Gender Explanation For Dummys

That is the trick with personal liberties. You have a right to own a gun. I have a right to life. Whose takes precedent?

I didn't say you said that. I was asking for clarification. To further clarify, you believe there should be repercussions for what is said. So does that mean to you that if one were to yell fire in a crowded theater, where there was no fire, and someone was trampled to death in the rush to exit, then that person should be held responsible for that death?

To answer your question in short - yes they could, and possibly should be held accountable, but each case is different - what if the person was mentally ill and/or a person really "thought" it was on fire? If someone yells fire for the purpose of causing panic, sure. There also needs to be a level of personal responsibility - if someone yells FIRE are you going to verify the information first, or are you simply going to panic and trample anyone in your way to the door? On the other side of the coin, should stores be held accountable for Black Friday stampedes?

However, there really is no comparison to personal feelings vs Lying to the public and causing panic or some other dangerous situation. The media should be (but isn't) held accountable for when they report false information. Most of the networks don't even apologize for bad reporting.
Good read on the subject,
http://civil-liberties.yoexpert.com...-shout-"fire"-in-a-crowded-theater-19421.html

Not using a pronoun isn't going to cause public panic.

To answer your question in short - yes they could, and possibly should be held accountable, but each case is different - what if the person was mentally ill and/or a person really "thought" it was on fire? If someone yells fire for the purpose of causing panic, sure. There also needs to be a level of personal responsibility - if someone yells FIRE are you going to verify the information first, or are you simply going to panic and trample anyone in your way to the door? On the other side of the coin, should stores be held accountable for Black Friday stampedes?

However, there really is no comparison to personal feelings vs Lying to the public and causing panic or some other dangerous situation. The media should be (but isn't) held accountable for when they report false information. Most of the networks don't even apologize for bad reporting.
Good read on the subject,
http://civil-liberties.yoexpert.com/civil-liberties-general/is-it-legal-to-shout-"fire"-in-a-crowded-theater-19421.html

Not using a pronoun isn't going to cause public panic.
That wasn't the point. The point, which you concede, is that words that people use that cause harm should be held responsible. That freedom of speech is not unlimited, as is any right.

What if you inadvertently ******* me with your gun?

What if I inadvertently ******* you with my Car? Or I drop a ladder on you, how about a brick - should we ban those too? There are already laws stating that I can't cause you harm. Banning all the means possible to ******* someone is ignorant. - Getting out of bed in the morning could cause you harm, should we ban that? If I "accidentally" ******* you with my gun, I will be held liable for that. The only thing that threatens your right to life is a criminal, and we have laws against them also, banning the gun isn't going to get rid of the criminal.

That wasn't the point. The point, which you concede, is that words that people use that cause harm should be held responsible. That freedom of speech is not unlimited, as is any right.

In certain cases yes - but as I pointed out, banning words or requiring certain speech isn't reasonable simply to spare your feelings, not using a pronoun doesn't casue anyone harm or panic. Besides that I never said freedoms are unlimited - that was your assumption. Someone screaming fire in a theater is far more different than not using a pronoun to address a transgender - you are trying to make a straw-man argument.

I think I'll stick with the American Medical Association and my own common sense to know that there are two genders and this hasn't magically changed over thousands of years just because it happens to be a politically correct fad nowadays.

There are anomalies at births, of course, but this is a very small percentage.

Common sense and scientific facts prove this out.

You can put on lipstick and wear high heels all you want, it's not going to magically change the fact that you're a man.

Some people just have wild beliefs and you can never change their minds no matter how much evidence and logic you present them with. I give up.

I'm a pilot and I knew someone who believed that the earth was flat. I showed him empirical evidence that he was wrong and even took him flying to prove that he was wrong. But he still clung to his belief that the earth was flat and that all pilots were in on the conspiracy. There's just no hope for some people and arguing with them is pointless.

Some people are just going to believe that there's no such thing as gender and race and that it's all a social construct. Oh well.....have a nice day.

I'm a pilot and I knew someone who believed that the earth was flat. I showed him empirical evidence that he was wrong and even took him flying to prove that he was wrong. But he still clung to his belief that the earth was flat and that all pilots were in on the conspiracy. There's just no hope for some people and arguing with them is pointless.

Funny you bring that up, I've always said that the left argues like a flat earther - lol.

