anyone got any thoughts about reicarnation?? or if it’s real. 20M TN.

Why are you following me around commenting on my posts, something you complain about when it happens to you? Why it's almost like you're a hypocrite. Are you trying to get another thread shut down?
If you notice, Pomroy, I was on this thread before you. In fact, you are here because of me, butt face. I bet the first thing you do when you visit this site is to see what posts I've made or to see if I'm on-line. To be honest, I'm outgrowing this place. Been here quite a while and really have more family and job related objectives right now. So, it may not be long and I may ride off into the sunset with you as an annoying experience. How's that?

You really do have some mental attachment to me, don't you? Man, I've never had a guy have the "hots" for me.
Tell you what, let's plan that Louisville date so you can erase me from your memory?

Please quit annoying me you little, chubby grubworm.

Last edited:
Instead of the term 'soul' substitute 'energy'. Science postulates energy is never destroyed, only converted. We know the body has thermal and electrical energies, are there other types?
I don't know 'bout that; referring to the Queen & King of Soul, Aretha Franklin & Ray Charles, as "energy" almost sounds blasphemous to me. gif_yellowball-laughing3.gif

Last edited:
I was on this thread before you. In fact, you are here because of me, butt face.
No, I came here to comment on the topic of the thread. You'll notice I said nothing of any post of yours....meanwhile you have commented twice about me.

chubby grubworm.

Stop calling people names. Are you trying to get another thread shut down the way you have so many others?

The idea that was a "scientific" study is laughable. MacDougall only looked at 6 people. Two of them he couldn't weigh due to technical troubles. Of the four he managed to weigh, one lost weight and then gained it back (soul got kicked outa heaven??) Two lost some weight and then continued to lose more (were those bodies schizophrenic? Was there a bunch of people's souls all in one body having an orgy?)

MacDougall chose the one and only of the 6 cases where the data fit his preconceived notion and declared victory. When one knows the answer they want, they can easily cherry pick data to create the result they desire.

The sad part is almost 120 years later there's still suckers born that buy this crap.

Indeed. Any study consisting of 6 people will always be a joke. And even if the study included 20,000 people and the results were conclusive, a 21 gram or even 20 pound loss of mass after death doesn't have to be proof of a soul.

I've always been highly sceptical and an atheist since the age of 14. I always really enjoyed science and how much it seemed to empower the human race. For a long time my thoughts were, if there was a way to live longer than our typically allotted 60 to 110 years, science would be the way.

A few things have caused me to SERIOUSLY draw this into question of late and it's kind of caused me a bit of an existential crisis.

The first is the importance of consciousness in the laws of physics. The second is reincarnation and near death experience studies. And the third and most important is that the most powerful and wealthy people in the world almost never use their close knit networks or resources for life extension research. Most of them also seem to be very religious/spiritual (although that spirituality seems to be quite evil and involves things like dark rituals, it is a form of spirituality and belief in an afterlife nonetheless).

You don't become a billionaire or maintain billions by being an idiot. Most billionaires lifestyles seem to indicate that there are things in life they very much enjoy and savor. The idea that they would all willingly throw it all way to age and die at about 80 seems illogical. To me this says conclusively that they know something about our existence that would make life extension pointless and possibly dangerous.

Back