Iranian Nuclear treaty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US administration is entering into an agreement with IRAN in order to limit Iran’s quest for a nuclear weapon. The agreement’s historic potential is equated to the 1972 agreement between the United States and China.

First, Secretary of State Mr. John Kerry is no Henry Kissinger. Second, Mr. Hassan Rouhani is no Zhou Enlai. Also, in 1972 China was reducing its support for the Communist North Vietnam.

Unfortunately, Iran is not reducing its support for terrorism but is increasing its proxy support for Hezbollah that had killed 241 US Marines in Beirut and through its Revolutionary Guard Corps gives Hamas and others, thousands of rockets, millions of dollars a year, training and operational logistical support for terrorism in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Thailand, Nigeria, Israel and other lands. In September 2013, Iranian operative was arrested in Tel Aviv with pictures of the U.S. embassy in his possession.

We should not forget our Marines who had perished in Beirut, but remember that the quest for peace is not to be limited to Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons but in ending that government’s sponsorship of the killing of innocents around the world. We should not seek Neville Chamberlain’s “Peace in our time” and close our eyes to the death and destruction that Iran and its proxies sow.

I'm sorry, easyuk, I simply don't understand your response. Are you saying the reports coming out of Syria are exaggerated or even false? What are you saying?
Mac
Actually, I'm saying if the only information available to people living in a country is that their life is wonderful, their leadership is benevolent and anyone trying to change it is a terrorist then they tend to believe it.

Look at it this way; for an ordinary Syrian life was actually pretty good unless you had any political oppinions. Then the protests came. Then the civil war came. Life became horrible. Who would you blame ?

The unintended consequences of wanting and trying to do the right thing when confronted with a regime unwilling to adapt and change.

The US administration is entering into an agreement with IRAN in order to limit Iran’s quest for a nuclear weapon. The agreement’s historic potential is equated to the 1972 agreement between the United States and China.

First, Secretary of State Mr. John Kerry is no Henry Kissinger. Second, Mr. Hassan Rouhani is no Zhou Enlai. Also, in 1972 China was reducing its support for the Communist North Vietnam.

Unfortunately, Iran is not reducing its support for terrorism but is increasing its proxy support for Hezbollah that had killed 241 US Marines in Beirut and through its Revolutionary Guard Corps gives Hamas and others, thousands of rockets, millions of dollars a year, training and operational logistical support for terrorism in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Thailand, Nigeria, Israel and other lands. In September 2013, Iranian operative was arrested in Tel Aviv with pictures of the U.S. embassy in his possession.

We should not forget our Marines who had perished in Beirut, but remember that the quest for peace is not to be limited to Iran’s pursuit of nuclear weapons but in ending that government’s sponsorship of the killing of innocents around the world. We should not seek Neville Chamberlain’s “Peace in our time” and close our eyes to the death and destruction that Iran and its proxies sow.
The Iranian government has changed several times since the Beirut bombings in democratic elections. There is a strange theocratic overlay which makes it rather more complex when compared to the Western system.

However, if the government and it's policies have changed I don't really see how it's sensible to have the same policies towards it.

Daphne sweetheart, your so called 'records' are probably something you read on some internet 'site'. I don't like to divulge too much about my professional background, but I am a professor of Middle Eastern Studies and work for a well-known International Relations Institute with a PhD in this field. I'm afraid you will either need to really quote some academically and empirically proven and factual information here or else everybody else is going to look at you as some typical average low information voter out there who keeps shouting and yelling in order to 'prove' they're right and everyone else is just Anti-American. The world is not black and white beautiful....it's grey for the most part!

So, someone thinks that he is 100% of the rights, and someone loses monitoring and ceases to track the speech.

Please ladies and gentlemen, be careful what you say about other people's countries, they also are people and they may not agree with your position, and do not forget that on the other side of the conflict, they can be have the opposite your opinion, and it is possible that you are mistaken in your opinion as to exactly as much as your opponent. :balanced:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back