Red flag laws

Your missing the point Mac. Under some red flag laws people can falsely accuse, and you have to fight back legally whereas in the first place it shouldn’t have happened to begin with
So, you know some real "for instances" of the police confiscating someone's weapons over another individual's accusation and NOT giving them their weapons back? These individuals have any priors of weapons abuse, misconduct, or mental issues? If you do know of some cases, did you read the entire details of the cases?
Where do you get your information ... from a conservative source? NRA publication? etc?
I can understand the need of a Red Flag law ... I think you are making way more out of it than is necessary.

If, if, if, if .... its a word you conservatives can't live without. Where I live, IF (that word again) I fired my shotgun to ******* a rabid ******* in the neighborhood, I'm fairly sure that both my neighbors AND the police would "thank me".
Now, IF ( that damn word again) I was walking down our street discharging my guns in the air , yes, the police would probably confiscate my weapons until after my trial date. I'm not sure I'd get the weapon (s) I was firing back ... but, then I'd deserve not getting them back.

Hey Mac check out “project veritas” if you haven’t ever heard of it...might not search google but other platforms. Your all about sources that’s about as sourcefull as it gets

Under some red flag laws people can falsely accuse, and you have to fight back legally whereas in the first place it shouldn’t have happened to begin with
You seem to like hypotheticals. Lets use an example unrelated to the Red Flag ... you're sitting at home watching TV and enjoying a nice *******, and you get a knock at the door and its your local police. They come in and basically say your neighbor's 6 year old has accused you of molesting her. Do you think you're going to get to finish that ice cold beer and finish watching that program, or do you think you're going to probably be handcuffed and taken down town to be questioned?
Hopefully, you're treated with respect as you are led out to the patrol car in front of ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. So, even though you're totally innocent of the charges, who's rights have been violated? Who's going to have to live with the embarrassment the rest of their life?
Another hypothetical ... you're a black man getting into your car at 11 PM at night at a SevenEleven and the police show up, and arrest you (handcuffing you in front of everyone), search your car, and take you down to the station ... as the news rolls on TV, its a mistaken identity and you're released. Yet, you've been humiliated and embarrassed in front of thousands ... were you treated fairly? Rights violated?
If, if, if, if .... how many more examples of abuse of power here before you see where I'm coming from? Just saying ...

Last edited:
You seem to like hypotheticals. Lets use an example unrelated to the Red Flag ... you're sitting at home watching TV and enjoying a nice *******, and you get a knock at the door and its your local police. They come in and basically say your neighbor's 6 year old has accused you of molesting her. Do you think you're going to get to finish that ice cold beer and finish watching that program, or do you think you're going to probably be handcuffed and taken down town to be questioned?
Hopefully, you're treated with respect as you are led out to the patrol car in front of ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS. So, even though you're totally innocent of the charges, who's rights have been violated? Who's going to have to live with the embarrassment the rest of their life?
Another hypothetical ... you're a black man getting into your car at 11 PM at night at a SevenEleven and the police show up, and arrest you (handcuffing you in front of everyone), search your car, and take you down to the station ... as the news rolls on TV, its a mistaken identity and you're released.
If, if, if, if .... how many more examples of abuse of power here before you see where I'm coming from? Just saying ...

The difference here Mac, is the examples you gave are actual crimes to report falsely, red flag laws don’t protect the accused rather than the accuser. There is no repercussions for “feeling” like somebody “might” be dangerous

You know, blkdlaur, one of these days you're going to actually post something meaningful to the conversations, and I'm afraid I'm going to miss it simply because you've NEVER posted anything meaningful in the forums before.
Your posts are a wasted of space, here ... sorry to be so blunt. Maybe its just your immaturity ... but my 15 year old is more mature than you.

Says U ;}

FYI ... because you use this word incorrectly so frequently.
homophones (words that sound alike but are spelled differently ...
Mac, Since you decided to become the homophone police a while back, I thought you might like to know "who's" the person on here "whose" English is setting new "precedents" in improper use of homophones yet again....
You keep falling back to the 2nd Amendment and listening to the NRA, who's only solution is to give everyone guns so they can protect themselves from irresponsible gun carriers.
who's rights have been violated?

The issue at hand here is using more gun laws to try to enact safety. Everyone knows it doesn’t and don’t work but they push the agenda and narrative because their ultimate goal is full confiscation. No they won’t come door to door but they will keep passing laws until it virtually makes all current law abiding citizens felons unless they turn them over.

