How to celebrate MLK day

How about no just dropping drawers for MLK? I want to see black people and white people just truly appreciate and accept what MLK preached and meant to everyone. I am tired of the idiots who just want to use this day as an excuse to drop their drawers or ******* others to bend to their will. How about if people honor the man and the God he preached to? I have seen so many of the "Black People are Gods" threads. How about if people be real and take each person as they are? Sorry. Off my soapbox now.

Actually Dan, several Civil Rights Acts were drafted and never approved prior to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There was the Civil Rights Act of 1866, the Civil Rights Act of 1875, and the Civil Rights Act of 1957, that you refer to ... however, each had major pieces missing from them that were included in the Civil Rights Act of 1965. Robert Kennedy, who was serving as the Attorney General to his brother John F Kennedy, was responsible for the final draft that became law.
And as they often say ... View attachment 493389 View attachment 493391
because of a majority of democrats in congress. In 1964, the majority in congress was republicans and that was the last time they saw any majority until 2012

Back