Phone numbers and dating BS

Black adonis

Male
Gold Member
Real Person
From
CA, US
People be tripping. I was talking to a couple and we were talking about meeting up. I was going to get a hotel room and drive 45 mins. Then they started bullshitting about giving me a number. I'm not about to drive 45 mins for someone who can't even give me a number! Was I wrong?

Last edited:
If you are meeting up with then then it shouldnt come down to that. Me personally- I dont give my phone number out from previous encounters that were shall we say were - stalkerish. After a couple meets and some trust is established then yeah maybe but for me- no not right off the bat. I will communicate with you via whatsapp or Kik if wanted and you need to DM me. But first meet- no.

Last edited:
If you are meeting up with then then it shouldnt come down to that. Me personally- I dont give my phone number out from previous ncounters that were shall we say stalkerish. After a couple meets and some trust is established then yeah maybe but for me- no not right off the bat. I will communicate with you via whatsapp or Kik if wanted and you need to DM me. But first meet- no.
I disagree.

Excellent- thats OK. You may feel differently after people begin to harrass you on your personal cell line at work and home.
I understand that women have to guard their personal phone numbers, but how difficult is it to block someone? Also, I had been talking to these people for several months. I have had bad experiences in the past, where I only had an IM or an email and when I went to meet the person, I was left hanging!

Why not get a google voice number or even a burner phone or something. I don’t see how someone would not meet without being able to text or call. Although you can Kik or Snap as well.

Getting a burner phone was our choice; phone was $35.000 at Walmart & $20.00 a month for unlimited talk & text, we call it our "sex phone". We never meet anyone without both of us talking on the phone with them first and we have no intention of giving out our personal numbers to people we've never met or talked to, there's just to many crazies out there for that!

I understand that women have to guard their personal phone numbers, but how difficult is it to block someone? Also, I had been talking to these people for several months. I have had bad experiences in the past, where I only had an IM or an email and when I went to meet the person, I was left hanging!
Thats why I use Kik or Whatspp. Keeps my personal information personal. This guy used some paid app thing to get my address.

Last edited:
We use Kik or WhatsApp (or other third-party pseudo phone number) to communicate until we have a face to face meet-n-greet, AND after trust is established. Giving out a personal phone number without restrictions is risky.

We use Kik or WhatsApp (or other third-party pseudo phone number) to communicate until we have a face to face meet-n-greet, AND after trust is established. Giving out a personal phone number without restrictions is risky.
How is WhatsApp any better/more-private? Unless you have a burner phone, your WhatsApp number is the same as your mobile phone number...Unless I am missing something? And if you're using a burner phone, why even bother with WhatsApp, why not just rely on calls and SMS texts?

How is WhatsApp any better/more-private? Unless you have a burner phone, your WhatsApp number is the same as your mobile phone number...Unless I am missing something? And if you're using a burner phone, why even bother with WhatsApp, why not just rely on calls and SMS texts?
Mis-typed…Talkatone app - it lets you use a pseudo number. Otherwise, any texting app that shields your real phone number…there are several out there.

Back