Cricket Lovers

I did mean the sport but good to know there are other forms of cricket enjoyment

I'm a big cricket fan, not so much County cricket, you know Middlesex Vs Somerset etc or I'm not big into the IPL, or The Hundred (I mean I'll watch them if they were on as I'm watching TV but I won't go out of my way to watch it or remind myself to watch it)

I only make a note to watch test match cricket.

So I'm all over the current Ashes series. What a match it was today ? And they say test match cricket is on it's a.s.s. Great game and another 4 to come.

Last edited:
What has this forum come to? What happened to the fierce passionate debate and exchange of ideas (and occasionally insults).
Well at least everyone is being nice to each other. 🙄🙄🫥
In which forum did THAT take place? Think I might have missed it.
I think the insane fans of the orange beast have accepted the fate of their orange haired warrior.

In which forum did THAT take place? Think I might have missed it.
I think the insane fans of the orange beast have accepted the fate of their orange haired warrior.
Who is this "orange beast" you speak of and his "insane fans"?

Surely you're not trying to introduce politics into this in violation of FB's new rules are you?

Surely you're not trying to introduce politics into this in violation of FB's new rules are you?
Gif_MrRogers-YourMind.gif .... You really do miss me don't you hh? Shelbyville, KY is just 41/2 hours up the road. Let's hook up ...get this desire of yours off your chest.

Last edited:
View attachment 6204801 .... You really do miss me don't you hh? Shelbyville, KY is just 41/2 miles up the road. Let's hook up ...get this desire of yours off your chest.
sorry, no interest in helping you fulfil your desires to "hook up" with another man. Now instead of deflecting, answer the question:

sorry, no interest in helping you fulfil your desires to "hook up" with another man. Now instead of deflecting, answer the question:

Bro you still mad because of the man in black thing lmfao ..you over here like you can't wait to snitch lmfao gosh get you negative vibes out of here

I'm a big cricket fan, not so much County cricket, you know Middlesex Vs Somerset etc or I'm not really into the IPL, or The Hundred. I only watch test match cricket. So I'm all over the current Ashes series. What a match it was today ? And they say test match cricket is on it's a.s.s. Great game and another 4 to come.
Ashes
England VS Australia
Aussies Rule
Test Match Cricket........poetry in motion with self control and endurance

Ashes
England VS Australia
Aussies Rule
Test Match Cricket........poetry in motion with self control and endurance
It was ever thus. Difference between cricket in the UK and cricket in Australia is that in the UK it's played by a minority of rich ******* in expensive schools, but in Oz it's played by anyone and everyone.

It was ever thus. Difference between cricket in the UK and cricket in Australia is that in the UK it's played by a minority of rich ******* in expensive schools, but in Oz it's played by anyone and everyone.

Very true. When you look at the England cricket team, I think pretty much all of them went to a fee private boarding schools. Some started off in grammar schools but by the age of 12 or 13, they shipped them off to some elite, expensive boarding school.

So if you think you can play for the England cricket team and attend a state comprehensive school in the UK ?

I mean, it's not impossible because Andrew Flintoff went to a state school and never went to private or public school and made it but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Cricket is not as elite in the UK, as say rugby union but it's not far off and let's not even talk about Tennis in the UK.

It's an absolute disgrace, an absolute scandal, the way Britain is so sh*t at Tennis. Next week when Wimbledon starts they'll blab on and on about Wimbledon being "the biggest tennis tournament in the world" "the one every one wants to win" OK. Cool.

So why have Britain been so sh*t at tennis for the past 40 years hmm ?

The reigning women champion, Elena Rybinkina is a Kazak and the men champion Novak Djkovic is a Serb. The Lawn Tennis Association (the national governing body of tennis in Great Britain) makes more money in a month that the Serbian or Kazakstan tennis association makes in a year.

Answer = Because in Britain Tennis is even more of an elite sport than cricket and Rugby, it's not played by the k.i.d.s in Britain whose families live in the mud. Where as in Serbia and kazakhstan it's played by the k.i.d.s whose familes haven't gotta biscuit.

Britain is one of only four countries to have a Grand Slam, others are the French Open, Australian Open and the US Open (and those countries seem to have no issues in producing top tennis players)

The only reason Andy Murray came through was her mum was part of the Tennis establishment and she was super pushy and groomed him for Tennis from an early age.

You know the reason why the Chinese are strong at Table Tennis ? This is what they do. They go to hundreds of schools up and down the country

They put a box about 12 feet away from the k.i.d.s

1687515702495.png

And then ask them to throw a ball into it. Anytime a k.i.d does it first time, 3 times in a row, they're noted as someone with "real potential". They test them in various ways, making it all fun and laughs, nothing too heavy, giving them sweets and d.r.i.n.k and do this for a day and they offer the parents of the k.i.d.s who were top performers to join their table tennis academy

That's all the Lawn tennis association has to do to find k.i.d.s who might have fundamental basic hand eye and ball control.

Go up and down the country and perform tests on k.i.d.s and go to schools in the inner city, go to the socially deprived k.i.d.s, and your future tennis champion will be there and once they find the k.i.d.s who might have a chance support them financially all the way through.

Last edited:
Very true. When you look at the England cricket team, I think pretty much all of them went to a fee private boarding schools. Some started off in grammar schools but by the age of 12 or 13, they shipped them off to some elite, expensive boarding school.

So if you think you can play for the England cricket team and attend a state comprehensive school in the UK ?

I mean, it's not impossible because Andrew Flintoff went to a state school and never went to private or public school and made it but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Cricket is not as elite in the UK, as say rugby union but it's not far off and let's not even talk about Tennis in the UK.

It's an absolute disgrace, an absolute scandal, the way Britain is so sh*t at Tennis. Next week when Wimbledon starts they'll blab on and on about Wimbledon being "the biggest tennis tournament in the world" "the one every one wants to win" OK. Cool.

The reigning women champion, Elena Rybinkina is a Kazak and the men champion Novak Djkovic is a Serb. The Lawn Tennis Association (the national governing body of tennis in Great Britain) makes more money in a month that the Serbian or Kazakstan tennis association makes in a year.

Answer = Because in Britain Tennis is even more of an elite sport than cricket and Rugby, it's not played by the k.i.d.s in Britain whose families live in the mud. Where as in Serbia and kazakhstan it's played by the k.i.d.s whose familes haven't gotta biscuit.

Britain is one of only four countries to have a Grand Slam, others are the French Open, Australian Open and the US Open (and those countries seem to have no issues in producing top tennis players)

The only reason Andy Murray came through was her mum was part of the Tennis establishment and she was super pushy and groomed him for Tennis from an early age.

You know the reason why the Chinese are strong at Table Tennis ? This is what they do. They go to hundreds of schools up and down the country

They put a box about 12 feet away from the k.i.d.s

View attachment 6209017

And then ask them to throw a ball into it. Anytime a k.i.d does it first time, 3 times in a row, they're noted as someone with "real potential". They test them in various ways, making it all fun and laughs, nothing too heavy, giving them sweets and d.r.i.n.k and do this for a day and they offer the parents of the k.i.d.s who were top performers to join their table tennis academy

That's all the Lawn tennis association has to do to find k.i.d.s who might have fundamental basic hand eye and ball control.

Go up and down the country and perform tests on k.i.d.s and go to schools in the inner city, go to the socially deprived k.i.d.s, and your future tennis champion will be there and once they find the k.i.d.s who might have a chance support them financially all the way through.
Yes, we don't seem interested in investing in talent. When we did, in the run up to the 2012 Olympics in London, we did very well in the medals table. As usual, the best opportunities are available to the rich. 🤷

Back