anyone got any thoughts about reicarnation?? or if it’s real. 20M TN.

It is one of the main premises of Buddhism. At the moment of death you are reincarnated into a new life. It may not be a new human life, but some sort of living thing.

There was a scientific study published in 1907 by Duncan MacDougall, a physician from Haverhill, Ma. MacDougall hypothesized that souls have physical weight, and attempted to measure the mass lost by a human when the soul departed the body. His study found it weighed 21 grams. His study was done on 6 dying persons. According to his study humans have a soul and it weighs around 21 grams.

There was a scientific study published in 1907 by Duncan MacDougall, a physician from Haverhill, Ma. MacDougall hypothesized that souls have physical weight, and attempted to measure the mass lost by a human when the soul departed the body. His study found it weighed 21 grams. His study was done on 6 dying persons. According to his study humans have a soul and it weighs around 21 grams.

That's a little more than 1/2 ounce
Don't know about reincarnation. However, I'm intrigued in the existence of the soul.

Last edited:
The idea that was a "scientific" study is laughable. MacDougall only looked at 6 people. Two of them he couldn't weigh due to technical troubles. Of the four he managed to weigh, one lost weight and then gained it back (soul got kicked outa heaven??) Two lost some weight and then continued to lose more (were those bodies schizophrenic? Was there a bunch of people's souls all in one body having an orgy?)

MacDougall chose the one and only of the 6 cases where the data fit his preconceived notion and declared victory. When one knows the answer they want, they can easily cherry pick data to create the result they desire.

The sad part is almost 120 years later there's still suckers born that buy this crap.

Hebrews 9:27
Modern English Version
27 As it is appointed for men to die once, but after this comes the judgment,
Hmmm...this from the same bible that claims the second coming was going to happen before the generation Jesus was talking to all died.

Luke 21:32-33
"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away"

So either:
  1. the second coming happened and we all missed it
  2. there's some REALLY old fucker running around here that was alive during Jesus' claim
  3. all that bible stuff was really just a bunch of semi-ignorant humans with little knowledge of science trying to make sh1t up to explain things they couldn't understand.
I'll take what's behind door number 3 Monty...

Are you familiar with the novelist Dan Brown? He wrote Angels and Demons, turned into a Tom Hanks film. His book "Origin" contains a passage based on a early 2000 European study. I listened to the local library's audiobook so I don't have it hardcopy, but it gave the title and specifics of the study if you're interested...

i’m just wanting some opinions of what you all think
Its just makes sense that IF reincarnation was true, then your current "self" is a reincarnation from something else. And if you can't recall what you were reincarnated "from" then there is no reason to give reincarnation a second thought. Think of it as sort of extreme Alzheimer.

Last edited:
Hmmm...this from the same bible that claims the second coming was going to happen before the generation Jesus was talking to all died.

Luke 21:32-33
"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away"

So either:
  1. the second coming happened and we all missed it
  2. there's some REALLY old fucker running around here that was alive during Jesus' claim
  3. all that bible stuff was really just a bunch of semi-ignorant humans with little knowledge of science trying to make sh1t up to explain things they couldn't understand.
I'll take what's behind door number 3 Monty...

that is about the events of AD 70

I think it's one of those things we all hope for. Because we need hope in one form or another.
The reality is just too bbc. Black I mean :censored::rolleyes::smoke:
I think I would have more faith in the soul than getting reincarnated. I'd think if we are reincarnated, we'd know the prior body (anim.al, reptile, whatever) we were in prior to our current status, right? Maybe not ... requires way too deep of thinking.
When I was a kid I use to hear mom from their bedroom sometimes call out "Oh God I'm coming". So that kind of says, yeah, there might be a soul.
I mean we know Barry White, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Supremes, Temptations all had soul. And Aretha Franklin was the queen of soul, right?

Last edited:
I think I would have more faith in the soul than getting reincarnated. I'd think if we are reincarnated, we'd know the prior body (anim.al, reptile, whatever) we were in prior to our current status, right? Maybe not ... requires way too deep of thinking.
When I was a kid I use to hear mom from their bedroom sometimes call out "Oh God I'm coming". So that kind of says, yeah, there might be a soul.
I mean we know Barry White, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Supremes, Temptations all had soul. And Aretha Franklin was the queen of soul, right?
Instead of the term 'soul' substitute 'energy'. Science postulates energy is never destroyed, only converted. We know the body has thermal and electrical energies, are there other types?

Instead of the term 'soul' substitute 'energy'. Science postulates energy is never destroyed, only converted. We know the body has thermal and electrical energies, are there other types?
There's several other types of energy such as chemical and nuclear.

The First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed between forms. Never thought I'd hear someone ignorant enough to try to use that as an evidence for a "soul" surviving after death. Sure, your body has thermal energy. That thermal energy is gradually dissipated over a few hours through conduction, convection and radiation to your surroundings....technically that is going on your whole life, but the metabolic processes in your body are constantly making more thermal energy (by converting stored chemical energy from what you ate). Once you stop generating more thermal energy, you gradually assume room temperature....just like your car engine does after you turn off the key...the first law of thermo, doesn't mean your car engine's soul escapes every time you park in the driveway and it cools down.

There's also potential energy trapped in your body in other forms such as air pressure due to gasses produced through metabolic processes. Those gases can be trapped for a while after death before escaping. As Nurse Krud said in Student Bodies: "Dead Men Tell No Tales, But They Fart!" Wait....THAT'S gotta be the soul escaping!!!!

Back