Very true. They base their decisions on emotions, not facts. It's rather pointless to argue with them.

Honestly, how can you argue with someone who believes that there's no such thing as genders? Or race?

Just smile and wave and send them off to the funny farm.

Seems You have no understanding of race. (why was that no surprise coming from you i asked myself) There is only 'ONE' race and that's the human race. What you clearly get confused with is, is the diversion within the human race and label it wrongly as race meaning blacks , whites, etc etc. So before you try to sound all high and mighty towards someone, make sure your not making another non factual statement or are actually ignorant of your own comments or wording.

You also tried the gender angle. And still got that all wrong.

It would have taken you all of three seconds to actually find that gender classification is no longer fluid, the intersex debate and reclassification of the sexual orientation is still going on by not only the medical profession world wide, but by nearly everyone concerned ranging from doctors to health workers to sexual therapists to psychiatrists. And most agree there are no longer just two or even three classifications of gender.

You may have a (wrong) opinion that there are only two. But here's the rub. There isn't just two. There never were just two. But seeing as your posting within your ignorance bubble how could you have known that? Hermaphrodites have been around since the birth of man. Records of three genders have been around since man started recording facts, data etc. And since modern times the fourth was added and acknowledged as such.

I'm sorry, but it is truly really painful watching you trying to debate something about gender or race. You can't even get the basics right and begs the question why the hell do you even bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Common sense and scientific facts prove this out.

Again with the Bullshit .

Scientific fact DO NOT BACK YOU UP.

The AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERS DO NOT BACK YOU UP.

You use the word fact as if it means something. When the evidence posted on here proves that it means no such thing.

The American Medical Association members STATE THERE ARE THREE CLASSIFICATIONS of gender. Three. Intersex being the fourth ( yet to be fully classified). So nowhere do they back you up any factual way.

Why do you lie? Is it genetics with you? Do you think people won't check your bullshit and lies?

As for you say you will use some common sense...Really? Please post a thread on the forum when your going to start!

Some people just have wild beliefs and you can never change their minds no matter how much evidence and logic you present them with.

You mean like using fact, evidence and common sense your comment was debunked, proven wrong, and found to be without merit or fact?

I showed him empirical evidence that he was wrong.here's just no hope for some people and arguing with them is pointless.

You mean the empirical evidence that you claimed was so, yet was debunked, proven wrong,and found to be without merit or fact as proven by actual empirical evidence and supported by the very association you used as evidence? Yet you still continue to moan whine and throw a tantrum and argue against proven fact?

Some people are just going to believe that there's no such thing as gender and race and that it's all a social construct. Oh well.....have a nice day.

LOLOLOLOL Wow you really have no clue to the BS you post. As for you being a pilot. seeing as you are exactly like the so called 'guy you knew' I have serious doubts as to your honesty.

Appeared in BioNews 899
At least 6,500 genes are expressed at different levels in male or female body tissues, finds a new study.
'The basic genome is nearly the same in all of us, but it is utilized differently across the body and among individuals,' said Dr Moran Gershoni, who carried out the study, published in BMC Biology, with Professor Shmuel Pietrokovski at the Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel.
Using data from the GTEx project – a large study of human gene expression in different organs and body tissues from nearly 550 adult donors – the researchers investigated the expression levels of 20,000 different genes, and sorted their findings by sex and tissue.
Of the genes they studied, close to 6500 had an expression level that was biased towards one sex or the other in at least one tissue type. For example, genes related to hair growth were expressed more highly in men's skin cells than women's, while genes related to fat storage were expressed more highly in women.

Interestingly, they found that genes with a higher sex-specific expression bias accumulated mutations at a much higher rate than genes with a similar expression level between the sexes.
'The more a gene was specific to one sex, the less selection we saw on the gene,' said Dr Gershoni.
Differential gene expression between the sexes could explain why certain mutations can persist in the population, and the authors speculate that this could help researchers understand why rates of infertility between couples are so high. For example, women can pass on mutations that might be highly detrimental to male fertility, as they do not hinder female reproduction.
'Paradoxically, sex-linked genes are those in which harmful mutations are more likely to be passed down, including those that impair fertility,' said Professor Pietrokovski.

