John Wick 4 is good?

I was going to go see A Good Person but I skipped it because of the poor critic reviews and I went to see John Wick 4 instead with it's 95% fresh critic score. Are these critics out of their minds? It wasn't even a movie, it was like watching a video game. Don't get me wrong the cinematography and fighting choreography were really well done and obviously A LOT of money was spent to make these scenes. The film was really nice to look at, I'll give it that. But the plot and acting were so horrid. Keanu Reeves didn't even "act" in the film. An AI voice could have done just a good of job at reading the one liners. It was just non-stop fighting with "boss" fights at the end of each scene. It was so ridiculous and the violence was so over-the-top it became tedious after the first hour (it's a three hour movie by the way.) How is seeing guy after guy getting a bullet to his brain fun or enjoyable? I don't understand why so many people enjoy movies like this. I knew I should have went with my gut and watched A Good Person instead. I'm positive it would have been better than this.

I don't know maybe I'm just not "man" enough to enjoy movies like John Wick 4. Maybe I'm too much of a sissy cuck to understand why watching people die for 3 hours is cool and enjoyable.

Back