Post your own funny #WaPoDeathNotices

Angelyn

Female
Got insipired when WaPo tried to make ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sound like a nice guy.

This is the moment to do creative writing, folks!

Ex-CIA Director Critiques Trump for Claiming Baghdadi Was 'Bigger' Than Bin Laden: 'There Wasn't a Competition'

Former acting CIA Director Michael Morell said President Donald Trump's assertion that Islamic State (ISIS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's death was "bigger" than the killing of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was not how the situation should be viewed.

Bin Laden was big, but this was bigger," Trump argued on Sunday during a press conference. Trump announced to reporters and the world that Baghdadi was dead after Saturday's U.S. military operation, which was first reported by Newsweek.

The president said that Baghdadi was "the biggest there is" and "the worst ever." Although he said "Osama bin Laden was very big," he insisted that Baghdadi "is a man who built a whole, as he would like to call it, a country, a caliphate, and was trying to do it again."

Interviewing Morell on CBS This Morning on Monday about the military operation, host Gayle King asserted, "I think most people weren't even aware there was a competition," referring to the president's remarks.

"Yeah, so there wasn't a competition," Morell responded with a smile, visibly amused. "Both operations were very significant, significant setbacks for Al-Qaeda in bin Laden's case and ISIS in Baghdadi's case," he explained.

Morell did speak positively about Baghdadi being taken out. "History has shown us, Gayle, that when you take a terrorist leader off the battlefield, it takes a while for the replacement to find their way, to learn the job, so that's a setback."

He added that the ISIS leadership would now be "worrying more about their own security" than "running their group and thinking about operations."

Newsweekreported on Sunday that ISIS already has a new leader to take over following Baghdadi's death. Abdullah Qardash, sometimes spelled Kardesh and also known as Hajji Abdullah al-Afari, has taken over command of the militant group, a regional intelligence official, who asked not to be identified by name or nation, told Newsweek. Qardash previously served as an Iraqi military officer in the regime of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who was overthrown and captured by the U.S.

(Thank you George bush!)

Trump's argument that Baghdadi's death was bigger than the killing of bin Laden in 2011 was viewed as bizarre by many. The Al-Qaeda leader was killed after a U.S. operation in Pakistan, which was carried out under President Barack Obama. Bin Laden was the mastermind behind the September 11, 200, attacks in the U.S., which left nearly 3,000 people dead and more than 6,000 injured.

The president has long tried to discredit Obama's administration for taking out bin Laden, a target that had eluded President George W. Bush, who led the country during the 9/11 attacks, and went on to launch the "war on terror." In 2012, Trump tweeted: "Stop congratulating Obama for killing Bin Laden. The Navy Seals killed Bin Laden."

(well then who killed Bagdadi?)

The president also falsely claimed during his Sunday press conference that he had predicted bin Laden would carry out the attacks, describing the deceased militant leader as "tall" and "very handsome

Got insipired when WaPo tried to make ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sound like a nice guy.

This is the moment to do creative writing, folks!

there is that bias slipping through again....or is this just more proof you are an independent?...confusing....

Last edited:
Think her point is - how biased the media is - ya doofus.

I'm not making any point. I just decided I wanted to read some amusing things.
Subhub posted a long and boring article in response. The very definition of uptight.
He seems to think that anyone not on his side is his enemy.
This kind of mentality explains why I may read liberal press like NYT and WaPo, but I don't vote blue.

I liked that Timothy McVeigh obit... that guy was full of manure.
Enthusiast of lawn fertilizer products... what the hell.

I'm not making any point. I just decided I wanted to read some amusing things.
Subhub posted a long and boring article in response. The very definition of uptight.
He seems to think that anyone not on his side is his enemy.
This kind of mentality explains why I may read liberal press like NYT and WaPo, but I don't vote blue.

Mmmmm I must have hit a nerve...…..
I just have no time for dishonest people...…..talk against corruption and etc and yet with every breath seem to support it....kind of phoney….just like the article...it pointed out something phoney with our politics and you are offended....says a lot don't you think....as for being uptight...….that to is something your party created with Gingrich's contract with America.....the division has grown wider over time....while your party goes out of it's way to destroy everything this country stood for

as for the press......they keep politicians in line...we certainly can't rely on politicians to do that....just because they tell you something you don't want to hear doesn't make them bad

bottom line.....I just hate government corruption....and for those that either support it or are too blind to see it

Last edited:
For the zillionth time - I am an Independent - both sides are corrupt - but your side has taken it to the extreme - and your side doesn’t seem to try to even hide it anymore. Prolly cause Dems don’t want to see it and they know this.

For the zillionth time - I am an Independent - both sides are corrupt - but your side has taken it to the extreme - and your side doesn’t seem to try to even hide it anymore. Prolly cause Dems don’t want to see it and they know this.

for the first time....because this is the first time you have stated you are independent.....
sure you are...….just like the gal that posted this thread...…...you have had nothing but condemnation for anyone speaking out against trump.....this gal doesn't support trump either but mimics him with a whole new thread

my side?...let that pass.....the left has to jump up and down and scream and take whatever means necessary to get through you trumpies….this guy is a crook....and would sell out his mom if the money was right....he has no loyalty to nothing...….and yet every post is in defense of the man....and pushing for re-elction….there is no such thing as an honest politician...….but this guy has lowered the bar for corruption it will be there for years...….not even going into how he is flat destroying the constitution....with your help and others like you he is above the law....anyone that says he isn't he just fires or slanders and you people buy right into....look at this thread....the Washington post has always investigated corruption...clear back before Nixon even....but because they report on things trump doesn't want exposed they are no good.....the press is what keeps politicians honest as much as they can....but now we have someone that says the press is all bad.....only liked Fox....but when they started reporting the facts...he sent barr over to have a talk....and the lead broadcaster resigns...how odd.....that's how p.utin works...….he threatened the publisher of the newspaper with jail over treason....the guy fled the country...P.utin takes it over and now it only puts out what he wants it to say

Think her point is - how biased the media is - ya doofus.

Mmmm funny her point seems to be that of trump and the rest of his trumptards like you

BTW....doofus would be someone who has spent 2 years defending everything trump does while condemning the left....and then saying you are an independant

Last edited:
I’ve told you a dozen times that I’m an Independent - but you only remember what you want to - like shite the media tells you about our President. I doubt after what the Dems are trying to do to the President and what they attempted to do to Judge Kavanaugh that I’ll ever vote for a Democrat again - your party SUX and is the party of sore LOSERS!!!!!!

I’ve told you a dozen times that I’m an Independent - but you only remember what you want to - like shite the media tells you about our President. I doubt after what the Dems are trying to do to the President and what they attempted to do to Judge Kavanaugh that I’ll ever vote for a Democrat again - your party SUX and is the party of sore LOSERS!!!!!!

Nope...NEVER...just look at what you just posted on the other thread.... you trumpies when you see things going down hill for your man...all of a sudden never liked him anyway is that it

Back