"The Donald"

Only downside isbif elected as president and hopefully only doing one term we will have to calculate the magnitude or damage created by his policies while in office; I assume it will be incalucable

I predict Carson & Fiorina will be the GOP ticket because Republicans have NO IMAGINATION! And that is scary, for sure, as there are so many sheep voters these days.

That was post 30 in the Why vote for Trump thread if you want to go edit/cover your tracks.
For Pete's sake, h-h, I was being sarcastic with the Carson & Fiorina ... if you'll read it ALL ... as "typical Republican thinking" ... put a black and a woman on the ticket to win ... and you thought I was serious? Geeesh, get a grip.

For Pete's sake, h-h, I was being sarcastic with the Carson & Fiorina ... if you'll read it ALL ... as "typical Republican thinking" ... put a black and a woman on the ticket to win ... and you thought I was serious? Geeesh, get a grip.

Get a grip yourself...I was commenting on your prediction of Trump out before new years. Thought that was pretty self explanatory:

Here's one of yours from back in Oct telling us how he'll drop out before new years:

These words will still be here when Trump drops out of the Presidential race before New Year, so I WILL BE saying ... "I told you so!"

Lol
For some reason this cartoon reminds me of a song by T. Graham Brown, "I Tell It Like It Used To Be!"
After last night's debate on Fox TV, I can honestly add that the Republican participants only reinforced the words of that song .... all about the past and "nothing" about the future! Oops! Sorry, The Donald did reference one element of his anatomy that most, if not all, reasonable people could care nothing about. Other than that the debate was an insult to intelegence of all of humanity not just to the electorate of that great country, "The United States!"

The speech yesterday by Mitt Romney and the rebuttals by The Donald only reinforces what all reasonable people already knew, and know, the Republican Party "is a fractured party". All Republican's should extend "THANKS FOR THIS" beginning with "Mitch McConnell!"

Last edited:
Sigh...I manage to stomach the debates and all the while although amused I was bewildered by one particular candidate. John Kasich. Although I wouldn't consider myself a republican or conservative I was in awe at how sensible and rational his responses were. From foreign policy, to his credentials serving on the armed forces committee, to his take on immigration reform. Trump is a 12 car pile up and everyone is rubber necking, Rubio spells like washington politics he os the poster boy for the establish, Cruz is an obstructionist who if elected will deal with obstructionist himself no in will what to cut a deal with him. Kasich, for whatever comes off sane, collected and reasonable and I believe if he was given the nomination he would have been a credible threat to hillary. Reason being is that he can definitely appeal to libertatians, and moderates bc he has fiscal conservative agenda coupled with limited govt intrusion into personal life.

.... Both parties have ugly histories of ties to the KKK. However a quick scan of this shows a good bit more Democrats than Republicans:
.....You should know I wasn't even referring to the "history" of the parties, just taking another jab at Donald Trump. I'm sure we can go back into the post Civil War era and find just about anything, but, modern day politics started in the late 1950s with the Dixiecrats, and further redefined itself with the beginning of Reaganomics presidency.
.....Something tells me that die hard Republicans and conservatives are going to vote for Donald Trump regardless of who the other candidate is offered; the parties are that polarized. Republicans could have Hitler as their GOP candidate and the majority of Republicans would vote for him rather than consider any Democrat. But, I feel our modern politics is fixing to take another hard turn in the next decade or so.

Probably a former Robert Byrd voter...

Robert Byrd, long time Democrat Senator, former Democrat Senate Majority Leader, often proclaimed by Dems as the Conscience of the Senate....Oh and Exalted Cyclops of the KKK.

Both parties have ugly histories of ties to the KKK. However a quick scan of this shows a good bit more Democrats than Republicans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_members_in_United_States_politics

I just read the article in Wikipedia you referenced. What bothers me about your referenced information is that the opening headline reads, and I quote: "This article discusses notable figures in U.S. national politics who were ALLEDGED to have been members of the Ku Klux Klan prior to their public careers."

I have purposely capitalized, for reference sake, the word "ALLEDGED", other than that the entire sentence is a copy and paste from that article.

While some references in the article may be correct, others are based on suspicion, rumour or just lies. Whenever I look up and or seek a reference and see the word "ALLEDGED" I drop it like a hot potato. Consequently I consider the entire article BS. I'd also suggest that it's about time everyone, in all walks of life, leave the word "alleged" to the politicians. After all it is "ALLEDGED" that they never tell the truth anyway!

