born in America. If that is the case than I am English American because my ancestors came here on the Mayflower. Mike Wallace would be a Jewish American. On this site people are pushing for mixed children, I think that is wonderful but! A mixed baby will no longer be African American or English American, they will be American period. If every single American could take SELF out of the whole equation racism would cease to exist.

“In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate.”

Toni Morrison

your term "English American" amused me for it is not a term I am used to hearing and would say this is not common to hear. What this site pushes is fantasy more than anything else. There are real people who are what they say they are and then you have cartoon caricatures.

What term would you use for African American?
I am interested to hear...

American because if born here that is what we are American, why single out black people? As soon as you mix a black man and a white women and have a brown baby, what is the baby? A mixed American? And say it is a boy and he grows up and mates with a white woman, what do you call that baby! A tan American? There are many white Americans out there today that have African ******* in them. They are White and many Black Americans have some White *******. As for me you could rightly call me a Mongrel America because I have English, Scottish, Irish in me and maybe Indian.

American because if born here that is what we are American, why single out black people? As soon as you mix a black man and a white women and have a brown baby, what is the baby? A mixed American? And say it is a boy and he grows up and mates with a white woman, what do you call that baby! A tan American? There are many white Americans out there today that have African ******* in them. They are White and many Black Americans have some White *******. As for me you could rightly call me a Mongrel America because I have English, Scottish, Irish in me and maybe Indian.

Million dollar question?
What is white?
:)

Exactly!

I love asking this question. It was introduced to this question by a social experiment by an Asian guy and it made go through a whirlwind of emotions. When an American is harmed we should all be concern not when only the person harmed look like us or someone in our family.
You are absolutely correct I am defined as not Black, Asian, Indian, or any of the other colors of people in our world. Technically I am Caucasian (or other than black). I feel that I myself think I am not racist. But on this site as we get into the superiority aspect I see a great deal of reverse racism and also racism cloaked behind self chastisement by the inferiority complex of white men calling themselves white bois and sissies. I am not judging anyone's sexual desires but racism against yourself is still racism.

Back