And
Another hypothetical ... you're a black man getting into your car at 11 PM at night at a SevenEleven and the police show up, and arrest you (handcuffing you in front of everyone), search your car, and take you down to the station ... as the news rolls on TV, its a mistaken identity and you're released. Yet, you've been humiliated and embarrassed in front of thousands ... were you treated fairly? Rights violated?

And for the record Mac before defending what your inglorious Democrats are trying to do look at “their” definition of “assault weapon”. It basically defines every gun besides a single shot shotgun and old fashioned musket. Why? Because when tyranny starts they know the fully automatics vs shotguns won’t stand a chance. By then it’s to little to late.

The framers wanted us to be armed because they didn’t trust the government - those that want to disarm honest law abiding citizens run counter to the people that created this country and tried to protect it from runaway government which the left advocates - idiotic but they call it progressive :|

"Yeah, this thread is starting to make more sense, now ... wow ... yeahhhh ... its starting to become very CLEAR to me now ... I just needed to get on your levels of thinking in here. OH WOW .... yeah ... I'm understanding NOW .... "

.......................................... gif_SmokingDope3.gif

Smug lefties always feeling superior - ALWAYS believing they know best - damn good thing they’re in the MINORITY : }

And

And for the record Mac before defending what your inglorious Democrats are trying to do look at “their” definition of “assault weapon”. It basically defines every gun besides a single shot shotgun and old fashioned musket. Why? Because when tyranny starts they know the fully automatics vs shotguns won’t stand a chance. By then it’s to little to late.
Oh he knows the definition. He was schooled on it here where I showed the Ohio Democraps were trying to pass a bill that would outlaw the 22 Remington you grew up plinking cans with as an "assault weapon". Mac won't admit he knows better because he doesn't like the "precedent" that would set....

The major restrictions on AR & AK style guns could be avoided if you'd just sit down and talk it out.

OK, I'll bite. Here is YOUR chance Mac - Lets pretend you and I are the law makers of this fine country. I want to here YOUR legal proposition that will guarantee my right to KEEP my AR-15, and PREVENT mass shootings. What law will do that, I want to here it.

And for the record, no, the NRA hasn't told me the Democrats want to ban all guns, they have done that themselves. Let me refresh your memory...

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.” Andrew Cuomo

I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step.” Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA

Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.” Senator Diane Feinstein, 1993

“I don’t care about crime, I just want to get the guns.” Senator Howard Metzenbaum, 1994

“My bill … establishes a 6-month grace period for the turning in of all handguns.” U.S. Representative Major Owens, Congressional Record, 11/10/93

“People who own guns are essentially a sickness in our souls who must be cleansed.” Colorado Senator (Majority Leader) John Morse. 2013

“No one in this country should have guns.” Superior Court Judge, Robert C. Brunetti, Bristol, CT. September, 2013

“I am one who believes that as a first step, the United States should move expeditiously to disarm the civilian population, other than police and security officers, of all handguns, pistols, and revolvers… No one should have the right to anonymous ownership or use of a gun.” Professor Dean Morris, Director of Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, stated to the U.S. Congress

I can continue if you like.

OK, I'll bite. Here is YOUR chance Mac - Lets pretend you and I are the law makers of this fine country. I want to here YOUR legal proposition that will guarantee my right to KEEP my AR-15, and PREVENT mass shootings. What law will do that, I want to here it.

And for the record, no, the NRA hasn't told me the Democrats want to ban all guns, they have done that themselves. Let me refresh your memory...

“Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.” Andrew Cuomo

I think you have to do it a step at a time and I think that is what the NRA is most concerned about. Is that it will happen one very small step at a time so that by the time, um, people have woken up, quote, to what’s happened, it’s gone farther than what they feel the consensus of American citizens would be. But it does have to go one step at a time and the banning of semiassault military weapons that are military weapons, not household weapons, is the first step.” Mayor Barbara Fass, Stockton, CA

Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.” Senator Diane Feinstein, 1993

“I don’t care about crime, I just want to get the guns.” Senator Howard Metzenbaum, 1994

“My bill … establishes a 6-month grace period for the turning in of all handguns.” U.S. Representative Major Owens, Congressional Record, 11/10/93

“People who own guns are essentially a sickness in our souls who must be cleansed.” Colorado Senator (Majority Leader) John Morse. 2013

“No one in this country should have guns.” Superior Court Judge, Robert C. Brunetti, Bristol, CT. September, 2013

“I am one who believes that as a first step, the United States should move expeditiously to disarm the civilian population, other than police and security officers, of all handguns, pistols, and revolvers… No one should have the right to anonymous ownership or use of a gun.” Professor Dean Morris, Director of Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, stated to the U.S. Congress

I can continue if you like.

Please do..look back to the last few weeks at quotes from Harris booker sanders etc..

Back