Sigh...I manage to stomach the debates and all the while although amused I was bewildered by one particular candidate. John Kasich. Although I wouldn't consider myself a republican or conservative I was in awe at how sensible and rational his responses were. From foreign policy, to his credentials serving on the armed forces committee, to his take on immigration reform..... Kasich, for whatever comes off sane, collected and reasonable and I believe if he was given the nomination he would have been a credible threat to hillary. Reason being is that he can definitely appeal to libertatians, and moderates bc he has fiscal conservative agenda coupled with limited govt intrusion into personal life.
pic_ThumbsUp.jpg .....I agree 100% with this observation ... I said, further back in this thread that I would consider John Kasich as President, and still do. He's really the last of the so called Moderate/Establishment contenders running. He really does have ethical and moral fabrics that the other 3 bozos don't have. I hope he stays in, and more people notice him.

I just read the article in Wikipedia you referenced. What bothers me about your referenced information is that the opening headline reads, and I quote: "This article discusses notable figures in U.S. national politics who were ALLEDGED to have been members of the Ku Klux Klan prior to their public careers."

I have purposely capitalized, for reference sake, the word "ALLEDGED", other than that the entire sentence is a copy and paste from that article.

While some references in the article may be correct, others are based on suspicion, rumour or just lies. Whenever I look up and or seek a reference and see the word "ALLEDGED" I drop it like a hot potato. Consequently I consider the entire article BS. I'd also suggest that it's about time everyone, in all walks of life, leave the word "alleged" to the politicians. After all it is "ALLEDGED" that they never tell the truth anyway!

If you did read the article, you saw it was broken into two sections. One being people with pretty solid evidence they were in the Klan. There's zero doubt about several...hell, Theodore Bilbo admitted it live on Meet the Press!

I was throwing out a joke about Mac's Klansman being an old Robert Byrd voter. Well Byrd WAS an Klansman. He admitted it many times over the years. He tried to apologize for it later in his career. Of course he did filibuster the 1964 Civil Rights Act. And that was back when you had to be a real man and talk continuously to pull off a filibuster. Not like today where it is generally a procedural thing, blocking a vote. Old Robert stood in front of the Senate and talked for 14 hours and 13 minutes straight to block a vote on the civil rights act.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

The bottom section of that article listed two "alleged" members, where the data is pretty sketchy. One was Republican president Harding, and the other Democrat president Truman.

Your considering the entire article BS based on one word, alleged, in it strikes me as typical of so much political discussions I see from both sides of the aisle. People all too often look at fact/data/evidence and they see things they want to see, ignore things they disagree with, and decide...gee here is solid proof my view was right all along!

I loved his answer on gay marriage, it was poignant and true to what a real constitutionist stands for which is essentially no govt shall in any way impose religious or social policies unto any group unless those equities and liberties afforded to that particular group infringes upon other groups. Cruz in under the impression that our fonding fathers based their framework on christian values which is ironic to me bc almost every single one of them owned slaves and may not have encourage the mass murders of native americans they def did nothing to stop it. Not to mention jefferson and franklin were vehement atheist lol. But I digress, Kasich is viable presidential nominee in my mind those other yahoos don't measure up, none of them have the endurance let alone the temperament to be commander andnchief

If you did read the article, you saw it was broken into two sections. One being people with pretty solid evidence they were in the Klan. There's zero doubt about several...hell, Theodore Bilbo admitted it live on Meet the Press!

I was throwing out a joke about Mac's Klansman being an old Robert Byrd voter. Well Byrd WAS an Klansman. He admitted it many times over the years. He tried to apologize for it later in his career. Of course he did filibuster the 1964 Civil Rights Act. And that was back when you had to be a real man and talk continuously to pull off a filibuster. Not like today where it is generally a procedural thing, blocking a vote. Old Robert stood in front of the Senate and talked for 14 hours and 13 minutes straight to block a vote on the civil rights act.

http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

The bottom section of that article listed two "alleged" members, where the data is pretty sketchy. One was Republican president Harding, and the other Democrat president Truman.

Your considering the entire article BS based on one word, alleged, in it strikes me as typical of so much political discussions I see from both sides of the aisle. People all too often look at fact/data/evidence and they see things they want to see, ignore things they disagree with, and decide...gee here is solid proof my view was right all along!

I sure did read every word in the article and as I previously stated, give little credence, pro or con, albeit the articles emphasis on the word "alleged". I just despise any written review/article when that word is included to describe anyone or anything.

