Super Bowl 50 and beyond...

BBC ONLY CPL

Couple
Staff member
Real Person
Gold Member
From
USVI
Does anyone else feel the Super Bowl should be played on a Saturday?

From the last playoff game to SB they have 2 weeks off, and I think 13 days to prepare is more than enough time (actually too much time off for the players). But my suggestion for this is not for the players, its for me and the fans.

Super Bowl is the 2nd largest party day/evening of the year (New Years Eve being the 1st).. who wants to eat, *******, be merry and gamble the night before work? (assuming most have a Mon - Fri job)
Super Bowl "Monday" has one of the highest absenteeism rates from any day of the year.. from well, see above.

And time zones, I will add, has a huge part in this. East coast gets fucked for every major sporting event.. a 6:30pm start time for SB results in a 11:00pm end time (game + awesome commercials).. west coast starts and ends SB in day light. (Lived there so I know) I, now living in the Atlantic time zone, get to watch SB from 7:30pm until after midnight if I can stay up that long.. which brings me back to the moral of the story... the Super Bowl needs to be played on a Saturday where everyone has an opportunity to party like they want to, in any time zone, and still have a day to recuperate.. and the negative impact to the NFL is zero.. and all the SB players get to end their season one day early.. its a win win situation.

It is incredibly hard changing tradition. NFL Football is synonymous with Sunday (or MNF), and the tradition is that people love a good Sunday football spectacle! Personally, my Saturdays have anyways been way too busy running errands and getting ******* done. Sundays are just more relaxing... Perfect for a great game!

'Remember the football sabbath and keep it holy' ;)

It's not the NFL fault that people get hammered during the game lol

It is incredibly hard changing tradition. NFL Football is synonymous with Sunday (or MNF), and the tradition is that people love a good Sunday football spectacle! Personally, my Saturdays have anyways been way too busy running errands and getting ******* done. Sundays are just more relaxing... Perfect for a great game!

'Remember the football sabbath and keep it holy' ;)

It's not the NFL fault that people get hammered during the game lol

All valid points.. Enjoy the game!

It's always ALL about the money in every sport, not the convenience of the fans. I definitely agree the S-B game ought to be on a Saturday, 2 weeks after the last playoff game, and the regular season should be at least 1 game fewer than what they play now. One reason I quit following baseball ... the season just goes on and on, as do basketball & hockey. I prefer my sports to be seasonal distinctive.

Guess it might have to do with not fitting the 15 year incremental narrative structure!

Cam Newton is somewhat Clumsy! Manning out-manned him all the way!
This wasn't about Manning or even Newton, it was about a awesome Bronco Defense ... and all those Panther turnovers. There's an old saying in the NFL that goes "Great Defenses Win Championships" ... this was proven once again.

See the Congratulations & Condolences in the other NFL thread ... gif_Yellowball-CRYINGTears4.gif

This wasn't about Manning or even Newton, it was about a awesome Bronco Defense ... and all those Panther turnovers. There's an old saying in the NFL that goes "Great Defenses Win Championships" ... this was proven once again.

See the Congratulations & Condolences in the other NFL thread ... View attachment 772622
Then re-read what I stated! This is about Super Bowl 50 and Beyond! Yes,Turnovers caused by Clumsy Newton and great job of Manning who is Superior to being a much better Man! Praise to the other players on the Bronco Team too but Manning deserves the most praise and you all know that I am right so keep your stray comments to yourself! That's an Order!

See the Congratulations & Condolences in the other NFL thread ... View attachment 772622

True. Steel Curtain & those Lawrence Taylor led defenses. Purple People Eaters. I forgot quite a few

No biggie, we aren't Hall of Fame voters lol.

The Purple People Eaters, like the Rams' Fearsome Foursome of the 1960's, get lost in the historical shuffle because they didn't win a championship.

Here's something to think about when considering greatest defenses: does one dominat part make it great, or is it the totality of those 11 guys? A great pass rush can mask deficiencies in the secondary, a secondary with great cover corners can create a lot of coverage sacks, a dominant run defense makes an offense one dimensional and can allow a defense to concentrate on pass defense etc, etc. Plus, with the rules of today's NFL tailored to the offense, specifically the passing game, would the 1985 Bears or the Steel Curtain be as dominant in this era? Just some food for thought.

Very true, great defenses do win championships, Seahawks proved it when they defeated the Broncos in Superbowl 48.

No biggie, we aren't Hall of Fame voters lol.

The Purple People Eaters, like the Rams' Fearsome Foursome of the 1960's, get lost in the historical shuffle because they didn't win a championship.

Here's something to think about when considering greatest defenses: does one dominat part make it great, or is it the totality of those 11 guys? A great pass rush can mask deficiencies in the secondary, a secondary with great cover corners can create a lot of coverage sacks, a dominant run defense makes an offense one dimensional and can allow a defense to concentrate on pass defense etc, etc. Plus, with the rules of today's NFL tailored to the offense, specifically the passing game, would the 1985 Bears or the Steel Curtain be as dominant in this era? Just

Those Broncos cover all the checkpoints. Great pass rush with great corners on the outside & can stop the run. Not to mention the hard hitting safeties.

I know what u mean cause I'm a Ravens fan & right now we can stop the run & pass rush (way better when Sizzle returns). Once we upgrade our secondary I think we're gonna make some noise again.

Back