Help for refugees.

It can be illegal even when both are adults.
If one of them is in a position of power over the other. So if you work at a shelter and you have such a position having an affair can be a legal issue!
You are right. In my previous post i did not think of and mention a psychiatrist-patient, guard-prisoner or similar problematic (and indeed illegal) relationships. But as a volunteer at a refugee shelter who is not professionally educated you are not granted that level of responsibility and there always needs to be a professional in that superior position to watch over you. i hardly believe a relationship between such volunteer and a refugee can ever be ruled illegal provided both are consenting adults.

You are right. In my previous post i did not think of and mention a psychiatrist-patient, guard-prisoner or similar problematic (and indeed illegal) relationships. But as a volunteer at a refugee shelter who is not professionally educated you are not granted that level of responsibility and there always needs to be a professional in that superior position to watch over you. i hardly believe a relationship between such volunteer and a refugee can ever be ruled illegal provided both are consenting adults.
No in this case not illegal.
But you have to be careful like in every work related relationship to not be unprofessional.

No in this case not illegal.
But you have to be careful like in every work related relationship to not be unprofessional.
Of course. Also be careful not to start thinking with your ovaries and turning off your brain. Not every refugee is necessarily a good guy. Also he may come from a different cultural background than you which may easily lead to misunderstandings. If a man considers you his wife just because you gave him a smile and a wink you are in for trouble. ;)

r895VSRF.jpeg

Back