@Drillher4me I understand what your saying but lets put one thing into consideration: you are an elected official and a public figure. With the multitudes of people on capital hill how often do you hear someone being affliated with hate groups/racists? Its simple math to me maybe its pure spectulation or allegations after all its the internet but you are the company

@Drillher4me I understand what your saying but lets put one thing into consideration: you are an elected official and a public figure. With the multitudes of people on capital hill how often do you hear someone being affliated with hate groups/racists? Its simple math to me maybe its pure spectulation or allegations after all its the internet but you are the company

I appreciate your comments however, perhaps because of my life experiences and vocation, never have nor never will, give any credence or utilize references whose material is based on "alleged" as their source of information.

The 2016 U.S. Presidential Race: A Cheat Sheet
Can Trump be stopped? And if so, is it better for Republicans to clear the field, or to keep as many candidates in as possible?

ref: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/2016-election/384828/

excerpt: "The race is on to stop Trump. But with the Republican candidate starting out in the pole position—or is it the poll position?—his rivals will have to play a frantic game of catch-up to have any hopes of victory.

There’s been a rapid shift over the last week. The old anti-Trump hope was that a candidate, probably Marco Rubio, would be able to consolidate the rest of the Republican field and deprive Trump of the 1,237 delegates he needs to clinch the nomination. But after Rubio’s disastrous Super Tuesday, the great hope has shifted from consolidation to splintering. “I don’t think consolidation is the path forward; I think that was a December option,” Republican strategist Stuart Stevens told my colleague Ron Brownstein this week. “I think people other than Donald Trump winning delegates is the answer, and that is better achieved not through consolidation.”

In other words, the goal is to keep as many candidates in as possible, so as to drive down Trump’s margins. The end game is probably a bitterly contested convention in Cleveland in July, which could be disastrous. That is, assuming the #NeverTrump brigades can take it that far. Nate Cohn has run the numbers and thinks that if Trump’s Super Tuesday voting patterns hold, he can win the nomination.

The March 5, 6, and 8 elections are really just appetizers for the two big main events: Florida and Ohio, on March 15. Those are Rubio’s and Kasich’s home states, respectively. Both have promised they will win their own state. Both will have a hard time justifying a continued candidacy if they can’t. And, incidentally, the most recent polls show both trailing Trump in their respective states. Those states are winner-take-all when it comes to delegates, rather than the proportional allocation used so far. But Cohn writes that Trump could clinch the nomination even if he can’t win either of those states. Beware the ides of March."

The 2016 U.S. Presidential Race: A Cheat Sheet
Can Trump be stopped? And if so, is it better for Republicans to clear the field, or to keep as many candidates in as possible?

ref: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/2016-election/384828/

excerpt: "The race is on to stop Trump. But with the Republican candidate starting out in the pole position—or is it the poll position?—his rivals will have to play a frantic game of catch-up to have any hopes of victory.

There’s been a rapid shift over the last week. The old anti-Trump hope was that a candidate, probably Marco Rubio, would be able to consolidate the rest of the Republican field and deprive Trump of the 1,237 delegates he needs to clinch the nomination. But after Rubio’s disastrous Super Tuesday, the great hope has shifted from consolidation to splintering. “I don’t think consolidation is the path forward; I think that was a December option,” Republican strategist Stuart Stevens told my colleague Ron Brownstein this week. “I think people other than Donald Trump winning delegates is the answer, and that is better achieved not through consolidation.”

In other words, the goal is to keep as many candidates in as possible, so as to drive down Trump’s margins. The end game is probably a bitterly contested convention in Cleveland in July, which could be disastrous. That is, assuming the #NeverTrump brigades can take it that far. Nate Cohn has run the numbers and thinks that if Trump’s Super Tuesday voting patterns hold, he can win the nomination.

The March 5, 6, and 8 elections are really just appetizers for the two big main events: Florida and Ohio, on March 15. Those are Rubio’s and Kasich’s home states, respectively. Both have promised they will win their own state. Both will have a hard time justifying a continued candidacy if they can’t. And, incidentally, the most recent polls show both trailing Trump in their respective states. Those states are winner-take-all when it comes to delegates, rather than the proportional allocation used so far. But Cohn writes that Trump could clinch the nomination even if he can’t win either of those states. Beware the ides of March."

We, your Northern neighbours, are bemused, saddened, in awe, disparaged, gravely unsettled, and sadly concerned about the current political atmosphere within the U.S. The current political situation in the U.S. has caused a global awareness and concern. This is something that not only the global community is paying close attention too but also every man and woman within the U.S. boarders should also take note. Sadly the "Party of No" bears full responsibility for their own difficulties, if not their demise.

Back