PRC Propaganda claims USA has 100x the death rate of China from Covid!

I have no doubt that China's civil service is absolutely top-notch.

But I still firmly believe that the most dangerous aspect of government is corruption, not inexperience. As soon as a small fraction of the population has control and power, they really do not want to give it up, and they will be looking to benefit themselves, not others.

One of the most effective state leaders through the COVID-19 crisis was the New Zealand PM. She was first elected to parliament in 2008, and is only 40 years old. Why was she so effective? I think it's because New Zealand has a free and democratic society, and she was able to speak honestly and act rationally to what was happening.

In both the US and China, we have very, very influential small groups of people who do not reward honesty, and who deliberately try to limit rational responses to crises of various kinds.

I agree that China's current leadership is far more competent than the US's leadership, but I don't think either has the average citizen's welfare in its heart. And I think we could both do better.

I would like to say that I agree with you, and to a limited extent I do. The Chinese system does ensure a degree of competence and expertise in daily government. 70, 80 percent of US administration officials are below par because they’re political appointees and professional talkers rather than doers. (This figure rises to 99% when it comes to the Trump administration.)

But I still can’t wrap my head around a system where the people have no or minimum rights, and the officials are gods who cannot be questioned except by higher gods in the pantheon.

By all means praise your country guimoyingji, but this is the same Chinese communist party that launched:

The Land Reform Movement, which was basically Stalin’s mass killings of kulaks except in bigger numbers

Hundred Flowers campaign to ‘encourage’ liberal thinking which was actually intended to identify and destroy the entire liberal or independent educated class

Numerous so-called ‘anti-rightist’ campaigns where millions were killed or sent to concentration camps (called euphimistically labor camps)

The Great Leap Famine, in which 30 million died (is this even taught in your schools, guimoyingji?)

The Cultural Revolution, which is basically WWII except with Antifa instead of Nazis.

The Chinese system is not for everybody.

First of all, China has never promoted its Chinese system to the outside world. China has been doing its own things. Secondly, from my observation at least, Chinese civilians are very satisfied with the rule of the Chinese government.

So China's system is suitable for China, that's all.

The Chinese government killed tens of millions of people? Well, at least you didn't say that the Chinese government has killed two billion Chinese.

Otherwise, there will be only human cloning left in China.

First of all, China has never promoted its Chinese system to the outside world. China has been doing its own things. Secondly, from my observation at least, Chinese civilians are very satisfied with the rule of the Chinese government.

So China's system is suitable for China, that's all.

The Chinese government killed tens of millions of people? Well, at least you didn't say that the Chinese government has killed two billion Chinese.

Otherwise, there will be only human cloning left in China.

Reading such responses put a chill in me. It is of course hardly the first time I have heard or seen such responses.

We're not living in a world where China can close its doors and do its own thing without bothering the world.

China is the biggest player in the world, and whatever China does, will have some impact.

As for the Great Leap Famine, commonly accepted figure is 30 million deaths.

Reading such responses put a chill in me. It is of course hardly the first time I have heard or seen such responses.

We're not living in a world where China can close its doors and do its own thing without bothering the world.

China is the biggest player in the world, and whatever China does, will have some impact.

As for the Great Leap Famine, commonly accepted figure is 30 million deaths.
Now you think the Chinese government is doing better than before? Or worse?

Back