UK military wives

During my idle moments, I often cast my mind back to the 80's and my introduction whilst living in married quaters at RAF Brize Norton.
It really was a heaven sent period, a massive military base with all three forces housed their and of course a few American military ?
Due to the concentration of fit young men a lot of married women (if not all! lol) were indulging in extra marital activities and were really having the time of their lives.

Just wondered if there were any others here from around that time?

During my idle moments, I often cast my mind back to the 80's and my introduction whilst living in married quaters at RAF Brize Norton.
It really was a heaven sent period, a massive military base with all three forces housed their and of course a few American military ?
Due to the concentration of fit young men a lot of married women (if not all! lol) were indulging in extra marital activities and were really having the time of their lives.

Just wondered if there were any others here from around that time?
bet you got some interesting stories

I was at Brize Norton from my marriage in 1985 until my ex husbands posting away in late 1988 I met my conversion to the dark side in Jan 1986 I lived in a married quarter second floor flat in Stanmore Crescent. As I've explained in previous posts, I was struggling carrying my shopping home whilst my husband was away on a long exercise when a American Adonis spotted me struggling, he offered to help and I offered him a cup of tea! So very British lol

I never made that tea, and the people in the flat below must have wondered what I was doing dragging that kitchen table across the floor so violently, couple that with my exctasy/pain screams that must have thought there was a ******* going on lol,,,,, no looking back from there!

Back