• Total voters

BigBlackBull76

Male
Staff member
Real Person
Gold Member
From
VA, US
Whooo, after that Wilder vs. Ortiz 2 bout which had an amazing finish with Wilder successfully defending his title for the 10th successful time, his name has started entering the talk of one of the GOATs.

We should break the poll out by weight classes, but for now list your thoughts on the boxing GOAT, and provide your supporting facts on why.

You get two votes, also let me know if someone is missing from the poll list.

I choose Muhammad Ali for all his social fights and knock outs outside the ring as well as inside.

Ill come back and post my dissertation on Ali’s life accomplishments or let others do it which im sure they will but my 2nd choice is Wilder.

Consider these facts, Wilder has knocked out 40 out of 42 with a 41-0-1 record of for fights and almost had a TKO against Tyson Fury which was ruled a draw. Everyone wants to see that rematch because many feel Tyson outboxed him but he almost KOd the guy.

Wilder is also referred to as the ‘John Wick’ of boxing where the power-puncher is oft-seen as a knockout artist alone, but there have been great technical advancements to his fighting style over the years.

Yes, he knocks out 95% of his opponents, the highest percentage ever recorded in heavyweight history, ranking him above renowned hitters like Vitali Klitschko (87%), George Foreman (84%), and Mike Tyson (76%).

With that crazy Gold Road Warrior outfit Wilder came to the ring wearing he needed to get a knockout or else look like some circus act bozo and get clowned for what he just had on.

E4E3C2E5-D326-416A-B9C7-18171FF68182.jpegD805D681-6510-4483-9707-BC7C0521D141.jpegBE3D1DCD-E081-4A85-AC27-8B2F62714477.jpeg19423C82-A758-436E-8A96-81877E3A3DC1.jpeg30B26D79-72DF-4190-A715-865C1DB692D8.jpeg

For those who might say Wilder hasnt faced anyone tough, he went toe to toe for 12 rounds against Fury.

Last edited:
Rocky Marciano 49 fights 43 knockouts only Heavyweight champion to finish his career undefeated. Sides he was from my hometown.

Muhammad Ali be my second choice for all your reasons and always wished those two had fought. Woulda been maybe the greatest fight of all time.

Rocky Marciano 49 fights 43 knockouts only Heavyweight champion to finish his career undefeated. Sides he was from my hometown.

Muhammad Ali be my second choice for all your reasons and always wished those two had fought. Woulda been maybe the greatest fight of all time.
Evander Holyfield, George foreman?
Noted - I added those guys to the Poll list and re-opened so you can change your votes.

This is so disrespectful to the boxing legends!! Wilder are you kidding? Wilder looks technically terrible no real footwork, weak head movement, He crosses hit feet, he backs up in straight lines, and has awful balance. As he ages waiting for that one punch will only get harder his conditioning has to stay on point he will always lose on the cards all the time.

You inexplicably left off Sugar Ray Leonard and Roy Jones Jr, both of who I consider having the most complete package of boxing skills technique deadly accuracy footwork showmanship and punching power of all of them. These two are better than most of that list you put up there!

Also I would add the hawk Julius Jackson one of the best knockout artist he just never got mainstream shine like these other guys

Muhammad Ali is the Greatest boxer in history. He has my 1st vote. Ali's legacy in and out of the ring speaks for itself.

Floyd Mayweather has my 2nd Vote. There hasn't been a better textbook, clinical boxer is his own era. You'll often hear jabs, and complains about floyd "running". He's one of the greatest defensive boxers ever. The point of his style is to avoid being punched in the face, and he does it masterfully.

Honorable Mention: Iron Mike Tyson. Tyson was the most feared boxer in the sport. Strength and Savagery. The count against Buster Douglas was slow. Tyson SHOULD have won that fight, and was robbed. Then, he was further robbed of a part of his life and career, by a hoe who was looking for a quick cash grab. Mike didn't assault anyone.

Theres my 2 cents

Back