White couples getting together to raise black babies

her body, her choice.
I got a mixed race daughte r, hubby is white. See no problem to raise the baby together
Of course the most important for the white couple is the love they have for each other. However it is difficult to explain to their relatives (friends, family, co-workers) the color of the baby. If they are totally in love and they are able to assume their choice, it would be no problem. Later they will have to explain to the young boy/girl why he/she isn't like them.

nice. tell us some of the challenges.
The most obvious was the reaction from our respective families. Next were our friends and coworkers. Last are the looks, and sometimes the things folks will say in public, but not what you'd think. No one says anything negative, but the assumption is that my wife's baby is adopted by us so she/we would get compliments about how good we are to adopt a baby. That would piss off my wife, and it got to point where she'd get indignent and say, "she's not adopted," or "she's, my baby."

The most obvious was the reaction from our respective families. Next were our friends and coworkers. Last are the looks, and sometimes the things folks will say in public, but not what you'd think. No one says anything negative, but the assumption is that my wife's baby is adopted by us so she/we would get compliments about how good we are to adopt a baby. That would piss off my wife, and it got to point where she'd get indignent and say, "she's not adopted," or "she's, my baby."
i get it

We get negative comments
Wish we had got that adopted assumption
Everyone knows that she pregnant with

Back