Their findings also identified potential differences in disease onset and response to ******* treatment between the sexes. It is hoped that these findings could aid disease research and treatment in the future.
Notably, the expression of one gene, called NPPB, was found to decline in women with age, which the researchers suggest might play a role in the increased risk of heart disease found in post-menopausal women.
They also found that genes for certain enzymes in the liver, which are known to regulate ******* metabolism, were expressed more highly in women than men. This provides a degree of evidence for the differences observed in ******* processing between men and women, they suggest.
'The study also emphasizes the need for a better understanding of the differences between men and women in the genes that cause disease or respond to treatments,' said Professor Pietrokovski.

Are we next?

Not exactly related to the thread theme is it Two?

While there are instances of your post that get published in the press, you will find that they are the most extreme cases. Though local press have more, 'lets say absurd instances of PC culture . Unlike the US the UK's police forces while governed as a whole from central government, receive their 'additional' duties from local government. The PC culture in the UK started when the opposition, i.e. labour were in power in the 90's and continued and driven forward again when in power from 1997 -2007. Add into the mix the utter and complete nonsense of having to comply with EU directives its no wonder the UK is in the PC mess it is.

An example:

Political correctness started in the good old US of A in the 1980's. I won't post the whole article but a lot of what is said in this article has and is happening in the US, so to answer your question.

You are too late. Its already happening.

This is a long video of the Munk debate on political correctness. Stephen Fry and Jordan Peterson give two detailed replies to this 'situation'.

Not exactly related to the thread theme is it Two?

Considering there was just a long discussion on the use of Gender pronouns, it is related. Perhaps you are not following in this discussion or you simply wish to cherry pick an argument.

Yes, PC culture has been in the US for a long time - but that is not what the video is about. The video I posted is more about using the correct pronoun when addressing Transgenders, not so much about PC. People in the UK are facing jail time. It is not yet illegal in the US to use the wrong pronoun, so my question is are we next? My video about transgender pronouns has far more relevance to this thread than both of your PC culture videos combined.

[QUOTEThe video I posted is more about using the correct pronoun when addressing Transgenders, not so much about PC. People in the UK are facing jail time.][/QUOTE]

As usual the point went wildly over your head as it usually does, I'll explain slowly so you can understand.

My reply to your video was an explanation as to why such an incident happened and why the use of a gender pronoun became offensive in the eyes of some, the law and civil rights.. How it has been building through both legislation and minority group action, being ****** upon countries in Europe by those minorities who are being catered for at the expense of the majority, and why it is leading to the utter nonsense of someone being arrested for saying something about a person ( your gender pronouns case).

Oh! and Two, the PC culture has everything to do with gender pronouns. Its the culture of political correctness that is driving the so called arrests and court cases. Its the political correctness madness that is changing the way legislation is made in regard to civil rights and status under law. Its the use of LLE to police and monitor the application by observation or being informed.

but that is not what the video is about.

It would seem you're the one not having an understanding of the topic you yourself posted in this discussion or you simply wish to cherry pick an argument.

My video about transgender pronouns has far more relevance to this thread than both of your PC culture videos combined.

Wrong again Two. You clearly have no understanding of the issues involved. After all you used the UK as an example while having no knowledge as to why these things are happening.

It is not yet illegal in the US to use the wrong pronoun, so my question is are we next?

You're too late as it is already is illegal in the US. ( As of now only some parts).

In 2002 NYC passed a law which stated gender pronouns or rather their misuse will result in fines or imprisonment if repeated.

Back in 2002 the New York City Council passed a Transgender Rights Bill in order to help protect the rights of persons whose “gender and self-image do not fully accord with the legal sex assigned to them at birth.” While the resulting NYC Human Rights Law prohibited discrimination against such persons, the range of potential violations against transgender and gender non-conforming individuals that were punishable under that law was not clearly explained. This oversight was remedied on 21 December 2015, when the New York City Commission for Human Rights released new guidelines governing discrimination on the basis of gender identity or expression:

California passed a law in 2017 making it a jail time offence in some circumstances, as in this case health care workers.

"It shall be unlawful for a long-term care facility or facility staff to take any of the following actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status," the bill reads.

Among the unlawful actions are “willfully and repeatedly” failing to use a transgender person’s “preferred name or pronouns” after he or she is “clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns.”

The law states that if provisions are violated, the violator could be punished by a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars” or “by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

Enjoy

Back